The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Kelly and all the Okies? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Kelly and all the Okies?
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2015 06:57 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Y'all staying attached to the ground okay?

Talked to a couple people this morning that had close calls, but so far, everybody is whole.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2015 07:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to worry, they routinely walk around with rocks in their pockets. Or in Kelly's case, gold doubloons.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2015 07:57 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
Still here. A few broken limbs in the yard this morning. They are already calling for bad storms come Saturday.

thanks for asking Dave.

The folks north of me towards OKC are having some trouble for sure. We still need rain for our lakes down here, but can do without the hail and nadders....but this time of year it all goes hand in hand around here.
kj

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2015 08:11 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, the Okies have sure had their share.

I think we had 14 or 15 confirmed tornadoes last evening here in Kansas. The largest storm with the most sightings ended up going between Lance and I last night.

The only thing I hate more than ticks and snakes are tornadoes.

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2015 08:13 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear it!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2015 09:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not a joking matter and I don't mean to make light of the situation.

I do notice that the people that live with the threat of tornados can be very calm, and at the same time freak out about CA earthquakes. And, earthquakes are something I am very calm about, weird, huh?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2015 10:22 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Never been right in a tornado, but have been pretty close. Seen a few, put it that way. Two in Oklahoma, but, strangely enough, I was only a few blocks away, right on the edge of the only "killer" tornado I know of, to come through Salt Lake. Killed some poor bastard in a parking lot kiosk only five blocks from where I was driving at that moment. Was actually driving towards it, to get a better look! Yeah, dumbass...

I live on a major fault line and have felt half a dozen small earthquakes. Kind of freaky, to me? And these were all quite small, never felt a "big one".

- DAA

--------------------

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2015 11:21 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen more than I care to living right here in the 'Alley'. In 53 years, I have only been through one.

Huddled in a basement of a church across the street from the bank with 30 of my co-workers in 2004. The tail of the 'funnel cloud' danced about 50' or so over the top of the bank.

The downdraft stripped 20' locust trees from top to bottom and tumbled a 15' limb section 8" in diameter like a piece of straw for about 2 blocks. I can't imagine the damage it would have done if it had been on the ground.

FYI, if it is not on the ground, the proper term is a funnel cloud...only a tornado if it makes it all the way to the ground.

You all might have heard about the earthquakes in Southern Kansas and Northern Oklahoma. They have done some damage down in the areas where they have discoverd a new oil play.

Last fall, one of the aftershocks could be felt here where I live which is about 150 miles or so from the epicenter. Felt and sounded like a big truck going by at a good speed on the street outside.

In fact, thought that is what it was until they reported what it actually was later in the day.

[ May 07, 2015, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2015 01:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard on the news while driving up. Damn, so much commuting I should be looking at a used Prius. (that's a joke)

Getting back to the news/they said a tornado hit a trailer park just outside of Oklahoma City.

Man, if I EVER decided to live in Oklahoma, the very last place would be a mobile home! That seems damned near suicidal?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2015 02:33 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
We actually had more earthquakes this year than Kalifornia did. Tornadoes, snakes, ticks and chiggers and now earthquakes.

On another note, in Tuttle they have a zoo or animal park that was hit and they had lions, tigers and bears, oh dear, roaming loose.

Only in Okieland!

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2015 02:36 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh and we're alright. I drove through Kelly's area yesterday and on up to Chickasha where it started but left way too soon. The wife and youngest daughter were in Norman and got out as they were blowing the sirens. The wife was a little nervous when she got home.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2015 03:32 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Good! Glad to hear from ya!

- DAA

--------------------

jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2015 03:50 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Glad all is well. I did notice while in OK that asphalt shingles are not as popular as they are here, and on the homes that have them, they look pretty new. Stay safe fellas.
Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2015 04:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Shingles. Who knows the answers? Shake shingle (cedar) used to be very popular in SoCal, but the fire hazard is significant. All the people that die in their beds in the middle of the night during an earthquake have their heads bashed in by tile or cement shingles.

The lady across the street spent a fortune on aluminum shingles. A fireman friend told me they were like a deathtrap because they had a hard time chopping holes in them to vent the roof with an axe.

Fibreglass? Tell you the truth, I have no idea?

But tile, you can't walk on for risk of cracking and then it's a pain in the ass to pull a bad one, if you can match it?

I have regular composition shingles. Haven't had a single one damaged or blown off and the roof is at least twelve years old. And, I think it's possibly the cheapest way to go? They scrunch them up to appear more texture, doesn't look flat and plain. I dunno? <shrug>

Anybody?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

trapper2
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2015 04:59 PM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
nothing but rain here, not as much as some places but I think we are up to around 4 inches in the last week or so, finally got some run off to fill the ponds and tanks. I got 140 head of heifers in the pens that ship in the morning and its getting real hard to get in and out to feed them.

kj, I saw where they are saying everyone on the right side of 35 better screw their hats down tight, might even need a hard hat

--------------------
nothing is politically correct if its morally wrong

Posts: 248 | From: okla | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2015 07:21 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday provided 'naders, earthquakes, 80plus mph winds and flooding. The highlight of the day was the Tuttle Tiger safari taking a direct hit and freeing all the inhabitants. Caught them all before anyone could 'claim' a rug.

Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2015 03:12 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Think we got just about all of 'em accounted for? [Big Grin]

- DAA

--------------------

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2015 03:31 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
'tis the season I worry for all my Okie peeps!

Hope this thread continues on with nothing but safe reports! That goes for the Kansans, Nebraskans, Missourians & anyone else who could be affected...

Stay safe, dudes!!!

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2015 05:49 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
after re-roofing a few times, I put a metal roof year before last. Hope to miss a real test on this roof...
Last spring was over at a buds house one May evening and got 10K damage to my truck. The old truck at the house 6 miles away didn't get a dent.

Trapper yes this afternoon and tomorrow they are expecting a major outbreak.
Hell I lost power after work yesterday for a couple of hours from another wind storm.
Sure is life, but I'll admit I am a little on edge about what Saturday afternoon and evening has planned for us.
Be prepared and have a plan wherever you are.
kj

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
trapper2
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2015 06:49 AM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
yep they are saying saterday could be a hum dinger, we got 1.7 rain last night, made loading cattle a lot of fun this morning, but they are gone before the next one which is good.

those metal roofs are a real good deal the way people talk, I know the guys that have had them for a while really like them.

Kelly, talking about having a plan, the knife shop is in the fraidie hole so we just go make knives but e have had so much rain its got about a foot of water in it so no power tools, guess i'll just make snares

--------------------
nothing is politically correct if its morally wrong

Posts: 248 | From: okla | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2015 07:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Life in Oklahoma is interesting.

I'll still never get over attempting to pass through Oklahoma City on 40 or is it 44? I'm sure the locals can read the signs, but I have never made it through town without corrections. My conclusion=It can't be done!

I'm also mystified over all the turtle roadkills? And, tolls; what's with that?

All I have to deal with is friggin' Liberals. Lucky me.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2015 08:20 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And, tolls; what's with that
LOL....I remember several years ago heading out to the camp out and Criner was riding with me. I pulled in to pay the first toll and Steve asked what was going on. I told him it was a toll road, and his exact quote was "you mean to tell me you have to pay to drive on THESE roads". Interesting perspective from someone outside the state...sadly they are some of our better roads.....lol.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2015 04:12 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you guys came through it all okay.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2015 05:16 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Nick. Glad you guys are good.

Hope the weekend doesn't turn out bad.

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2015 10:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
From what I heard while not paying too much attention; it was Texas that got hit, I think?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters