The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Almost there, getting giddy (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Almost there, getting giddy
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2015 04:40 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a few weeks ago, the Kansas Senate approved constitutional carry and sent the measure on to the House where it saw debate this past Friday in the Federal and State Affairs Committee. That same committee approved the measure today and the measure goes on to the full House where it is expected to pass!

I just hope it gets to the governor's desk and he gets it signed before the lynch mobs bearing pitchforks and torches over the school finance issue string him up.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted March 17, 2015 05:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Much better off than I, my friend.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2015 07:01 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have room for a desert rat from Az?

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2015 04:42 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Always room for more good folk in Kansas. I guess WV approved it yesterday so they're ahead of us. Lots of debate as to the good and bad of this. The bad stuff is illogical and the good stuff can't get any traction with the libs in the state. Thank God there is only a few.

Times are changin'.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2015 04:51 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Constitutional carry passed the Kansas House today. Goes back to the Senate to approve a small but dandy change made by the House that would prohibit additional taxing, at any level, of gun purchases in Kansas. Then, to the Governor's desk for his signature!!!!

Was so confident that this would come to pass that I bought this just to be ready...

-

Lovin' Kansas

[ March 25, 2015, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------

Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2015 02:58 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Awaiting Gov's signature. Woohoo!!!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2015 03:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Is that an American firearm?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2015 04:23 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. Walthers

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2015 05:06 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Kansas rocks dude !!

PS: I'm a closet K-State football fan.

The exception being of course when they played the Ducks a few years ago.. [Smile]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2015 02:41 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
PPQ Lance?

If it is, I shot one a while back. Great shooting guns..

Edit: DR...I see that it is actually a PPX.

[ March 28, 2015, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2015 03:21 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
Wyoming instituted the same a couple years ago. But we always are on the cutting edge.

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2015 03:21 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Kansas!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2015 06:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Here I am, camped out in the beautiful, progressive People's Republic, learning that those folks in Flyover Country know what's good for them. I just moved Kansas up to number #36 on my list of the perfect states in which to retire.

(just kidding, Lance. I'm envious)

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2015 08:33 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Saw that recently, Cal, and there haven't been waves of violence and gun fights, have there? LOL

Yeah, Tim. PPX.

I live in a very quiet little neighborhood that may not be the nicest and fanciest homes in Abilene, but you can see them from my back deck. Nice mix of young couples, middle agers like Lisa and me, and retirees. Very common to see people out walking in the evenings, and everyone says hi when they go by if you're out in the yard, and we keep an eye out for one another. Last night, I received some news that just makes you change your stance a bit and this law change is only a plus for that.

Seems that a half block away from me, a new family moved in. PD has very quietly spilled the beans that the guy was convicted of shooting two white people (he's black) and one of them died. He's on parole and allegedly a former gangbanger.

Now, as a matter of practicality, there must be more to the story - assuming it's true - if the guy isn't rotting in prison somewhere, so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt here until I know for a fact that shit ain't right. And, if the guy's past is fact and his being here is a part of him getting his life right, then I'm all for that and see the value of being part of making them feel comfortable and welcome in our little enclave.

Then again, I'm not stupid.

Switched out all the FMJ rounds in both my 9mm's to 115 grain FTX Hornady Critical Defense rounds, 5 mags, 60 rounds total between the two guns, and replaced the two 20-rnd polymags of 55-grain Vmax hunting rounds in the AR with four 30-rnd mags of 55-grn FMJ, along with 25 rounds of 3-inch #4 buckshot for the Winny 12 gauge I cut down to 18.5 inches for a home defense scatter gun, just in case. I have a lot of "fire extinguishers".

Do I expect to need any of this? Hell no, but I'm ready just in case any of his former buddies come to "da 'hood". I'm not worried about him. "They" are another matter altogether. Even the PD admitted to us that they know the situation - if there is a situation - will likely be handled in this neighborhood, between myself, Kevin, and a couple other good neighbors. LOL

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2015 09:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You must assume that most people live in decent, main line communities. I have to assume "some" of my neighbors are fucking Liberals, but not many. This area, the "West End" of San Bernardino County is decidedly conservative and elects a lot of Republicans. So, that is different from Los Angeles and San Francisco. They have a nice mix of minorities and Liberals, ex-cons, etc.

In fact, the whole inland area of California is conservative, believe it or not? But, we are still outnumbered.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2015 12:01 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
El Bee;
It's that I-5 corridor. There's something in the concrete that they used to build that road that causes mental illness, a symptom of which is Liberalism.
Look at Calif.
Right thinking people inland, away from the freeway. Liberals in San Diego, Los Angles & The Gay Bay run the state.
Oregon.
Serious Rednecks inland. Portland & Salem .......liberals due to something even the rain can't wash out of that concrete.
Washington.
Same as Ore. Eastern Wash, which is actually Western Idaho has cowboys & loggers. Along the I-5 Corridor, liberal Seattle & Oly run the state.
I'm telling ya..........an investigation is needed.
Prove me wrong !!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Fur_n_Dirt
So. Ariz. Zone Tech. Expert
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2015 12:48 PM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish my glock has a rail.. I want to put a laser/ light like your pistol.. It's a gen 2

--------------------
--- It's all simple if you know what you are doing ---

Posts: 437 | From: Tucson | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2015 03:01 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell is it with that I-5 corridor as Koko mentioned ?

Get in central/eastern Oregon-Washington. Flat bed pickups, cowboy hats, John Deere caps, about as redneck as you can get.

As far as the Northwest goes. Idaho should extend to the Cascade mountains..

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2015 02:18 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
One must be employed to pour and finish concrete steel etc. I think that's where this corridor comes from.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2015 12:25 PM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Governor signs the bill tomorrow afternoon, and it becomes effective July 1!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2015 01:37 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
So, will this be open carry or concealed only ??

We have either here in Arizona. Seemed a little weird seeing someone standing in line at the bank with a .45 on their hip, at first. Now...... it's no big deal. There's one diner in town that has `No open Carry` Posted. Concealed is still fine there.
As far as I know, there have been zero problems anywhere with those people who carry.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2015 03:02 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
This "new law" is actually an amendment to an existing law in Kansas that provided initially for concealed carry by anyone who was 21 or older, had no felony or domestic violence convictions, and is a resident of the state of Kansas. Initially, this law meant you were eligible to take the CCW course and submit your information and money to the Attorney General for approval to carry concealed. As of July 1, this amendment will make it legal for anyone who meets the aforementioned criteria to carry - open or concealed - without any permit.

Now, here is the fly in the ointment that was brought to my attention this week. There is a federal law called the Gun Free School Zone Act (GFSZA) that says it is illegal for anyone who does not have a CCW permit issued by the state to have an uncased, loaded firearm within 1,000 feet of any school - private or public - in (your state here). I live one block from a K-1 primary school. The fact that I pull out of my driveway with a loaded gun in my truck effectively means I may be breaking a federal law.

There is a similar law in Kansas that makes it illegal to possess illegal drugs within 1,000 feet of any school, and that number is used because it is quite difficult, in any community, to find a single place to stand where you are outside that 1,000 foot distance. Therefore, under the GFSZA, if you're in town, you're within 1k feet of a school, and thus, if you do not have a CCW, you're a felon.

I have contacted the Kansas State Rifle Association and asked for them to clarify this information. They advised me that they would be issuing an email to everyone on their email list as soon as the bill was signed into law addressing this and several other concerns.

The following currently appears on their website in the FAQ's section:

How does this affect carrying concealed in a school zone?
ANSWER: The provision in federal law that allows concealed carry in school zones is based upon having a concealed carry permit from their state of residence and that state having no
prohibition on licensee’s carrying. The KS Attorney General ruled on this issue regarding Open Carry, which requires no license, and advised that you cannot Open Carry a loaded firearm in a school zone. The same will apply to Constitutional (Permitless) Carry. In Federal law, Title 18 USC Section 922(q) is the code that contains Authored by
Patricia Stoneking
the Gun Free School Zone Act of 1995, which prohibits the possession of a firearm in a
“school zone”. A school zone is defined as the grounds of a public, parochial or private
elementary or secondary school and encompasses 1,000 feet of the grounds
surrounding the school. The ban on firearm possession does not apply to private
property that may be within that 1,000 feet but not part of the school property.

If this is true, then carrying on private property not belonging to the school is not a problem. what this does not address is carrying on your person, concealed, while traversing public roads adjacent to school grounds.

Have you heard anything on this, Tim?

[ April 01, 2015, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------

cornstalker
PACKS AROUND WAY TOO MUCH SHIT, AND ADMITS IT
Member # 4593

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2015 04:15 PM      Profile for cornstalker           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The ban on firearm possession does not apply to private
property that may be within that 1,000 feet but not part of the school property.

In Colorado, your vehicle is private property and is an extension of your home. (for now) Is there a clause in KS for possession in a vehicle that you can skate by on?
Posts: 35 | From: Colorado | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2015 05:12 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to recall that the 1000 yard deal is subject to review? Something like, how the hell is everyone to know exactly where every Little House On The Prairie School House is? Perhaps it should be a warning posted?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2015 06:21 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
There is some info out there about efforts to repeal the GFSZA.

Interesting point, cornstalker. Something to consider. At the same time, there's always the question of just when and under what circumstances would this clause be enforced? As long as you handle yourself responsibly, I don't see it being an issue with our local LEO's until and unless you make it one by being stupid.

Just thinking about this illustrates the huge cultural differences between where I live and so many other places in America today. Most of my buddies have a gun in their possession nearly every time I see them. They're either carrying an AR, another long gun, a handgun on their hip, or a half-dozen different guns and knives in their pickup. Guns are something we pay no more attention to than a wristwatch on their wrist, or whether they're wearing a ball cap today. I just don't even notice it. yet, our "normal" would freak the living shit out of a lot of people.

People can make fun of us here in flyover country, but I prefer bass ackwards over enlightened.

[ April 01, 2015, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters