The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Put a fork in me I'm done (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Put a fork in me I'm done
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 04:50 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Sometime this morning shortly after 9:00 A.M. I will have had my final radiation treatment. My understanding is that I will continue to burn for a couple more weeks but then everything heads back the other direction. I should regain most of my sense of taste. and my facial hair may or may not come back. But outside of that everything should get back to norbal. lol
Anyway Recovery all ahead full.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Okanagan
Budding Spin Doctor
Member # 870

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 06:34 AM      Profile for Okanagan           Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, that's GREAT news! Good to hear it. Wishin' you all the best in recovery.
Posts: 269 | From: 49th Parrallel | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 06:37 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
That's fantastic Paul, very glad to hear it!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 06:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'm holding ya to it! Do not disappoint!

As far as the facial hair, I guess it's plus if you save on razor blades? On second thought, if you are still in your Brigham Young phase, that does not apply.

I have a friend in Aspen/Dallas that has had the radical mastectomy(s) and is doing chemo right now, before another surgery. Unsure if she will make our high school reunion in September. She has not talked about the reason for the surgery, and I am a little shy to ask for specifics, since she doesn't have breasts anymore?

Anyway, today is Nancy's birthday. Happy Birthday, Babe! The more I think about it, the more I realize how fortunate she was that she didn't endure all the radiation and chemo and associated discomfort and still die. Start to finish, nine days and she was gone. And, I miss her very much.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31332 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
KaBloomR
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 07:34 AM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
Very happy to hear that you're doing well, Paul. I'm praying for you.

--------------------
"It always gets a helluva lot worse before it gets any better"

Posts: 302 | From: Utah | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 07:48 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
That's good News Paul. May you have a fast recovery and kill another two tons of coyotes.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1922 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 08:37 AM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Great news, Paul! Damn glad to hear it. Keep on keepin' on.
Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 09:00 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome, Paul! Beat its ass!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 09:06 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Great news Paul!, keep on the mend. See you this winter at the camp, will be good to catch up and shoot the shit.
Posts: 1601 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 09:19 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck yeah, dude!!!
Glad to read this post!
All the best, Paul!!!

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 11:44 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
excellent news Paul.
Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 01:31 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
That is great news Paul, Hang in there.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 01:58 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you Paul. I've got a brother and MIL that have gone through chemo and radiation and there's nothing tougher on the body. Hang tuff, things can only get better.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 02:23 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear it!
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 02:56 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Stay strong Paul !!

Happy birthday Nancy !!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7511 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 04:22 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Superb !!
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 06:37 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so, sooo very happy for you and your family Paul!! We are keeping you in our prayers as well. Wooooo Hooooo!!! Way to go man!!!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 08:12 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you Paul!
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2015 04:08 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck and God speed on a full recovery Paul!!!
Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2015 12:44 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for all the well wishes I will not disappoint.
Now on to bigger and better things..

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2015 05:17 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Good news, indeed.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2015 06:28 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
That's good news alright. My late wife went through chemo and when her hair did grow back....guess where it didn't! Soft as a peach lol

--------------------
Idiocracy. Started as a comedy and is now a documentary about the U.S.

Posts: 624 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2015 06:32 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
That's great news. My late wife didn't have radiation treatments but did go through chemotherapy and when her hair did grow back. Guess where it didn't. Soft as a peach,lol.

--------------------
Idiocracy. Started as a comedy and is now a documentary about the U.S.

Posts: 624 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2015 07:24 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Paul, are you still eating with a straw and a blender?

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: PS, I have known a few females that lost pubic hair naturally, as they aged. Seemed kinda bothered and apologetic about it, too?

[ April 01, 2015, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31332 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2015 09:00 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Walt that made my day.
Leonard I'm still eating through a tube that goes directly into my stomach. I make my own formula and I use 60ml syringes to administer. Some times its a good thing as I can move quickly and lunch is out of the way in 2 minutes. and I can put it up in jars and bring a supply as needed when hunting. If all goes as planned this will be the last tube and I will be eating by mouth soon. Dentition will still be a ways off don't have oral surgery plan as yet but they are working on it. With my diet it will be fun to watch it go from the smoker to the blender. lol

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters