The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » a little tutorial on American Sniper rifles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a little tutorial on American Sniper rifles
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted January 23, 2015 03:25 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.nationalreview.com

Just scroll down, I can't get a direct link y [Wink] right Fred?

[ January 23, 2015, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2015 05:20 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Better?

Direct Linky

Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2015 06:32 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, thanks. I screwed with it a few times and threw up my hands in disgust. I seem to have very little patience with this friggin' Internet, these days.

But, I did a lot of looking, during the movie and they did not spend much time focusing on the gear. As suspected, he likes 300WM and the 339Lapua.

Oh, and I just got back from Costco about twenty minutes ago. Bought the book, in paperback. And Tom Clancy's new one.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2015 03:27 AM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
If I'm not mistaken, Kelly McMillan says that the big bolt rifles in the movie were actually the rifles Kyle used to do business with.
Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
RagnCajn
ADDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2015 09:57 AM      Profile for RagnCajn   Email RagnCajn         Edit/Delete Post 
Good move on buying the book Leonard. In the book, Kyle goes into depth on the equipment he used. even down to the boots he liked. My wife said she was bored with his descriptions but as someone that knew the terminology he spoke of, it was interesting to me.
Posts: 362 | From: Shreveport LA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Duckdog
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2015 06:26 PM      Profile for Duckdog           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen the movie yet...been a little predisposed, but I plan on seeing it real soon.
Anyhow,...from what I've heard from others, they didn't do the "beach ball" scene!
That was my favorite story from the book!
I'm a little let down by that...

Posts: 205 | From: Ks | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters