The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Really bad idea.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Really bad idea.
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2015 02:41 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I ride a mountain bicycle for exercise, enjoyment and occasionally hunting from it on gated two tracks.
Unfortunately, I live in an area where it seems like a LOT of people let their dogs run loose. Dogs LOVE to chase bicycles. Having been bitten once, it will NOT happen again.
So..................when our local Wally World put spray Bear Repellant on discount mark-down ($11.00) it seemed like a good thing to try on stray dogs.
Naturally, I wanted to try the spray / safety mechanism. Stepped out of the workshop, checked the wind and gave it a quick blast downwind.
Really bad idea. Some kind of wind eddy from the building brought a bit of the spray back to me.
Unbelievable !!!!
I cannot even imagine taking a full shot of that stuff.
Somebody's dog is gonna have a bad day.

Edit 4 spel.

[ February 25, 2015, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2015 02:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Did the dog that bit you survive?

I thought folks out your way dealt with loose dogs in a more deliberate fashion?

I'd be torn between lethal and severe limp.

I hasten to add; I absolutely love dogs. They are man's best friend. Nothing comes close.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2015 02:54 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
I was in the telephone industry for 44 years. My first job was cable splicer and it required me to go into back yards where people let their dogs loose during the day. We weren't allowed to harm the dogs but we were issued a spray to hit them with and IMO it worked pretty good.

http://www.gemplers.com/product/620611/Halt-Dog-Repellent?gclid=CMaku5iY_sMCFQeDfgod2yQAww&cid=25GLPST&ef_id=VOs3HQAAAMF5Uf@N:20150225225404:s

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2015 05:43 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
You learn early on as a letter carrier to always be subconsciously aware of wind direction. The first thing our spray does is issue a burst to form a cloud of spray, then go to a straight stream.

Dogs are man's best friend. My dogs are my buddies. Other peoples' dogs are not my friend, best or otherwise. People always tell me, "Don't worry. He won't bite." My reply is, "Maybe he won't, but I will."

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rick Howard
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4481

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2015 01:44 PM      Profile for Rick Howard   Email Rick Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have often wondered about those sprays. Who recovers from the spray first. The person or the bear?
Posts: 12 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters