The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » gossip time (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: gossip time
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2015 08:25 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll give you one, Dave Allen. Every morning when I get up, I feel at least ten years older than my chronological age of 72.5.

Occasionally talking about women, some like the young ones and some think they have so much to learn, that the body don't count, that much. I have known beautiful women. What is really interesting is an older female still in prime shape.

If I can't ask a woman where she was when Kennedy was shot, she's not my equal, intellectually. For the 25 year olds, I might as well be talking about when Lincoln was shot, they don't have a clue. The whole world does not revolve around subject matter like that, but it's just for illustration.

You build on your years. I never thought I could ever imagine my age. In some respects, I still think I'm 21, which is a major flaw. My father died at exactly the age I am now, and he was much too young, of an infection contracted in a friggin' hospital while being administered a transfusion, so there is some truth to the saying that a hospital is where you go to die.

I had quite a series of procedures, not long ago and it was, I was in a large complex for one of those procedures. Talking to the nurses, and here they were, in surgery, within spitting distance of the actual "hospital" on the fourth floor, next door, and she said, she didn't like working in the hospital; those people are so sick.

So, stay out of the hospital as long as you can. Of course, you would never know this one year old building wasn't an actual hospital; Kaiser is a big operation. And, I have been in Fontana and Baldwin Park and Ontario as well as the Upland facility lately...and frozen nuts up in the north woods wants to know what's my body count this season!

Let's just say, not like it was, in years past and somewhere along the line, I don't give a shit about that anymore. I didn't kill my first coyote until I was around 25? It was like suddenly my eyes were open, that was all it took, one time and I, maybe like riding a bicycle, I just knew the answers! Some people never get it.

Ok, back to work! Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2015 01:11 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone 70+ years old that is still even casually killing a few coyotes has my up most respect. My Dad is a little older than you LB and I have seen his health slipping the last few years where it is very difficult for him to come along anymore. Very difficult for me to see that. So if you're still killing Coyotes my hats off to you and I only pray that I have the health to still kill a few at that age. For anyone to say otherwise is a fool.

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2015 07:43 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember you had some stuff going on Leonard, been wondering how those procedures went ? and was hoping all is good.

You're words on women is sound. Nothing like a mature lady in pretty good shape. I'm blessed the wife has held together pretty well IMO.

I figure my shelf life is about 15 more years, not sure why ? That would put me about 65. Sounds like your still killing coyotes when ya can.

That's a good thing.

Chad, I here ya. Moms only Leonard's age, but has had breast cancer, three back surgeries and on and on. It's starting to take a toll.

Another trip to Oregon weekend after next, to show her some stuff and hopefully get her moved closer to my brother and me of course for the time being.

It's odd as were becoming older, were slowly becoming parents to Mom.

Ok, enough sappy stuff !!

[ January 14, 2015, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2015 08:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah right. With the Depends and the Parkinson's, I may be forced into an AR platform. No, I don't have that, and my kids hardly check on me weekly, much less daily. I could really stink up the house, if not found right away!

It's been said before and true; Getting old ain't for sissies!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2015 06:53 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
"It's been said before and true; Getting old ain't for sissies!"
No truer words have been spoken.
It's a good thing I think I'm a kid still.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2015 10:07 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
As for me, I have to think I'm doing passably well, at this stage. I think I have the situation under control, as far as my "condition". At least the most critical condition.

You know you must be getting old when you wonder if there is a good hospital near where you want to move. My cousin's ex husband retired steelworker and lived in a cabin up at Mormon Lake. Neighbor found him sprawled on the front porch. Eventually, they helicoptered him down to Phoenix, but he never regained consciousness. Stroke.

Sometimes you don't have to wonder why someone would step in front of an eighteen wheeler; although it's against all the principles I possess. On the other hand, I did witness the neglect and abuse my mother-in-law suffered in a "home", when she wasn't beat up by the combative patients. Yeah, that's a jim dandy way to live out the golden years!

Obama has a "No soup for you" solution. Ration health care for anybody over 70. Better spent on all those "undocumented" people. Is this a great country, or what?

WELL, it USED TO BE! HOW DID THAT ASSHOLE EVER GET ELECTED?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters