The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » BREAKING NEWS: Kansas says "Phuck libs!"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Kansas says "Phuck libs!"
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2015 11:48 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Just got home from my second round of neck shots and this time, those bitches hurt. But, and this makes me both feel better and VERY PROUD of my home state (make fun of us if you want, LB, LOL), but the Kansas Senate, just a while ago, voted to approve CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY IN KANSAS!!!!!!!!!
FREEDOM!!!!

FREEDOM!!!!!

Earlier this week, I ordered and received a new Walthers PPX MK1 in 9mm and set it up with an NcStar Low Profile laser sight. Not an expensive handgun by any mean, but I got the entire thing at cost for just under $500 in anticipation of this law passing.

In light of all the actions being taken by OShithole to take away ammo, the internet and our freedom, I am scary excited about this!!!

Now, dr said bedrest for next 24 hours. Sounds like a plan.

[ February 26, 2015, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2015 01:21 PM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw that too, Lance...that is really exciting!

LB...if you want a new place to live, I would suggest Salina, Kansas...you would be about 25 minutes from Lance and about an hour from my house.

Gun friendly state with lots of coyotes...Lance kills waaay more than I do, but I am sure we could keep you busy! [Wink]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2015 04:46 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure this is the same thing you guys are talking about ? There's rumors Idaho is trying to do away with concealed carry permits.

So, in other words it would be completely legal to carry in any manner in which one chooses.

Oh' yeah good for you Kansas dudes !!

[ February 26, 2015, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2015 07:28 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Spot on, Dave. If this passes, anyone who can legally possess a firearm and who is 21 or older will be able to carry a weapon, concealed or otherwise, without a special permit. CCW will still be necessary for anyone wishing to carry concealed in any other state that reciprocates with Kansas. Interesting debates going on everywhere on this. The news says LEO's oppose it, yet all the LEO's I have asked say it's great. One is very down to earth on this and admits that the change will allow non-LEO's to assist other unarmed people, and help LEO's in an emergency. Of course, opponents claim that there will be gunfights in the streets and claim that the present 8-hour CCW classes are what is needed to protect Kansans from "untrained" gun handling. LOL Give me a SHTF situation where your side arm is the line between life and death and I'll take the guy with a lifetime of experience plinking with his .22or better yet, calling and killing coyotes who doesn't have a CCW over the 20-something chick who is scared of being attacked and whose "training" is 8 hours of "when not to shoot" and 20 rounds at 15 feet on the range with a gun that just arrived at the FFL last week.

Of course, there's the often times and threadbare assertion that the bad guys will be packing hidden guns because of this new law (if it passes). Uhhhhhh, they were before. They don't get it, and yes, we have those dumbasses here, too.

Most of my friends have CCL's and are often packing but their clothes keep their gun covered. None of them have killed anyone yet.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2015 08:28 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Go Kansas, go !!!!!
CDude;
If you haven't decided on a holster yet, may I suggest that you take a look at the Sneaky Pete line. I've been carrying my Ruger LC.380 in one for a while now & love it.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2015 08:57 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
In The Land Of The Fruits And Nuts, we are neutered. The only option is to break the law. [Wink]

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2015 09:43 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
It is possible everybody I know in California carries with out benefit of the law. The reason is always the same : I'd rather be caught by the police with it than by these fools out here without it. When I lived there it was no different.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2015 06:28 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sad, stupid, or a shame? Which is it?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2015 08:00 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Koko. I will look at those. Having some trouble finding one that will accommodate the laser site.

Just looked at them, Koko. damn, those is ugly. How are they to wear? Look to me that they would draw an awful lot of attention with something that size attached to your hip.

[ February 27, 2015, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2015 08:55 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Mine draws no attention at all.
Looks like some kind of smart phone case.
Rides on the hip just fine.
Cover flap is held shut with magnets. Draw is easy.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2015 09:09 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. Is an interesting concept. I ended up ordering a Fobus holster specifically designed to accommodate these sights. Will have to see. Thanks for the heads up. if the Fobus doesn't turn out to work, I'll give them a re-look.

Shooting any type of weapon and assembling the proper gear to go with it has always been a challenge for me since I'm left eye dominant. Shoot hand guns, bows and billiards right-handed. From way back when I carried a S&W Model 66 .357 wheel gun as a duty weapon, I had to practice drawing and raising the gun with my right hand and crossing it over and across my body to use my left eye for sighting. What a PITA. Took me forever to understand why I couldn't hit shit with a bow for the same reason, using my right eye. (Before I was really into guns). Same with pool. the shot looks lined up but,......

So, my logic is this (for those wondering why I might need or want a laser sight): Under a SHTF situation, there is a wee bit of stress. Anything and everything you can do to offset the nature of that situation will be of benefit. Drawing RH and crossing over the sight my target using the opposite eye is both time consuming and dangerous. So, the laser effectively creates a point-and-shoot opportunity. Having said that, my practice in daylight will be with the iron sights. I will practice in low light with the laser, and in full light with the laser, but practice will involve all sighting systems in the event the laser fails. Why the 9mm. I already have a 9mm and my preparations dictate that I employ weapons of common calibers and gauges so ammo is interchangeable and shareable. If this gun works out as well as I think it will, I will probably sell of a couple other long guns I don't use and get at least one more so as to standardize weapons across the board to share both ammo and parts. Why two when one will probably do? If it's important enough to have one, another sure won't hurt. That's why God made ankle holsters. LOL I do have another little 9mm which is a bottom end weapon - HiPoint - that I bought new for <$150. You can laugh at it, but the only times that gun has jammed or stove piped on me, it's been because of the magazines and not the actual gun. Once I mic'd the mags and got them all set up, that gun has been like the Mini 14 of hand guns. Cheap, sloppy, but fail safe, and you can by them by the bushel for cheap.

[ February 27, 2015, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters