The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Watching riots on TV (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Watching riots on TV
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 8 posted April 27, 2015 02:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, some black guy dies under suspicious circumstances and the whole city of Baltimore is looting and burning.

I will never understand how they think. Sorry, but to me it's not civilized. It's still as if they are only a generation removed from the jungle, no grass skirts in sight but the behavior is exactly the same.

A black man is mistreated so they burn vehicles and steal TV sets. The worst part is that clown, Shepard Smith on FOX is acting like they are justified. I had enough of him during Katrina!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2015 03:07 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Rumor is that the crypts and the bloods are going to call a semi truce and team up to kill some cops. Sounds like the beginning to the movie "Warriors". Even got the black Muslims all worked up.

It could get real ugly. Kind of doubt it from what I've read. Could happen. If the black gangs were smarter about it and fought gorilla warfare tactics, they could really inflict some havoc to the LEO community.

I am curious how the black guy got a severed spine and died while under police custody?

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2015 03:45 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Dan. That's a question that deserves an answer, no stonewalling, as has been charged.

But, this is no excuse for civil unrest. Certainly no excuse for rioting. No excuse for looting. No excuse for burning businesses and vehicles.

I don't know what "unresponsive" means, exactly? But, it sounds serious as hell. Several other officers have broken bones.

I don't care if this guy was hanged at high noon in front of City Hall, it's still no excuse for this lawless behavior.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: Hey, 4949. If you are called in, give us a wink so we know it's you!

[ April 27, 2015, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2015 04:22 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But, this is no excuse for civil unrest. Certainly no excuse for rioting. No excuse for looting. No excuse for burning businesses and vehicles.
I don't see a logical point to looting or burning down your neighborhood either. That is just stealing and vandalism, or perhaps terrorism. I also believe there are some good LEO's out there. They may be afraid to be the next Frank Serpico. I dunno? I would only guess some of those people do not trust the police to police themselves.

Playing devils advocate here, when is it OK to revolt?

A couple philosophical questions.
1. Do you believe there ought to be speed limits/laws?
2. Do you always obey these limits/laws?
3. Do you sometimes on purpose speed and break the law?

4. If #1 and 3 are yes, why do you break the laws you believe in? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2015 08:53 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
The mayor and the chief of police are both black. Elijah Cummings, a congressman, says the ones causing the serious problems were bussed in.

Sounds about right.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 03:23 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
No, sorry, it doesn't sound right. It sounds like total bullshit, in fact.

Good friend just move here from Bodymore, Murderland. He lived there for decades. He's smiling right now.

But, to get his take on it, no way they bussed the troublemakers in, unless they have a mighty dang big fleet of busses!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 04:00 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 05:45 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Living here in the northwest I've seen the anarchist riots in Seattle. If you go to sites like indymedia.org you will find that they organize rioters and bus them in for the protests. I've seen notices posted in local cafes telling people where to go for organized transportation to these "events." If you read about the Seattle riots you will remember the damage to businesses done by the "anarchists."

In recent history we were having townhall meetings in our communities here in Oregon. There were a lot of conservatives shut out because the unions organized protesters and bussed then in early to flood the venue so no conservatives could have their say. We went to the townhall in McMinnville and I saw it for myself.

As far as the riots go it only takes a few to ramp up the many.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 06:15 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but I think the point DAA was making is that there was way too many of them crawling out of the woodwork, to be professional agitators bussed in from out of town. They looked like locals, to me? Of course, point well taken, it don't take too many agitators to ramp up the locals. This is just the spark that implants the idea in their heads; "Hey, let's score some toilet paper!"

I have yet to see the Tea Party riot. Maybe whatever happened in Seattle was mixed races, but rioting and looting in America is pretty much owned by the upstanding citizens in the black community.

Then, you have assholes like Shepard Smith telling us they have been mistreated, which is why 25% of them are in jail, and why they need to steal toilet paper and TV sets, then burn the drug store.

As I have said before, when they had the riots in south-central and burned, looted and trashed the whole community; here we are 40 years later and there is no businesses that have rebuilt in the area. All they have is Liquor stores, convenience stores owned by Iranians and Pakistani's who charge exorbitant prices for their Huggies and Colt45's. But, who cares when they pay with ERT(?) or whatever the hell they call the food stamp credit cards?

Want to open a Liquor store in SouthCentral? Sure, if you are a foreigner, the government will loan you whatever you need to get started in price gouging the local population. Our tax dollars at work.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 06:58 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
We can all sit back & make logical point after point in agreement with each other, and nothing will change what's happening.

The only way to curb this type of behavior is for their to be an outcry from WITHIN the 'black community'.

Short of that, things will have to get much worse before law abiding citizens are literally forced to take measures on their own, despite any legal consequences associated to the application of them...

[ April 28, 2015, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: knockemdown ]

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 07:06 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Crap like this makes me glad I live in small town Kansas...John Hawkins on Townhall.com this morning summed up the situation at best.

He said the rioters need to to either be in jail, in the morgue, or on the end of a nightstick.

I think about the time someone chucks a brick at a cop and gets a .40 cal. enema, it hopefully would make the other worthless SOB's think a bit.

If they want to stop being hassled and treated like animals, they need to stop acting like animals. The lawless behavior last night makes a pretty poor argument from the citizens that the cops don't treat them right.

From what I understand, Baltimore has a black mayor and largely is a minority majority PD...

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
cornstalker
PACKS AROUND WAY TOO MUCH SHIT, AND ADMITS IT
Member # 4593

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 07:34 AM      Profile for cornstalker           Edit/Delete Post 
This looks like a job for the San Bernardino Sheriff's office.

Oh, and switch the cameras off this time....

Posts: 35 | From: Colorado | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 08:25 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't quote exactly what that "Mayor" said right after the funeral but it was widely interpreted as "go ahead and loot and burn and we will stand around and make sure nobody hassles you while you score that toilet paper."

Yeah, sure, she backtracked the next day, she really didn't mean it was okay to trash and burn and steal stuff, but considering the nature of the audience, what they HEARD was, "Go ahead and get it out of your system, we got your back."

It's getting to be the riot of the month is coming to a town near you! HAVE FUN ! You deserve it because, (you know, slavery)

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 10:52 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
If o bama had a son..........would he look like that guy with the toilet paper or the guy I saw on the news trying to break a car window with a plastic traffic cone ???

[Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Brent Parker
Member # 4354

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 10:56 AM      Profile for Brent Parker   Email Brent Parker         Edit/Delete Post 
I see both side, but ask yourself this,

Are we going to act any different when they come to take our/your guns? Civil unrest is civil unrest.

If the police would have handled this quicker would they be in this position?

Posts: 172 | From: 2 miles east of Vic | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 01:25 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
"I see both side, but ask yourself this,

Are we going to act any different when they come to take our/your guns? Civil unrest is civil unrest."

Yes. I, for one, won't be looting stores and burning down businesses.

--------------------

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 02:34 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Let me get this straight, black mayor, black chief of police, black city council, predominately black police force, black US rep, etc... However I guess it's still whities fault.

I should have counted the liberal phrase, "it's time for healing" each time I heard it in their speech. I wonder how much it is going to cost us taxpayers for baltimore to heal?

[ April 28, 2015, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------

Brent Parker
Member # 4354

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 02:46 PM      Profile for Brent Parker   Email Brent Parker         Edit/Delete Post 
Moe,

So I suppose when the time come's to give up your gun's your going to go out and meet them and happily turn everything over because its the right thing to do. Good for you....

If you don't comply in anyway it will be no different...

As I said before civil unrest is civil unrest, its just your approach that is different.

For the record I don't agree with what they are doing,

but answer this do you think for one moment if you assaulted an officer it would take them 10 days to figure out what to charge you with.....

[ April 28, 2015, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Brent Parker ]

Posts: 172 | From: 2 miles east of Vic | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 02:53 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
edit: Hey, 4949. If you are called in, give us a wink so we know it's you!
According to the bosses I will be remaining in New Jersey for the time being.

Thanks for asking Leonard.

[ April 28, 2015, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 02:57 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If the police would have handled this quicker would they be in this position?
In today's day and age, the powers that be don't let us do our jobs.

Back in the 60's the riots were squashed by the boots on the ground. Today our hands are tied and they only allow us to stand by and "contain."

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 02:59 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Brent, I can appreciate your line of reasoning.
But, in this case, it's not really a parallel.

This type of behavior is a manifestation of opportunistic predatory criminal behavior. Those seen rioting have NO allegiance to anyone, or anything, but their own selfish motivations.
What happening isn't about protesting.
It isn't about bring about "change".
It's simply about acting out and creating an environment where crime, violence, & hate can hide behind a false pretense.

I wonder what would've happened to the Bundy family in Nevada if they'd started hurling bricks at LEO during their 'standoff'???
Now, there's an analogy I could see have some merit...

Fur_n_Dirt
So. Ariz. Zone Tech. Expert
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 04:50 PM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
God, if I lived there, I would be very nervous if I didn't own a gun!

--------------------
--- It's all simple if you know what you are doing ---

Posts: 437 | From: Tucson | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 06:04 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Off the subject, speaking of EBT cards. I noticed a Papa Murphy's add tonight. I don't know if you guys have 'em or not ? They're a take-n-bake pizza outfit.

Anyway in the LH side of the TV screen, I noticed EBT ?

So, If'n ya gots an EBT card, go gets ya's a nice convenient premade pizza !!

No need to take away from time well spent time watching TV or playing with a high dollar cell phone or any such other productive activities.

[Confused]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 07:15 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
"But, in this case, it's not really a parallel. "

Precisely.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2015 08:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, i sorta see the point brent is trying to make. But the only cimilarity is a disagreement with authority. After that, i see no sense of justification for burning down the city versus defending yourself against confistication of your rights under the second amendment. No, i can't put legit law abiding gun owners in the same catagory with looters and rioters. And one of the huge differences would be in the seriousness of the responses and the scale. Looting cvs is one thing, the government taking our guns would be a lot bigger deal.

Via iphone , computer died. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters