The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Big Non-Typical Mule Deer (Art)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Big Non-Typical Mule Deer (Art)
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2015 09:24 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if anyone here has any interest in this at all but I thought I'd post it, if for no other reason I know a few of you like big mule deer.It's taken me quite a long time to complete this piece but now that it is done, I'm quite happy with it. This mule deer is based off a real non-typical that as far as I know is still alive down in Colorado.
How things started out. This will be kind of a "From this, to this" type picture thread.
 -

A little more progress:
 -

The final result. I will be selling limited edition prints of this drawing. They will be approximately 8.5"x11" and cost $30.00, plus $5.00 shipping and handling. If any of you are the type that prefer to only buy originals. I will be offering the original for $375.00, plus $5.00 shipping and handling. Just PM me for more details if you are interested. Hope you guys enjoy the art whether you are interested in buying it or not.
 -

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
cornstalker
PACKS AROUND WAY TOO MUCH SHIT, AND ADMITS IT
Member # 4593

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2015 10:02 AM      Profile for cornstalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Great job, that is awesome!!
Posts: 35 | From: Colorado | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2015 10:17 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Put me down for a print.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2015 10:42 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks DAA, will do. Do you still have my mailing address?
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2015 11:01 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup! Want me to just send a check?

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2015 11:05 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, that would be great!
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted May 05, 2015 06:30 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Just sold the original!!! Life is very good today. [Smile]
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 05, 2015 08:11 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, that's great! WE are all happy for you.

One of our members, by chance? Who prefers to remain monotonous?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted May 06, 2015 04:20 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard come to think of it he might be a member here, but I haven't seen him make a post in a couple years, so I don't know if he still is or not.
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted May 06, 2015 05:14 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how you do it, but once again, I'm impressed.
I could probably draw a stick person, but even then, might not be recognizable? [Eek!]

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 06, 2015 06:03 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So. He's obviously well off, has good taste, and requires the best. That leaves out me and koko. Maybe Dan, (the man?) They say he's loaded?

I'm just kidding. You certainly have a talent. You know, my sister's first husband is quite the Real Estate Mogul. But, since he has made it, (all except for a very bad heart) he paints. Dabbles in watercolors. And, I have been told that this is a very difficult medium, but anyway. He exhibits every year in Laguna beach at the Art Affair which is an event for displaying and selling, mostly paintings, but also other craft type stuff. There is quite an artist colony in Laguna; but he lives in Carlsbad, and right on the beach, I might add.

All the previous rambling, but coming to the point, any minute now. Troy, I could see you ensconced in this Laguna Beach Community, if things had worked a little different. Of course, you would have to forget about Montana and let your hair grow, get a little grubby, smoke weed, etc. That clean cut stuff doesn't get it, down here.

On second thought, you probably wouldn't be happy in "The People's Republik" as a world famous and slightly eccentric painter of wildlife? But, I'm sure you could make a comfortable living of it.... and just imagine all those Beach Babes! <sigh>

Interesting how life has decisions that change everything. My medical school never happened; regrets, I have a few, but then again, too few to mention. I did it my way.

What were we talking about? Oh yeah, congratulations on the sale, and I hope you sell a bunch more prints!

Say "hi" to Fido for me! Can you get him to sit still for a portrait?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted May 06, 2015 08:29 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, that life style has zero appeal to me. As a matter of fact, majoring in art, in college, really challenged tolerance for the whole hippy-freak-artsy-fartsy community. Some of my peers were pretty cool, but by in large most of them were just weird stoners that were trying to make being a college student a career. Eventually they are forced out of school and have to find something to do...probably end up moving to Laguna Beach Community. [Wink]
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 06, 2015 08:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew I couldn't tempt you with Beach Babes!

But, I like the idea of a drawing or painting of the pup romping towards you as in the first photo. He looks so joyful, makes me want to buy a dog!
 -

Good hunting. El Bee

[ May 06, 2015, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted May 06, 2015 09:15 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
I get along with the little bugger pretty good. He's a total pain in the butt puppy in the house, but in the yard, or out in the hills he's a lot of fun. He loves being out there as well. Last Saturday while we were out for his daily hike he found a front leg of a coyote that appeared to have been shot off during the winter. He picked it up and carried it around like he was the king of the mountain for about 10 minutes. He really thought he was tough stuff. I had to take a photo because he was cracking me up with his little snarl and shaking his head with leg in his mouth.
 -

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 06, 2015 11:23 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm? I would hate to embarrass him in front of the folks here but, just wondering....

Does he have his nuts? Just nod your head, yes or no.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted May 06, 2015 11:47 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
He sure is a handsome pup! Looks quite fluffy, too...

From when we spoke, Cal A. breeds his own big game curs & is pretty particular about what he wants from them. Kinda figured he'd be a great source to get a badazz cur dog from.

Do you happen to know how your pup is bred?

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted May 06, 2015 12:30 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Knockemdown,Cal had the breeding listed on PM when he posted the ad, but for whatever reason the numbnuts over there deleted the ad after it had been on there almost a month. I will NEVER understand that site! I asked Cal to email me the breeding chart, but getting anything that involves technology from him takes forever. Cal did say this was the fluffiest and longest haired cur his dogs have ever thrown. He said he had one about 10 years ago that was similar but not quite as long haired. He assured me there is no golden retriever in his breeding line. [Big Grin]

Leonard I'm nodding my head yes. I may end up getting him cut, but I will make that decision later as I see what kind of dog he turns into.

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2015 03:35 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks!
I spoke with Cal on the phone a while back & really enjoyed the conversation. He happened to be familiar with my dog's Kemmer cur Momma, and hunted a few of her littermates as well. Got a pretty good education on what those dogs were like and what traits he breeds his dogs for...
Anyhoo, there's a possibility that your pup & mine share some relation a few branches back on the tree, hence the curiosity. My dog is gonna be 5yrs old next month, and he still gets mistaken as a Vizsla puppy. [Razz]

Have fun you guys!!!

[ May 07, 2015, 03:36 AM: Message edited by: knockemdown ]

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2015 09:17 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
DAA, first off, Thank you! Second, your print will go out in the mail today. [Smile]

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters