The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Morels

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Morels
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2015 08:37 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Out early this year. Found a patch yesterday and picked about a pound of them. I'm leaning towards petrale sole and morels in cream sauce and asparagus for dinner.

When I lived up in north central Washington there were forest fires every summer. The following Spring you could find morels in huge numbers in the burn areas on a sunny day after the rain or on the damp banks of the creeks all summer long. I got spoiled.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2015 09:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I never had the pleasure, but would welcome the opportunity. Sure sounds good. But, will it ever replace the Double/Double?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31416 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2015 01:06 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Coming to Medford but that's a long way to go for a burger. I'll bet some fried morels would go damn good on one.

I just remembered this...when my parents were still alive I was in Stockton visiting them and had to get some cash at a BofA one evening. As I walked across the lawn I found a big patch of shaggy manes so I got a bag and picked a bunch of them. I took them back to their place, dipped them in egg, rolled them in cracker crumbs and fried them up in butter. My mom and dad were eating them because they thought I'd gotten them at the supermarket but when I told them I got the out of the BofA lawn they almost croaked. They'd already eaten a lot of them so it was too late.

Next morning when they found they were still alive they wanted me to go back and get some more.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters