The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » I don't want to fixate on this bullshit, BUT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I don't want to fixate on this bullshit, BUT
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 13 posted April 08, 2015 07:01 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody, somewhere needs to fixate. This ain't right.

Never mind the standard black man solution to everything is running away. From a traffic stop over an equipment violation? I mean, running from the cops is embedded in their DNA. And, at the same time, there is an impulse triggered when somebody runs away. Pun intended. <sigh>

Comments?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/08/white-sc-officer-charged-with-murder-for-shooting-black-man/

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 08, 2015 07:55 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
They got in front of this one after the video came out. Before Sharpton or Jesse J jumped in. The turd appears to have lied on his report. Appears that he picked up the taser and moved it closer to the dead guy. Altering the scene of the crime, and evidence? After the video came out the turds lawyer dropped him.

I think this is a prime example of why LEO's should be required to wear a body cam. Too many can not be trusted, IMO.

[ April 08, 2015, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 08, 2015 02:51 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
He is cooked.

And moving the taser sealed his fate. He might be looking at the death penalty.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 08, 2015 03:41 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I see a temporary insanity plea. There is no justification for what he did, he must have just snapped?

I mean, police officers are supposedly trained extensively on powers of arrest and use of deadly force.

A rational man would consider this in the context of a friggin traffic stop for, what was it, a defective brake light? Firing eight shots while a man is running away is not logical?

So, yes, this guy has no defense whatsoever. But, damn, what does it say about law enforcement? Blacks don't need something like this to fear encounters with law enforcement, they already trump imaginary discrimination, every chance they get. This deal seems to vindicate the charges that it's open season on black men in America.

It's pathetically unfortunate. This has to be a "one off" situation, and now L.E. will hesitate much longer than necessary and justified and that strongly affects their personal safety. Sometimes they need to make a split second decision and this situation will be nagging at them to hesitate just long enough to get killed.

I don't know where we go from here, but this is such a sensational event that it will affect a lot of career officers to reconsider what is best for themselves. It's going to be a strong negative and remembered for a long time.

Just what we needed after the fake outrage of Ferguson. Hands up, don't shoot!

Good hunting. El Bee

[ April 08, 2015, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 08, 2015 03:50 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree 100% Leonard.
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2015 03:41 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
A different perspective and some additional insight:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/04/12/game-changer-or-paradigm-shift-walter-scott-shooting-enhanced-video-shows-officer-slager-with-taser-darts/

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters