The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Social media (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Social media
Fur_n_Dirt
So. Ariz. Zone Tech. Expert
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2015 08:43 AM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
Fucking social media!!

My 9 year old asked me why Bruce Jenner wants to be a girl!

I probably said some thing like he's a retard, but I was thinking this is not right..

[ June 06, 2015, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: Fur_n_Dirt ]

--------------------
--- It's all simple if you know what you are doing ---

Posts: 437 | From: Tucson | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2015 09:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
In my opinion, there is no question but that he is mentally disturbed, also commonly called a mental illness. Also, by some reasoning, crazy. I don't consider it a "normal" attitude. Or, even like gays and Lesbians, in which they maintain that it is not a choice, but a condition they are born with.

That's a far cry from paying a surgeon to whack off his penis. Or, whatever it is they do to it? He's not attractive, or fetching. The come hither look on the magazine cover is pathetic, in my opinion. He's not "brave" either.

I think he intends to have sex with somebody, but I'm not sure if it's a male or female. The "male" that would be interested in mounting him must is just as sick as he is? I mean, why wouldn't he be happy wearing girl's clothes, like the rest of us?

Interesting that the situation has become so magnified that nine year olds are discussing it on face book. I just know that my world, at nine years never even gave girls a second thought, more like frogs and sling shots.

The whole world is going nuts.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2015 10:51 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
The left is going to force this kind of crap down our throats. I agree he is mentally ill. They are going to somehow make this out to be a normal/natural thing in life.

I still feel sorry for the sick old fart. Just like I feel sorry for mentally retarded people and the such.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2015 10:54 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with whoever the shrink was that said " a male that gets his penis removed is not a female. He is still a male, just without a penis."

--------------------

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2015 12:41 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2015 12:55 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
 -

--------------------

knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2015 03:30 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2015 09:18 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I am an unabashed Libertarian, and as such, I pride myself in he fact that I genuinely don't give a shit unless and until the actions of another intrude on my personal rights. Beyond that, .. whatever. Whether or not I am personally offended by his actions, or if I feel those actions are morally right or wrong is irrelevant to the dialogue, as long as his actions do not impose on my right to life, liberty, or my pursuit of happiness in my life.

To each their own.

Having said that, I am offended and take exception to the unrecognized problem with this entire "story", and that is the efforts by the media to ram and jam Jenner's sexuality in my face so that, no matter where I turn, it's on my newsfeed, the cable TV news, magazines, etc., etc., ad nauseum.

The wife and I were talking about this just last night and my reply was simple. People do strange shit all the time to change their appearance and make themselves more comfortable within their own skin. Whether more socially, albeit minor, adjustments, like dying your hair, cutting your hair, growing your hair, growing a beard, shaving your beard, piercings, tattoos, what you wear, what you don't wear, dreadlocks, cornrows, shaving the pits and legs or not shaving, to wearing the other gender's clothing to the most extreme - changing your external gender - the one simple fact remains - tits and all, a man is still a man, and you cannot change the DNA.

In the vats majority of these cases, the patient is prevented from undergoing the chopadickoffame, or the addadicktome procedures until after they have lived fully immersed in that gender's role for at least one year, according to some expert in such things on the radio this past week, in order to confirm that you can live as that gender since a lot of people have those procedures performed and still take their own lives. I would imagine that going that year also shows a significant number of those considering the surgery that what they do or do not have in their panties isn't the problem.

I guess for me, long story less long, is that as along as your decisions don't get into the way of me getting the news I feel is important to me, and as long as the government isn't trying to take my stuff and my money to give to you so that you can do whatever goofy shit you want to do, more power to you. I am sure that there are plenty of things that I do that people like that find offensive, but that aren't illegal, and so we're all even. The media just need to realize that their actions are forcing me to change the dial and go to their competitors, so who gains what from this?

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2015 10:23 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The media just need to realize that their actions are forcing me to change the dial and go to their competitors, so who gains what from this?
My guess is the media gains, or plans to gain along with Brucie. The media is reporting that there is going to be another reality show starring the above individual. Big, big paychecks for Bruce.

--------------------

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2015 11:02 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
If so, they need to title it, "Anything For A Buck", starring Kaitlyn Bruce Jenner.

Whatever.

On the more normal side, on Thursday, June 18, ALONE will premier on the History Channel. Chris Weatherman, author of the Survival series under the pen name Angery American, and nine other survival enthusiasts are dropped onto Vancouver Island to see who can not die.

[URL=http://www.history.com/shows/alone?mkwid=m4M904cZ|c_pcrid_4317017552_pkw_alone_pmt_e&utm_source=bing_tune&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=alone&utm_campaign=M_Alone&paidlink=1&cmpid=P aidSe]http://www.history.com/shows/alone?mkwid=m4M904cZ|c_pcrid_4317017552_pkw_alone_pmt_e&utm_source=bing_tune&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=alone&utm_campaign=M_Alone&paidlink=1&cmpid= PaidSe[/URL] When he consulted all of us about whether to do this project, we told him ONLY IF IT WAS NOT SCRIPTED. Truly REALITY TV. They dropped them off with their backpacks and a camera and told them good luck. Looking forward to watching it!

[ June 07, 2015, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Fur_n_Dirt
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2015 11:23 AM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
It was just annoying having to address this bull shit..

Kids want to understand , its impossible to understand this situation!

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2015 03:16 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey CDude;
Maybe those guys on ALONE could hunt down and beat up Mick Dodge while they're enjoying the Pacific North Wet.
`Reality` programs are pandering to the lowest common denominator.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2015 05:02 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
[QUOTE] Hey CDude;
Maybe those guys on ALONE could hunt down and beat up Mick Dodge while they're enjoying the Pacific North Wet.
`Reality` programs are pandering to the lowest common denominator./QUOTE]

No kidding...happened to watch about 3 minutes of 'Fat Guys in the Woods' reality show the other day, and they about cried when they had to chop the head off a mallard drake they caught in a trap to eat...then they proceeded to catch each of the guys on camera talking about their feelings about dispatching said duck...disgusting...

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2015 07:46 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I just don't see what the big deal is.

I don't care, one way or another what the guy does.

Nobody can force me to watch, or read, or listen to anything about it, either. If I do watch, or read, or listen, that's on me.

The Media is a for profit venture, that does whatever they think is best for their bottom line. I have ZERO problem with that. Zero. It's up to me whether I consume their content.

The only kids I can speak to are my own. The world is full of freaks and do-gooders and zealots and shysters and crooks and assholes of every description. My kids are pretty savvy about spotting them and pretty skeptical about anything delivered by The Media. Any media. Again, I can only speak to my own kids, not telling anyone else how to raise theirs. But I've never tried to shelter them from ANYTHING. Rather, tried to explain what it is they are seeing, and who is trying to gain from it and how they should think about things to protect themselves. This Jenner stuff is nothing. We've all seen it. But it has not even merited a single comment, from anyone, at my house? Garden variety freak, media money deal, just another yawner, for my kids?

They seem even less interested in it than I am and that is saying something.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2015 01:33 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Just another time that I am kinda glad my wife and I couldn't have kids.
So without kids, it's easy for me, media wants to put this crap of a story infront of me, I simply find another outlet for the time being.
I simply don't give a rats butt either.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
R.Shaw
Peanut Butter Man, da da da da DAH!
Member # 73

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2015 06:41 PM      Profile for R.Shaw           Edit/Delete Post 
Most of us here have our heads screwed-on right, but there are many millions out there that do not. The more of these types that the media reaches, the more that believe what Jenner did was acceptable. It is NOT accepatble and only contributes to further lowering of morals in this country.

Basically, Bruce Jenner is saying that God made a mistake. In my opinion, transgender, queers, and lesibians have a mental disorder.

Posts: 545 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2015 05:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In my opinion, transgender, queers, and lesibians have a mental disorder.
I agree. But these days, everything is acceptable according to the Liberal Media and our Progressive educational system. Who ever heard of grown women teachers giving it up to 15 year old students? It's so common these days, you can't hardly keep it sorted by state and whether it was in the back seat or a motel room and chances are, a good number of them are "happily" married, with children, no less!

In other words, WHAT STANDARDS, WHAT MORALS, ? NO LIMITS! Kinda seems like moral decay, run rampant.

Thanks Liberals! We had a decent country, once upon a time, now we are an International Joke, with a complete IDIOT PRESIDENT! Jimmy Carter, at least we didn't re elect him!

Cankles can carry so many electoral votes that she only needs to campaign in three or four to get enough to put her over the top. With total support from the Media. God help us, if she wins.

Top to bottom, there is so much attacking the foundations of the country that I have to seriously wonder if it can survive. President DICKWEED has no fucking idea what he is doing! And now he is in charge of the Internet where it will soon be against the law to voice a negative opinion about anything.

Seriously. Liberals are so fucked up, it's hard to overstate just how wrong they are!

Hey, it was fun while it lasted. Somebody grab the flag on the way out the door.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2015 06:01 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They (DAA's kids) seem even less interested in it than I am and that is saying something.
Rereading this dialogue, came across the above comment. I submit; this is illustrating part of the problem. When you can't get a "rise" out of normal children over some outrageous behavior by a celebrity, (well) this says things have gone downhill so far and so fast that the kids can't even process it properly.

Then, we have this:
quote:
I guess I just don't see what the big deal is.

I don't care, one way or another what the guy does.

Dave, I really get what you are trying to say. But, kids need guidance.
quote:
But I've never tried to shelter them from ANYTHING. Rather, tried to explain what it is they are seeing, and who is trying to gain from....
So, yeah. Everybody deals with all this garbage dispensed by the Media in the best way they can. But, we have to "opine" and tell the kids, in no uncertain terms, what is going on and what's wrong with it.

But, the kids, (all kids) being disinterested in it is another situation. it's kind of acceptance, and that's a problem. Sometimes, I think we need the moral courage of being JUDGMENTAL. This stuff isn't normal and it's not acceptable, in my world, and I think it's very OK to stand up and be counted.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS Nothing personal, Dave. I don't have any (zero) problem with what you wrote.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Fur_n_Dirt
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2015 10:48 AM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
Kids need to have a certain amount of maturity to digest the wisdom of parents..

My youngest is 7, difficult to explain the truths , but I tried..

LB: Are you have fun w/ that trail cam??

--------------------

knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2015 10:56 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
 -
knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2015 11:00 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Grizz
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4626

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2015 11:23 AM      Profile for Grizz           Edit/Delete Post 
Is that really his arse???

--------------------
I don't hunt with the pack.

Posts: 95 | From: So Cal | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2015 01:32 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
If that's a garbage bag that he / she / it / is standing in......... I approve.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2015 07:51 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So, it can't pee standing up, right? Don't bother responding, I just remembered, I don't care.

Grizz, we need to talk.....

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2015 08:45 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
"Grizz, we need to talk....."

LMAO!

Grizz......you need to get out more.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters