The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Good Therapy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Good Therapy
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2015 06:43 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Temps have warmed up. The snow is gone and I was able to get back out on the water. Best of all, the fish were biting really well after work yesterday. All is right in my world today. [Smile]
 -

-

...and one more
 -

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Fur_n_Dirt
So. Ariz. Zone Tech. Expert
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2015 11:36 AM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
very nice.. fishing season is here!

--------------------
--- It's all simple if you know what you are doing ---

Posts: 437 | From: Tucson | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2015 05:06 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn that looks good. Fishing here usually involves mud.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2015 08:48 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Fishing.............
I used to have time to do that..........
Wha happened ???????
[Confused]
Been trying to get away to wet a line for too long.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2015 01:55 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I am spoiled , fishing in Arizona is little in scope and stature after having be brought up fishing the Eastern Sierras of California. Rush creek the San Joaquin the numerous and nameless creeks and hundreds of Alpine lakes and ponds. The hot springs to numerous to mention tucked away around every bend for those that know where to look. I have gone the mountain creeks and impounds here in Arizona nice but not by way of comparison. Troy you have a treasure there it is nice to see that you truly appreciate what you have and use the resource. The pics. you show could be from some of my old haunts in the Eastern Sierra. Thank you for sharing I have only one place that I really would care to go in California and may not ever make that that trip.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2015 04:15 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes indeed, always enjoy your pics of those beautiful trout!!!
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2015 06:10 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys.

Paul you seem to know exactly where I'm coming from. I grew up in Arizona and Utah. I absolutely do not take for granted what I have here in Montana. Every time I have a day like I did the other evening catching these fish I consider it a gift, and I truly appreciate it. I lived in Utah long enough to see if go from very similar to what I have here to pretty much crap. So I realize this could all end in my lifetime, but there is a big part of me that really hopes it doesn't.

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2015 06:41 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice post, Paul. I've been lucky enough to have pursued my love of fishing in some pretty spectacular places but no matter where I've gone the Eastern Sierras are always in my thoughts.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Fur_n_Dirt
So. Ariz. Zone Tech. Expert
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2015 07:33 AM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
I found out just last year that AZ has trophy sized Flatheads. I tried it and LOVE it. I believe the record was ~74 lbs a few years ago..

My personal best was 37 lbs, and I want to be in the 40's or 50's this year.

Bartlett in carefree is one of the best.

--------------------
--- It's all simple if you know what you are doing ---

Posts: 437 | From: Tucson | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2015 09:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I can second the Eastern Sierra. Damn, it's almost cosmic or mystic or something? Especially opening day. I like Convict Lake, Crowley, Pleasant Valley Res. the Owens, of course, Lake Sabrina and the rest up there, including Intake Two.

A lot of those two bit streams have nice fish although I usually have to go with "bait", a salmon egg. I'm usually an artificial fisherman, but sometimes the guy drowning a nightcrawler is the one that lands that 7-8 pounder, and up at Bridgeport, usually.

I need to find out if my girlfriend likes to fish? I need a trip up there, this year. Since my kids have moved I don't have anybody to go with.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters