The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Old Houses (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Old Houses
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2015 07:24 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
For me, no fireplace or at least a wood stove would be a deal-breaker. I don't have all that much faith in global warming. [Smile]

FWIW; When you get ready to move, before you spend a lot of coin on moving boxes, stop in a Wally-World Supercenter about two o'clock in the morning. The stockers in housewares usually have decent boxes that they will gladly give you.

Good luck............and NEVER label a box `Misc.`

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7530 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2015 07:59 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice looking house.
We looked at Wilder and all other points in between. But couldn't live down there solid fog in the winters and solid skeeters in the summers. Good luck Dave A.

LB. That's the problem with the housing market. You're surprised at the cost of houses and how much you can buy up here. For the most part 150k houses are first time starter houses and usually need another 50k to get it up to par.

Got a nice house coming up for sale across the road from me. Custom built (being rebuilt now due to over use of wood stove burned 1/4 of house last New Years eve). Neighbor says it's worth 300k, sits on 3 acres on the Payette River. No yard no fences, drive way sucks over grown with trees and brush. I wouldn't give hime 150k for it.
Glad I'm out of the house buying now. Just need to move and transfer to a job at the new house.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2015 12:15 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
What's the water situation? Well I assume? How busy is hwy 95 going past your house?
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2015 12:40 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah that's my biggest concern is the hwy. I can sorta' hear it in the house with no tv on.

Out back when outside ain't bad. Probably get used to it ?

Well is on property and shared with the neighbor, new pump was installed last year, septic was replaced six years ago.

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2015 12:45 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have an extra room?

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2015 02:53 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Sure.. [Wink]

Thanks Koko, no shortage of boxes where I work.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2015 06:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Another brick to throw at the stupid residents of The People's Republik: no fireplaces!

I think I have this right. No new homes to be built with a fireplace. Some kind of bullshit environmental issue?

But, as I have mentioned before up where my brother lives in Tumwater, close to Olympia. They have "NO BURN DAYS". They get an inversion layer that keeps wood smoke from rising up into the wild blue yonder and apparently, it's hard on the lungs for those living in GOD'S COUNTRY. (that's his opinion) Me? You couldn't pay me to live in the Suicide Capital of America. My sister-in-law, (the Bitch) gets sunshine therapy, some kind of light bulb? What ever blows your skirt up?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31361 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2015 05:23 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Boise has no burn days or the Boise Valley does too. In the winter. We now get inversions winter and summer being fire/smoke.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2015 06:37 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Ain't that the truth. ^^
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2015 06:42 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Well looks like we came full circle lol. Remember early in this thread the talk of New Plymouth ?

Yep ya'll guessed it. I bought this one cuzz it sorta has a fireplace..Koko [Wink] and it's on a quite road.
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3800-SW-1st-Ave-New-Plymouth-ID-83655/96905808_zpid/

[ October 23, 2015, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2015 07:06 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Neat house, Dave!

Looks like you have some area for a nice shooting range, too! [Big Grin]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2015 08:11 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Tim. Yeah got a little elbow room. I'm thinking about renting one of those Pod deals.

Now gotta figure out the moving thing. I'm getting old with a crappy back. Good times !

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2015 01:10 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
You'll really appreciate that fireplace sorta thing on a quiet road when you're relaxing in the evening with a beverage of choice.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7530 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2015 03:35 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice place Dave.

Quiet is good. I was at a co-workers house who lives right along highway 12 on the Clearwater River here in ID. Really nice place, but I couldn't believe how loud the highway was in the canyon... It would be a deal breaker for me.

Hire a coupla or 3 teenage boys to load that heavy stuff and you supervise. I hired a couple of my oldest boys friends when we moved a few years ago and paid them in pizza and bricks of .22 rimfire ammo.

Rent the biggest damn U-Haul truck you can find. We did when we moved, and even the kids said that it would have taken a 100 loads in the pickup to get moved. At that, it still took 3 big loads in the U-Haul. It sure was nice loading stuff on that truck.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2015 03:39 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice house Dave! Id come help ya move...but you know...It's hunting season and all.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2015 06:35 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah whatever Mark..Lol

Good advice Lonny, that's kinda what I was thinkin'

I'll tell ya what though. I'm ready to get the hell out of Nampa though.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters