The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Good Morning From Montana

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Good Morning From Montana
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2015 07:15 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
I just couldn't resist taking a photograph of the sunrise. Since a lot of us coyote hunters witness many sunrises I thought perhaps some of you would enjoy this. Anyway good morning from my little part of paradise in Montana.
 -

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2015 07:59 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Veeeerrrry Nice!!!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2015 09:17 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that we could match you sunrise for sunset down here in Arizona, but that one definitely raises the bar.
A pity that more people don't take the time to sit back and savor such an awesome sight. Too busy rushing from here to there and there to here, I guess.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7479 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2015 10:25 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Koko, you are absolutely right. I was actually very busy and in a hurry to make it to a meeting on time. However as I was watching the sun rise, I thought to myself; "Nope I'm going to take a minute, stop the car, and take a photograph. It's just too beautiful to let slip away." I have no regrets and I still made it to my meeting on time.
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2015 12:53 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a magnificent pic, man! Maybe it's because I'm starting to feel my age and not able to run from place to place, but the past year has produced some beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Seem to be more mornings and evening with clouds near the horizon to capture and reflect those colors. We were on one of our early stands this past autumn and when I got to a coyote I'd shot, I took a moment to look around and noticed the sun's rays bursting through the remnants of an early morning line that passed through. Always worth saving with a pic. Not as colorful as yours, but eye catching at the time.

-

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2015 01:03 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a great world, for sure.

I have said it before and until proven wrong, northern New Mexico gets my vote for sunsets.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31262 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2015 02:28 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Oregon has its share, too.

That's a great picture. Red sky in morning, sailor take warning.

When I was younger I guess I didn't take the time to appreciate sunrises or sunsets but as I age I'm sometimes just awed by them.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2015 03:33 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
One thing that always went way over my head was "Northern Lights". Until I actually saw what they were talking about.

Friggin' Awesome!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2015 04:08 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have said it before and until proven wrong, northern New Mexico gets my vote for sunsets.

Oh, really?

-

Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2015 06:13 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
When I lived in Juneau I saw the Northern Lights a bunch. Best viewing was on clear nights when the temps dropped to 35 below. No color to them. Just a luminescent glow in snake like patterns against the sky.

Best I ever saw them, tho, was on a caribou hunt out of King Salmon. We were camped out on the tundra and I got up during the night to take a leak. The temp dropped to 20 and the sky was clear. The lights emanated from the horizon in a semicircular pattern in different color bands like you see in cartoons.

We had a float plane parked in the lake and were getting a bit concerned that we might get frozen in but when morning came it was back in the low 40's.

Fond memories.

--------------------

DarbinCo
Member # 4590

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2015 06:25 PM      Profile for DarbinCo   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures.. I love taking a moment or two and watching the rising or setting sun. Some of the most amazing colors can light the sky at those times of day.

Here's a couple pics of the Arizona sunrise. The cactus looked so cool against the sky. I had to stop and take a few pics.

-

-

Posts: 16 | From: Western Colorado | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2015 06:47 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Those are some pretty places. Been a strange late winter so far. Over 80 degrees here today, with normal temps at 53 forecast for tomorrow. That's dangerous stuff when you live this side of the Rockies. Get a nice warm spell and a decent southerly wind bringing moisture up from the Gulf, then have a cold front of more "seasonal" weather come rolling in from the north and booger and I are digging holes in the ground. Just passed the 25th Anniversary of the Hesston tornado a couple days ago, dang near wiped out an entire city. April 14 will be the anniversary of the one that went past my little piece of heaven. Last three years have been very low on count for twisters, so one of these springs, we're gonna get our asses kicked. To make matters worse, KS and OK are having more earthquakes that California these days. If it weren't flat, we'd be running from mud slides.

That tornado in April was one of the most videoed I've ever seen. This video is one I just found that was well done. Initially, it opens with the tornado W of my hometown of Solomon, eight miles east of me now. It's rain wrapped and crossing I-70 right over the home of a lifelong friend. her son works for Wildlife Services in NE. Moved her house 18 inches on its foundation but left it intact. Guys I served in FD with were right alongside it blocking that line of cars and trucks. It goes from a wedge to a stovepipe and, at that time, is hitting a farm owned by more longtime family friends. They lost several outbuildings and their roof. After traveling over several miles of farm and rangeland where it obliterated a shelterbelt and missed another friend's house by a hundred yards or less with no damage whatsoever, you see the guys going up the highway, tornado on the left as a wedge, and they come to an intersection where they decide to turn east. Just south of them on the right, less than a half-mile - a very nice lady hid in her home down in the trees and watched her machine shed just disappear through her front window. At this same time, another buddy is in his corral delivering a foal as that news helicopter flew past his house. He named the paint foal "Storm". North takes you a mile then you're screwed because of mud. East is two miles to another blacktop going to Manchester - right in the heart of my stomping grounds. Actually, they stopped and were blocked from proceeding at Manchester on to Longford where the tornado passed just overhead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o9EuitUCb0

Was just thinking about our close calls recently. The night the Chapman tornado hit, I was on the phone with Q when I heard the roar of the funnel pass just south of my house. Ten minutes later, he could hear the sirens going past my house as they sent "everything to Chapman". One dead, half the town destroyed or damaged.

Still funner than earthquakes or pretty sunrises. (an acquired taste, I guess.) LOL

[ March 16, 2015, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2015 08:25 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay.....some Oregon stuff

[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd162/pk1_04/259226_47740824893778 7_53333206_o_zpss1115voc.jpg[/IMG]

-

[ March 16, 2015, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Moe ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2015 09:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I don't have the documents to post, you just have to take my word for it. And, opinion is in effect.

And, another thang. The sky is so purty in northern New Mexico, you don't need to prove it. There will be another one tomorrow, and the day after that.

Strictly by numbers, NM whelms, if not Over whelms.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2015 04:59 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Though I often appreciate and enjoy them, I rarely take pictures of sunrise or sunsets. Just too consistently disappointed in the results, over the years. So I quit bothering to try and mostly just enjoy them without a camera anymore.

This is one I've always liked though. Probably everyone has seen it enough already, but, what the heck...

-

And while far from the classic fiery sky sunrise, this winter sunrise in the Newfoundlands is one I've always liked too. Made a 20x30 canvas print of this one hanging on the wall, I like it so much.

-

The Great Salt Lake isn't good for much, but it does regularly produce some stunning sunsets. I get to see them from my house, pretty routine, rarely even try to take a photo of them though.

-

This one isn't anything unusual or special either, but sure feels familiar. Sunset on a hot summer day, out there.

-

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2015 05:02 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Troy's is still in the lead, with Jimzy pulling a close 2nd at this point. [Wink]

WHoa, wait just a minute. This just in, Troy has been knocked off by the new comer.

Mostly just because there is game in the pics. [Big Grin]

[ March 17, 2015, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: TRnCO ]

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2015 06:57 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
TR, I agree, but I can't compete with a guy like DAA, he's got his act together with his shutterbug abilities.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2015 07:20 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed, he's friggin' awesome!

But, purdy sunsets/sunrises are so individual, (like fingerprints) that we could go on and on without declaring a definitive "winner".

But, we can try.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2015 08:52 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave takes the prize, if there is one, no doubt. I wish I had his skills.

I used to think I was a photographer but I now realize I've just been taking pictures.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters