The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » ISIS Beheads 21 Christians on Mediteranean Coast

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ISIS Beheads 21 Christians on Mediteranean Coast
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2015 02:10 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Sickening

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/15/middleeast/isis-video-beheadings-christians/index.html

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2015 05:31 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2015 05:55 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Suggested reading..... Several years back, a book entitled One Second After was written by Wm Forstchen in which he outlined what many thought would be the result of an EMP attack on CONUS. He wrote that book on the recommendation and at the urging of Newt Gingrich and others in the military who felt that an EMP was the most likely scenario to occur, yet the least prepared for.

This past summer, he wrote a short 144-page novella at the urging of students in his university classes who had firsthand experience with ISIS, outlining how they think ISIS will launch an attack on the United States. Many would say that the U.S. is too large for ISIS to have an impact. Recent news stories have even gone so far as to say that ISIS poses no "existential threat" to the United States. Others feel that the only way ISIS could really impact the U.S. would be to use some sort of nuclear weapon on us, and there is no evidence that they have such a capability.

Well, that isn't how ISIS rolls. Forstchen believes that the methodology that ISIS seeks to deploy on CONUS has already been seen and that what we are seeing with these beheadings is a foretelling and a means of preparing their soldiers for the plan they have for us.

The novella is entitled "Day of Wrath". It's 3.99 on Amazon. Be sure to read his Forward so you understand how much he did not want to write this book, but felt that it needed to be done. The book will keep you awake, it will piss you off, and it will scare the bat shit out of you when you realize that the things that make us who we are also make us vulnerable and that ISIS, like any guerilla insurgency, is masterful in using an enemy's strengths as their weaknesses.

I give the book 5 stars.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2015 12:44 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Fred that is a good one. [Big Grin]

Lance, thanks for the heads up on the book. I just got done reading American Sniper, and am now in the process of reading Lone Survivor. I will check out the novella when I am done.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2015 06:19 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 300 pages into American Sniper.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2015 01:10 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
It's hard to put down.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2015 03:12 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It is. I finished it this morning. Looking for American Gun.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2015 09:42 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Good read on ISIS:

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2015/02/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

Same as above, just as a linky.

Pretty simple, at the end of the day. Need to kill them all. We (the US) don't have the intestinal fortitude. The Russians do, but I'm not sure they actually have the wherewithal.

Short of killing them, all of them, they'll be with us for awhile. Some hope for implosion, of course. That's probably the best hope, in my opinion. Going to take a long time though.

True Believers. As such, not responsive to the usual approaches.

It will be interesting to watch the rest of the Muslim world in all this. They are all marked for death too, even ahead of us.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2015 10:04 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, I just logged on to post that very link!!!
Those goatfuckers are hellbent on bringing about the end of the world.
IMHO, time to start raining MOABs...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2015 01:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Lengthly article.

Maybe I'm not a visionary, and maybe I am. But, there are some that will affirm that I have been saying for many years, long before 9-11, that the next true world war will be of a religious nature and it will comprise of Islam versus the entire civilized world. Well.... that does neatly exclude Islam, doesn't it?

The whole crazy idea of meeting in battle in some obscure town in Syria, is delusional. Wild eyed radicals in pajamas cannot defeat modern technology/weapons. The problem is LIMP DICKS, like Obama and other Liberals, that really can't commit to total war. Unfortunately, that is what it will take to subdue these zealots.

At some point, we need a Reagan type to lead us and do what needs to be done. Maybe not kill every last one of them, just drive them into their holes. Why the world has waited this long is a mystery? They are asking for it, and richly deserve it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2015 03:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I just ran across an article about Dickweed telling us exactly the opposite; don't blame Islam, ISIS is not Islam!

Well, I guess he's the expert. After all, he was raised from childhood as a practicing Muslim. You don't forget that shit. Ever notice how he pronounces: "The Holy Quran"? He says it like English is a second language.

Just to illustrate. I was raised Roman Catholic, went to Parochial school until Jr. High School. I do not attend church regularly and have not since I married a Protestant. Can I still recite the Mass in Latin? You bet. You don't forget that shit.

In other words, I am sure that this asshole is a fucking Muslim sympathizer!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-dont-blame-terrorism-on-islam/article/2560391

[ February 18, 2015, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2015 07:35 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
At some point, we need a Reagan type to lead us and do what needs to be done. Maybe not kill every last one of them, just drive them into their holes.
Love Ronald Reagan. Idolize him. But I don't think he had the chops for the kind of total warfare necessary here. We need men like MacArthur and Lemay.

Fred alluded to it earlier. Rain MOABs and J-DAMs and depopulate and level entire population centers. Think Dresden - not a "military" target in the classic sense, but burning it to the fucking ground sure made an impression. Likewise Lemay's pre a-bomb firebombing of Japan. He'd have brought them to the table even without the a-bomb. Indeed, the death toll was from his firebomb raids was staggering - the first such on Tokyo resulting in six figure deaths.

As long as I'm filling out my wish list, start with Dabik. It has no particular military significance but it has extreme ideological significance to the Caliph. Maybe stop short of irradiating it, but for damn sure kill every living thing on the entire plain and don't leave two rocks stacked or to sticks of wood nailed together. Rain absolute death and destruction upon it.

Then airlift in 20,000 pigs and turn them loose to eat the corpses.

Such is what it would take to make a quick end to ISIS.

There simply isn't the stomach for it in America. Not going to happen.

Putin has the chops for it. It's not exactly his problem, yet, though. Which is probably a good thing. We don't want him having that kind of influence in that region. It would be disastrous for us.

I predict a lot of ferocious rhetoric from the republicans, but nothing "smart" or effective happening even after one of them is President. Probably will take some sort of publically popular action, that sounds good, but ends up being a stupid mistake. The usual... The whole thing is just going to simmer and plod along for years and years.

Interesting times! Throw in a Presidential election cycle and this gets just all kinds of interesting! Hillary shouldn't win against any competent Republican candidate. But this ISIS stuff should tilt things even more against her.

The republicans can screw up anything though.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2015 07:48 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,
Add Georgie Patton to the list, too...when the idiot that is Marie Harf stated we can't kill our way out of this thing it just shows how stupid the far left actually is.

Maybe if FDR had offered jobs programs to Japan and Hitler's Nazi's that would have stopped them?

The way to win wars is to bring so much shit down on the enemy and kill so many of them, that the ones left get the hint they should give up. Keep doing it again and again until they are brought to their knees.

I can't see anyone on the horizon in this country who has that kind of resolve...Putin does in his own right, but he isn't going to lift a finger as long as they are targeting the west and Christianity.

[ February 20, 2015, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2015 08:21 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
The republicans can screw up anything though.

- DAA

And usually do!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2015 08:45 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally understand Dave. And, we are on the same wavelength. I really do think it is going to take something drastic, to settle this issue.

Our problem is; Liberals! They will attach themselves to LeMay's leg, screaming! It's so uncivilized! These terrorists need opportunity, respect, jobs, etc.

As I said, this is one weakness of democracy. The opposition always gets to offer their plan and throw roadblocks against any truly useful solutions. If we could just lock them up for six months to a year while we turn Iraq and Iran into a glass parking lot, this Radical Islam stuff could be solved, permanently.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JP
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2015 09:16 AM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
Chesty Puller would also be a good add to the list. Today's Generals and Admirals are not made of the same "stuff" and those that are don't last long. I once had a Brigadier General tell me that that worse thing that happened to him was being promoted to General. He said he had to stop being a soldier and start being a politician. He retired shortly after that.
Posts: 150 | From: So AZ | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters