The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Cal Taylor.. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Cal Taylor..
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2015 11:18 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, seems like I recollect that he uses, (or DID use) the same bullet I use in the Middlested? A 62 Berger. I still have some, bought at close out prices. Fifteen bucks!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2015 12:32 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw it.
That was neat. [Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted February 12, 2015 02:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
He definitely is one of the best and we are lucky to have him.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2015 03:36 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck yeah, that was really good!!!
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Mert Bargenquast
Knows what it's all about
Member # 772

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2015 03:37 PM      Profile for Mert Bargenquast           Edit/Delete Post 
I get emails from Foxpro and that how I found out. I watch there episodes and the only thing that I don't care for is a lot of the time they just shoot the coyote or whatever at any range and don't try to work it in. Just got back from a wolf hunt in Ontario and what an experience that was. The hunt was tough and we didn't fill a tag but what an adventure.

--------------------
Mert Bargenquast

Posts: 40 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2015 04:21 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't have the outdoor channel with my U-verse package. Would have liked to have seen it.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2015 04:47 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mert, I have been up there twice. Still no luck.

My wife used to always say about 'ol Cal; "He's a hunk" and that's where he got his custom title!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2015 06:50 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Just got to sit down and watch. Well done Cal! I enjoyed it. Might have to try and watch a few more, once in awhile. My buddy Pete is going to be on there pretty soon too I think. Putting some new shocks and springs on his truck in a couple days, will have to ask him about it.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2015 10:27 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Enjoyed it Cal.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2015 10:55 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
I Really enjoyed the show Cal. Good looking Coyote Country.

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2015 06:31 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice job Cal glad yall got some good footage of the dogs working.
Now did you really grin about that coyote getting away or did you have your teeth gritted?

Also last Saturday morning was gassing up before a contest, a guy came over and asked what I was hunting. Told him and he asked if I knew Cenny.
Seen he had some WY plates, anyway already forgot his name, but he said he had worked some with Cenny. Small world sometimes.

Stay after them
Kelly

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2015 09:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The miss was so obviously intentional. Can't have the bunnyhuggers thinking it's executions rather than sport. Or, something?

On the one hand, there's always a little thrill when you first see a coyote coming to the call. On the other hand, I never feel right about a coyote getting away. Especially if it's because of some boner on my part.

But, that's just my take. Those kills are never routine, no matter how easy. It's just not the same as any other kind of hunting. Of course, I don't have the perspective of the professional. But, I bet they still think it's something special.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2015 09:16 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
You know I thought the show would've been more better if Abner would've stayed in the truck and let Cal show what he does and how he does it.

But it's supposed to be entertainment not educational, that's why I don't watch these shows. In fact I need to cancel the "sportsmans" package or cable all together.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Z
Member # 303

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2015 09:26 AM      Profile for Z   Author's Homepage   Email Z         Edit/Delete Post 
I am with you Tom.
Posts: 51 | From: Bluffdale, UT | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2015 10:18 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but let's keep it real as far as a no BS demonstration of what coyote hunting is like, rather than entertaining the "girls".

I don't have a problem with Steve's "Fried Chicken" stuff, I just don't watch it.

Hunting shows don't do it for me, and I don't know why? Don't tell anybody, but Mark Zepp sent me a bunch of DVDs a few years ago and I never got around to watching them. Still haven't.

So, I agree with Tom. I don't know where the market is for this stuff but it ain't me.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2015 10:42 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I lost a lot of interest in hunting shows. Those Belding guys from Dead dog walking, away, and so much of the canned deer hunts just ruined it for me.

Seems, that the guide does most of the work but the Star of the show gets the credit. Not trying to take anything away from Big Al and some of the others. I'm sure they paid their dues.

I haven't seen this one, but if it is similar to the others I remember, I'd rather the show turn it over to guys like Cal, Kelly, and the other guest. Let them explain why they are doing it the way they do it.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted February 13, 2015 01:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's no wonder I never noticed that I don't get the Outdoor Channel.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2015 01:36 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The usual pabulum offered by the Outdoor Channel seems to bear little resemblance to my hunting reality. I would rather spot and stalk a forky on my own than have a guide lead me to a shooting position and tell me "Take the second one from the left".
Just me, I guess.
The FoxPro/FurTaker videos, on the other hand, I rather enjoy. When people hunt hard and can still laugh at themselves when the wheels fall off, to me, says a lot.
Actually, what I would like to see is to get guys like Cal and Kelly and Ed Wimberly together around a campfire talkin' coyotes and just let the cameras roll.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2015 03:37 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't have been laughing if I missed!

And do yourself a favor LB and watch Zepps videos. They are the best I have seen. No nonsense, good camera work, and good shooting.

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2015 06:49 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Good show, Cal. I had to laugh when Abner missed that shot. They showed you laughing and it reminded me the only other time I've hunted that kind of country and that was with Q. Ain't no laughing when you miss with him. Sure, he isn't gonna rip you a new ass, but he does get "that look" on his face.

The first trip out, and the first coyote I shot, I'd called it as the second of a pair. he'd shot the first and number 2 came down the same trail and checked up about 225, or about a hundred beyond what I usually shot at the time. Q whistled at me, nods that way, and I lined up. He says, "Kill him." A few moments went by while time froze and he again says, a bit more sternly, "KILL HIM", and I shot and the coyote died. At the end of the day, we're recapping the dead pile and asks me why I took so long to shoot on that first one. I told him the truth. I took just long enough to say a little prayer, "God, Pleeease let me not miss this coyote." LOL

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2015 07:42 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You got it, Cal. Not home right now but I will make it a point to watch those videos when I get back. I feel guilty anyway, so I need to do it. I also agree that Mark is a good dude and seems to do a hell of a job with everything he touches. I also got a bunch of his calls, (very generous amount) and they are excellent, really well made. He has high production values, that's for sure.

I still have to wonder about that miss? It was, by a mile, or so?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters