The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Iknow you guys have wondered ....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Iknow you guys have wondered ....
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2015 10:21 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT TO GET ME FOR MY BIRTHDAY !

Well, here it is!

http://bearingarms.com/double-barreled-1911-pistol-quad-wield-rapid-fire/

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31351 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2015 12:17 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Three thoughts come to mind;

(1) My Gawd !!!!!
(2) Di Fi & Babs Boxer will never approve.
(3) You'd need to put suspenders on the holster belt just to hold everything up.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7522 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2015 04:02 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday LB, or is that just a hint? As for the pistol('s) the first thing that's comes to mind is that the designer must suffer from an extreme case of penis envy? Awhile back, a friend told me that he was looking to purchase a "BFR" revolver in 45/70 which is a 5 or 6 shot Colt (copy) on steroids, for what he intends to do with it I haven't the faintest idea.

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2015 04:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Both 45/70 revolver and dual 45s are certainly penis envy if there ever was. Therefore, I should think Rachel Maddow probably has a pair on order. Oh, a pair! I really do wonder if she's a strap on, or muff diver? Well, as koko said; "You know what she needs, right?"

Good hunting. El Bee

[ May 28, 2015, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2015 08:20 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok..........question for you terminal ballistics guys.
> Would two .45 projectiles hitting somewhat simultaneously have twice the foot pounds of impact as a single slug or would the two get into some kind of logarithm thing and the foot pounds do that 2-4-8-16 stuff ??
A comment was made in our discussion group (two drunks and a card cheat) that by loading one side with a light, fast bullet and the other side with a heavy, slower bullet that the light bullet would arrive first and set up a shock wave that the second heavier bullet would then impact causing the shock wave to go off of the charts.
This is confusing stuff for someone who pokes things with a pointed stick.

[Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7522 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2015 09:05 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
pokes things with a pointed stick.
If you are not employing those logarithm concepts, (otherwise known as google) to your pointed sticks, I can see why you have problems. Many twofer's are possible when you get all knowed up on the subject.

Still, that flinch from the fear of snagging your magnificent white beard [Eek!] in your strings will not go away soon. Nor should it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2015 01:17 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought you might like a nice button or a new rubber band.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2015 08:28 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
No flinch.
Very happy with the way the pointed sticks are flying.
Still no answer to the foot pounds of energy question ??

--------------------

Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2015 10:17 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Koko, I'm a guessin that it'd be ah whallop & a wallop. If you're ever close enough to hear the impact of a high velocity "holler point" , it sounds like a whallop! not a wallop. A FMJ "just" makes a wallop & keeps on traveling . I hope my uneducated explanation answers your question.

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2015 06:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, oh boy, was that response ever in keeping with your custom title; word for word! Keep up the good work, but consider your client. This is koko, so keep the technical terms; (like whallop!) to a minimum. [Smile]

....and, Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2015 08:23 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
It's ok............I understand technical terms like wop, wallop & whallop. I live on a dirt road, not up a hollow.
I also understand that there would be some serious physics involved. Think gelatin block being hit by a second bullet while it's still shaken' from the impact of the first.
Speaking of living up the hollow, where's Krusty ?? This is the kind of stuff he would know.

--------------------

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2015 02:06 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Koko, I have read that the second hit does not magnify the foot pounds.

It would just act as a double tap, or two successive hits in conjunction with one another.

Still, I wouldn't want to be hit with slugs fired from that thing.

[ May 31, 2015, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2015 06:11 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Living on a dirt road, (especially in Scottsdale) is considered very upscale. . At least, that's what I have been told? Part of yard maintenance by their gardeners is raking and grooming those dirt roads to make them look rural. Anybody lives on a dirt road in Arizona, he's probably a 1%er? Must be nice?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 02, 2015 01:59 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Living on a dirt road..........Cool !!!
Driving a Dune Buggy............Cool !!!
Driving a Dune Buggy on a dirt road..........let me get back to you on that one.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters