The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » NCAA roundball

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NCAA roundball
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted April 04, 2015 07:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks to be a good game between Wisconsin and Duke?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2015 05:07 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep...should be good! Did you notice that the white boys of Wisconsin put it to the brothers of Kentucky? I certainly loved it!

[ April 06, 2015, 05:07 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2015 05:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
And, did you catch this little gem?

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/04/05/kentucky-reviewing-postgame-comments-made-by-andrew-harrison/?intcmp=latestnews

Remember that double standard, who can say the "n word" and who is roundly criticized for even thinking such a hateful word?

Everyone hates to lose. Kentucky might have counted their chickens a little early, this year? HA

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2015 03:29 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
There's plenty of double standard to go around, Leonard. Early on, in the run up to the KU-Wichita State game, the Intrust Bank Center - a big arena in Wichita - announced that they were going to open their facility for free to anyone that wanted to come in and watch the game on their jumbo screens above their court. I guess word got around that the arena would be selling concessions or something and the NCAA put the kibosh on the right now. I find it both ironic and offensive as hell that they would cock block an opportunity for fans to come together and enjoy THEIR product together(and them not make a big profit off it), but let one hood rat utter an obscenity about a white guy and all you hear is crickets.

Well, I, for one, feel that during that interview, that young "man" was representing many, many entities, including himself, his teammates, his school, their legacy and, yes, the NCAA. IMO, the NCAA needs to bend his ass over and break it off - zero tolerance.

One of these days, there won't be a black man in the big house and the tide will turn to where karma will come a-calling on those who chose to engage in tribalism rather than nationalism. Nope, racism is far from a thing of the past. Gonna be a dark day, no pun intended.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2015 07:26 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Good game although I think Duke got some calls they didn't deserve. I didn't care who won.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2015 06:05 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I am concerned, championship game was between Wisconsin and Kentucky. I think that Kentucky probably would have wiped the floor with Duke had they gotten by Wisconson.

Seems like good sportsmanship is out the door anymore. Real class is winning AND losing with grace. I still think they can't believe that their 'dream' team got beat by a bunch of Upper Mid-Western white guys.

Had that have been a white kid that made the comment Harrison made, Sharpton, Jackson and the race baiters would have been out in force. Guess it is OK for a black kid to say that...real evidence of the double standard, and the media bias towards such things.

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2015 09:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Read this:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2015/04/06/usa-today-probes-too-many-white-guys-wisconsin-basketball-team

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2015 10:23 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
That is really funny...you certainly remember the 70's with 'token blacks'...guess the mantra now is that it is bad if you win with 'too many whites'.

I am applauding Lance Homman's alma-mater, Kansas State University, for signing a 6'9" WHITE kid from St. John, Kansas.

This kid was this year's Mr. Basketball Kansas, and Gatorade's Kansas player of the year. Just to show that talent is color blind...

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2015 05:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
See? I was right!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/04/07/ncaas-head-of-officiating-admits-the-referees-got-a-critical-call-wrong-in-the-duke-wisconsin-game/?tid=trending_strip_ 3

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters