The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » 11 San Berdo Sheriffs deputies involved in a brutal beating

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 11 San Berdo Sheriffs deputies involved in a brutal beating
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2015 02:29 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Man-on-Stolen-Horse-Stunned-by-Sheriffs-Deputies-in-IE-299250951.html#ixzz3WsGQ8O4b

I want to see them explain this incident. Again thank God for cameras.

I am guessing that out of the 11 LEO's there, one or more of them arrested the officers beating the bad guy. Or did they just stand around not seeing anything and conspiring to cover it up for their bruthas.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2015 02:56 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Good point, Dan. Remember Serpico?
Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2015 03:12 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I read the book years ago, saw the movie too.

I read an earlier post about this topic, comparing the cops and the good Muslims. The good guys are going to have to stand up and fight the bad guys (Bad Cops/Muslims) for us to stand behind them.

I still remember the old saying, Pride, integrity, and guts.

--------------------

jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2015 03:25 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
How about "To protect and serve"? I'm not a cop bashing bandwagoner, but guys like this and the douche in NC need to be purged.

Sorry couple days for good cops everywhere. It's gonna take some time to shake this off.

[ April 10, 2015, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: jimanaz ]

Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
cornstalker
PACKS AROUND WAY TOO MUCH SHIT, AND ADMITS IT
Member # 4593

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2015 07:39 PM      Profile for cornstalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I read two sentences in a report on the MSN home page that said Pusok was known by the SO for having a violent nature, and that he had threatened to kill a deputy and had killed the family puppy in front of the family. That was buried in a sea of info about how the cops were unjustified, out of control, racist, people hating street thugs. Seems to be all the rage.

If those allegations are true, that guy needed his ass beat. Guess I will never know for sure, but keep in mind, the camera may not tell the whole story.

Posts: 35 | From: Colorado | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged
cornstalker
Member # 4593

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2015 07:47 PM      Profile for cornstalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Found it. They took it down so it wasn't easy.
quote:
McMahon said deputies had previously been called to a home where Pusok allegedly made threats to kill a deputy and fatally shot a family puppy in front of his family members. "We were very familiar with his aggressive nature," McMahon said.

Thief and thug gets his ass whipped...
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2015 05:15 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Did he get arrested back then for those previous threats and killing a puppy? How long ago was that before this beating.

Don't misunderstand me, I believe this guy is a real POS, and maybe wasting oxygen just by breathing. However the officers really fucked up and were caught on film. No matter how much whitewashing people try, they fucked up and the whole world can see what they do and think they can get away with. They had this guy and were able to nail him on multiple charges, but now I believe he if he lives will get a big pile of money from the lawsuits that will follow. Criminal charges may even get dropped.
Is it OK for officers to become the character, Stalone plays in Judge Dred?

Is it OK when a cop bitch-slaps you because he doesn't like your answer? His partner in crime just giggles seeing this. Then decides to let you go with a warning and a threat?

Where do we draw the line? Do we do away with a trial by jury?

--------------------

Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2015 05:20 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
What's the big deal? The guy was white.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2015 05:22 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I read the article.

quote:
Ken Cooper, a New York-based use of force expert who trains police, said it appears the San Bernardino deputies allowed their emotions and adrenaline to get the best of them.

"When chasing a fleeing suspect, in high stress, you have to control that," he said. "The justification for using force is to gain compliance from the suspect, and the suspect seems to be complying. So what this looks like is those blows are not justified, they're not necessary and they're not professional."

Cooper said the officers should be disciplined, retrained to deal with stress, and the video should be used for training.

Pusok has a slew of vehicle code violations and pleaded no contest to several criminal charges, including multiple instances of resisting arrest, attempted robbery, animal cruelty and fighting or offensive words, according to San Bernardino County Superior Court records.

What kind of discipline? Retrained, not fired, or charged with felony assault/battery, etc.

1. From now on look for cameras or anyone filming you.

2. Never strike anyone out of anger, unless you are absolutely sure you can get away with it and the dept won't get sued.

[ April 11, 2015, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------

cornstalker
Member # 4593

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2015 05:34 AM      Profile for cornstalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Here is all I could dig up quickly. Note, this is info from press articles and I have not verified it's accuracy.

quote:
Court records show Pusok has an extensive criminal history. Since 2006, Pusok has been sentenced to San Bernardino County jails for attempted robbery, fighting and misdemeanor obstructing an officer, court records show. His most serious offense came for a Nov. 25, 2013 incident in which he was convicted of misdemeanor animal cruelty and resisting an executive officer. He was sentenced to 233 days in jail and five years probation.
In that 2013 case, charges including threatening a school employee, willful cruelty to a child, vandalism, making a criminal threat and being a felon in possession of a firearm were dropped as part of a plea agreement, according to court records.
He later failed to comply with the requirements to attend a 12-hour anger management course.

I don't know when (or if) he actually threatened to kill the deputy. Maybe it will come out, maybe it wont.

Either way, this is an untimely pair of black eyes for the law enforcement community.

A guy with a rap sheet is being served a warrant for identity theft, runs from the cops for an hour and 45 minutes, steals a horse and jacks it up too, suddenly has a change of heart and turns compliant when he has no where left to run. Maybe they should have brought him a sub sandwich, a sweet tea and band-aid. [Wink]

The only part of this that bothers me is that there was a camera there. Sorry if that offends, but that's my opinion based on the limited unverifiable information that is available to me.

cornstalker
Member # 4593

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2015 05:37 AM      Profile for cornstalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Dan, we were posting at the same time. Here is another.

http://www.vvdailypress.com/article/20150409/NEWS/150409745

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2015 05:40 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Maybe they should have brought him a sub sandwich, a sweet tea and band-aid.
Ok I get the humor.

How about they arrest the POS, let the court system deal out the punishment, and the criminal goes to jail for a long time.

--------------------

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2015 05:50 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
It really does pain me to "appear" to be on this cheesedicks side. I am hating this prick more and more by the minute. But if we allow the LEO's to do this shit, "sometimes", again, where do we draw the line?

--------------------

cornstalker
Member # 4593

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2015 05:52 AM      Profile for cornstalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like they already tried that a time or two. Didn't work.

I hope I don't rile you as that's not my intent.

Criminals don't fear the system. That's why they repeatedly offend. If things got a little western around here I think that would stop quickly. Now they don't even need a lawyer, just YouTube.

How many rights should a known criminal on probation that is breaking the law and evading police have?

I agree that the cops really blew it this time. Sad to see it. Still sounds like that guy needed his ass whipped though. It sure won't happen in the legal system. He will just soak up more of our tax dollars and come out of it a better trained thug.

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2015 06:09 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Make them fear it!

I have no problem with holding judges and parole boards accountable too. Seems they are a protected class. I believe in truth in sentencing. You get 10 years, you serve 10 years. No good behavior BS, you misbehave, you get punished for that too. Work farms and hard labor included. However then judges and cops really have to more accountable. Punishment are more severe under those circumstances.

[ April 11, 2015, 06:10 AM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------

cornstalker
Member # 4593

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2015 06:10 AM      Profile for cornstalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I say we draw the line when they start beating up innocent people.
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2015 06:11 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Can they beat them up for speeding, just a little? [Smile]

--------------------

cornstalker
Member # 4593

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2015 06:21 AM      Profile for cornstalker           Edit/Delete Post 
If they are doing 60 in a school zone, you bet. Even if it is a soccer mom. [Razz]
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2015 06:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I am familiar with the area involved, Deep Creek is a casual nudist area/haven't been there, I hasten to add!

Anyway, cops delivering a thumping when they think they can get away with it? And, it looks to me that one is using the taser as a weapon, although that sounds odd? He is hitting the "Turd" with it.

No doubt, excessive use of force. The mystery is exactly what provoked that many deputies to go off the reservation? I think it's obvious that there is a lot more to the pursuit than what we see in the video.

Reading the tea leaves, dehydrated, back injuries, horse got hurt, etceteras. So, something happened before we see the guy falling off the horse, probably a lot happened before?

My sister's third husband was a Lieutenant with the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department. I never saw a guy with less respect for the law, as it applied to himself. He mentioned once about a guy he arrested that spit on him, and just as soon as he could get away with it, pushed him down the stairs, and later claimed he just fell, handcuffed. He said sometimes it happens in an elevator, the prisoner falls down. And, he said there was a code, both sides know the code and get their licks in when and where they can, biding their time. And, yes, it includes framing the guy if they can get away with it. But, it's my belief that this behavior involves "bad apples" and there are still lots of honest, ethical police officers. My impulse is still to support L.E. when it come down to a "he said/she said" situation.

I remember a deal many years ago out that way, I think in Barstow? A CHP officer shot somebody and even unscrewed the barrel of his revolver and I think it was never found, but they had the goods on him anyway. Might have been a woman he was involved with, but I think he was convicted of murder? There are all kinds of people in law enforcement with all kinds of reasons for that career choice.

The system ain't perfect but it's all we got? I think several of those officers should be fired.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2015 08:36 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Not making a judgment either way but if you're known to the po-lice and have a history of violence, resisting arrest & being a felon in possession of a firearm, it might be a good idea to NOT FUCK AROUND WITH THE COPS !!!!!!!

Just say'n.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2015 08:57 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah but we have a long way to go to prove this guy fucked with the cops. Identity theft?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters