The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » gossip time (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: gossip time
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 10:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Rifleshooter, your permissions are open. Sorry about the misunderstanding. LB

quote:
Hey moe, how's the air up there where your head is? Firmly planted up LB's ass? I've noticed since you came here you hate everyone LB dislikes. There is always two sides to every story.

--

edit: For what it's worth, I would point out that this same situation exists on other boards.

[ January 12, 2015, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31348 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 04:20 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Lance. its not that i'm not comfortable shooting of sticks/tall pod. for a fat guy, i can still move quite quick.
its just that even at 200 yards, i'm just not super steady. laying prone, a 300 yard shot is mostly a chip shot but i've missed several at 100 yards shooting off sticks.
a while back, i went to MT for a few days. calling was excellent but i missed or poorly hit more than i care to admit. my brother was pissed [Eek!] he ai'nt used to me missing them shots.
one thing for sure i need to do is build up the top of the rubber shoe on the tall pod. its got a flat area where it meets the rod and that snags on grass real bad when ya gotta lift and turn.
i'll get around to practicing more this summer but from here on out, i'm going prone for this fur season.

Leonard. i surley don't mind hearing about the "good old days". enjoy it actually.
but you seem stuck on it. so seriously, when is the last time you actually went out and called/killed coyotes??. its apparent here, most guys don't post pics (is it because of you?) but at least they post about recent hunts.
i started building/remodeling 30 years ago but equiptment/materials/codes have changed in that time so i've had to also.
to a degree, so has calling coyotes. when i started calling, it was not uncommom to call in and kill a pair of older coyotes. now, YOY are BY FAR the norm. they are getting educated for sure.

so fess up. there is no dought you were a good coyote hunter in years past but lets go back 5 years and give us a bit of history on how its been for you.
maybe post a few pics also. i don't think anyone here will consider it bragging?. i won't.

and i'll pass on kissing your ass. not very good at doing such things.

edited too add: that "Amigo" shit gets old

[ January 12, 2015, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: the bearhunter ]

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 05:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Leonard. i surley don't mind hearing about the "good old days". enjoy it actually.
but you seem stuck on it. so seriously, when is the last time you actually went out and called/killed coyotes??. its apparent here, most guys don't post pics (is it because of you?) but at least they post about recent hunts.

I talked about it and just recently returned from a five day trip to extreme northern Nevada. Weather did not cooperate the last two days. In all I put 1,400 miles on my truck.
Sorry, didn't take a single photo, oh yeah I did take one to send to the blonde Amazon. Let me see if I can find it.

Good hunting. El Bee

edited to add. As long as we are being honest, you have a damned short fuse, Amigo.

edit: Look, you might live in the wilderness but I live in the city. We have to drive at least 75 miles past Barstow, just to shoot cans. Every trip for me is a big deal, I can't go out on an afternoon after work and kill a double like some of these guys. It's always been that way. People around here are not hunters, I am a rarity, yet I do it and have for 50 years. I never have and sure as hell do not have to prove anything to you. If you think I'm not current enough for your taste, why don't you go somewhere else where there are more "pros" like you?

edit: I spent almost 30 minutes trying to upload a video. No dead animals in it so of very little interest for our Amigo.

edit: Look, Amigo I never asked anybody to kiss my ass, much less such a short fuse as you appear to be. Now, if you consider this to be poking at you, you may finally be correct. Previously, I had no clue I was getting under your skin, and I regretted being responsible. Seriously. But, right now, if you want to quarrel about my bonafides, I owe you not even the fucking time of day, so why don't you just kiss my ass, and get lost?

[ January 12, 2015, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 06:08 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Tomorrow I turn 45!!! Wooo hooo!! Man o man o man the years are flying by. I am already feeling old. I know there are lots of old farts here. I am just curious...Is there anyone younger than me here?!?!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 06:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations. You still working on a baseball team?

You have emailed me a request for your password several times in the past year or so, and then, never post....except on PP.

Anyway, nice to hear from you.

Good hunting. El Bee

No we have new younger members than you. Hello, Fur?

[ January 12, 2015, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 06:17 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
I am always being accused of being juvenile....does that count?

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 06:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
For Bearhunter. The video was actually kind of funny. There we were in a friggin' blizzard and my passenger window got stuck down. Drove to Elko and called AAA but they didn't know what to do; but sign here.

So, we found a video on YouTube that explained how to take the door apart. Believe me this was really a lot funnier than it sounds at night afraid to even leave the truck to get a bite to eat. So we managed to take it apart and force it up and kept the door locked on the drivers side.

Like I said, you wouldn't find it very interesting anyway, no dead stuff. But the Blonde Amazon did find it amusing. I was able to send it to her iPhone, but that's the limit of my expertise as far as the tech side.

Good hunting. El Bee

[ January 12, 2015, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 06:32 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
edit: Look, Amigo I never asked anybody to kiss my ass,

And, if you don't like hearing about the good old days, you can kiss my ass.

i quess i need to go back to school. reading better be my major.
[Razz] .
i'll be old and senile someday too

Leonard. i've got 4 p.m's today on 2 different sites from fellas i did'nt know even visited your site.
ya wanno know what they all said??
i ai'nt got a short fuse.just getting better at calling people out that are wrong.
leave this shit between you and your pals from the past GO..... AI'NT NOTHING GOOD BECOMING OF IT!!.

[Roll Eyes]

[ January 12, 2015, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: the bearhunter ]

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 06:44 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Leonard, Hi CrossJ - Nope doesn't count. I am that too. My mom was in the hospital for about a month recently. We were there often to visit. Almost every doctor nurse and anyone on staff is a kid. I thought you had to be a full blast adult to work there.
Anyway, a few years ago, I got really broke. I am almost un-broke now - Praise God!! I had to pour any free time I had into work. I do still read the boards fairly frequently, just not as religiously as before. I still take my boys hunting as often as possible though.
One summer a few years back when everybody was bored it seems every other thread just turned into Tim bashing and Gossip. It got kind of boring for me. I did start spending a lot of time reading Arrowhead and artifact collecting forums. That is one of our main family hobbies during the summer. It goes hand in hand with hunting around for snakes, lizards, toads frogs, whatever. Anyway, my internet inerests be a me divided. But as already stated, I lurk often! It is great being able to come here and read posts by people I've gotten to know so well by their posts. Seriously, although I haven't posted much lately, I still have hundreds, who knows, maybe thousands of hours reading over posts here at HM!
It's a nice barrio!!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 06:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There is proof you are out of your element. Those two statements mean completely different things. You can kiss my ass is the same as "fuck you"

"kissing my ass" is something when you are trying to get on the good side of the boss, like bringing him coffee, etc.

So, great. I'm tired of fucking around with a dilettante that has such a poor command of the English language. Bye to you, too.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit:
quote:
between you and your pals from the past GO..... AI'NT NOTHING GOOD BECOMING OF IT!!.
PS something about the weather up in the north woods? Geez, what a bunch of loonies!

Here we have a bunch of anonymous chickenshits giving me advice. Unbelievable. What they don't understand is: YOU FUCKING MORONS, I DIDN'T START IT, THEY DID! And, pick a fight with me and you have my attention. Okay, Amigo?

[ January 12, 2015, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Fur_n_Dirt
So. Ariz. Zone Tech. Expert
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 07:53 PM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
My soul purpose here is to bring down the age average.. [Razz]

--------------------
--- It's all simple if you know what you are doing ---

Posts: 437 | From: Tucson | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 08:02 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Im 28...ish

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 09:08 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Loco, I hear you on the 'board war' stuff. I have drifted away from the other sites....but I still come here. Know and have met alot of these ol' geezers personally, which tends to put a different light on things.

I was wondering though, on your other forums, did you find similar grumbelings? I know for me, some of the welding forums I frequented, it was the same old bitchin'.....kinda comical actually.

Something I do think interesting that BH mentioned...there does seem to be a lot of lurkers here.

Good to hear from you Loco, hope your critters are all doing well.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
92soggy
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4362

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 09:22 PM      Profile for 92soggy   Email 92soggy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just a kid at 28, do i win the prize???
Posts: 39 | From: Washington | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 10:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to say, I have shoes older than 28. Probably more than a dozen pair, if I bothered to count them?

But, I have guns I haven't fired in 28 years. Some of my gear is that old, for sure I have thousands of dollars worth of tools that are older than 28 years.

I don't even remember being 28, but I know I bought my first house when I was 25 and it cost less than a new pick up, today. My first pickup believe it or not, cost exactly $1,830, new. It was one of the first Datsuns, 1969, and I drove that thing everywhere. It wouldn't do over 75 or get really great mileage, but it could go anywhere.

Oh well, just going down memory lane for Amigo and the lurkers. Lurkers, by the way, have an inferiority complex, they know they have nothing worthwhile to add; just like chickenshits everywhere; all they can do is whisper and stab you in the back.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 10:16 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, I was fibbing...Im 46.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2015 03:56 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Loco,
Good to see that you're back.
[Smile] Funny about needing to be an adult to work the hospital. I used to suspect that they let my Dr. out of High School early afternoons to see patients and `practice`.
[Eek!] Heads up; Age 45 is when the Exit Only sign on your ass begins to fade. At age 50 they have this garden hose with a video camera duct taped to the end ................

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7521 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2015 04:25 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Danny, post up more often!

I visit a couple offroad and hiking forums daily. Am a regular poster on them. Have never seen anything along the lines of a board war in that realm. Guys with certain vehicles or that do certain types of wheeling tend to gather on certain boards, but the boards seem mostly pretty friendly with each other. No drama.

Predator hunters tend to be more solitary by nature, and secretive and competitive and egotistical. We, as a group, generally speaking, fight with each other a lot. Alphas trying to piss on each other. One of the reasons I've always said that any effort to "organize" coyote hunters for a purpose is doomed to fail.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
KaBloomR
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2015 05:04 AM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I have to admit that I'm a lurker here. And I can't say I contribute anything of worth to those that know it all. But I have to take offense of being accused of having an inferiority complex. And chickenshit? I'd gladly tell someone what I think of them face to face.

Edited due to inappropriate content.

[ January 13, 2015, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: KaBloomR ]

--------------------
"It always gets a helluva lot worse before it gets any better"

Posts: 302 | From: Utah | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2015 05:22 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting observation, Dave.

One thing to add, regarding forum drama & whatnot. This place is unlike most any other board, in that Leonard alone pays the bills and he does't take any advertising dollars.

Considering that, I try to conduct myself as though I'm literally sitting in Leonard's living room when posting here. To a one, I don't think ANY of us would tolerate much in the way of being shit on in our own house. Justified, or not...

And by pointing that out, I'm not wanting to shit on anyone else for having a bone to pick. There is some BS that I ain't crazy about, either. Rabble rousing "emails" from a proven shithead, being one in particular. But in the end, I'm the fuckin' idiot if I take the bait. And.........

This place ain't my house.

I'm a guest, know where the door is, and realize I'm free to leave at any time. Just sayin'...

Gotta take da good wit da bad, sometimes. And when the bad part is taken in context as being petty drivel, then why even pay it any mind???

For the record, I just turned 41.

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2015 07:22 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an ass in person same as on the net. Some get me some don't.

I just turned 50

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2015 08:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well, I have to admit that I'm a lurker here. And I can't say I contribute anything of worth to those that know it all. But I have to take offense of being accused of having an inferiority complex. And chickenshit? I'd gladly tell someone what I think of them face to face.

p.s. You can kiss my ass or fuck off. Interpret that however you'd like..... [Eek!]
Kabloomer

That's an unfortunate interpretation. Apparently, we have different understanding of what a lurker is? Especially someone participating on a different board and sniping among themselves via PM.

I disabled the PM feature here because it was always used for backstabbing every place I ever have been.

Second of all, you are registered and you have 297 posts. That's not a lurker, by my above definition. We have long time members, maybe ten years, that tell me they read every day and seldom contribute. Some may call themselves "lurkers" but that was not what I meant, and specifically I was referring to bear hunters friends on another forum communicating via PM.

Besides all that I know you, you attended the friggin' campout, your tent was next to mine, and you still want to feel offended over your definition of a word? It's really shit like this that actually does make me want to fold the fucking tent. Sometimes I think you people aren't worth the effort.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2015 06:00 PM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have to go along with Fred, Its Leonards site he pays the bills. Mans got the right to talk about any thing wants. There's some good people here and there's some that are pretty high on themselves. I take the good with the bad and go on. Never did see any good come of fighting on the internet. If you can't look a man in the eye and tell him what you think. What good is it going to do you to type a bunch of crap about him.
The way I was raised if you got a problem with some one you meet head up and work it out.
But I'm just and old boy (58) that likes to be out in the woods calling critters. Never claimed to any thing but that right there.

Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
KaBloomR
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2015 07:36 PM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
Fred,
Your points made above have merit. As I've stated in past posts, I appreciate what this site offers, and have gained considerable knowledge (both positive and negative) from the contributions made from the members here.

LB,
I took offense to your "lurker" comments because in all honesty, I can't bring to the table anything that these guys haven't already accomplished a hundred times over when it comes to predator hunting. Maybe I do have an inferiority complex after all? And for what it's worth, I'll say it again - Thanks for providing a place where we can come to learn, bitch, share, and laugh..
43 going on 86

--------------------
"It always gets a helluva lot worse before it gets any better"

Posts: 302 | From: Utah | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2015 07:47 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Man you guys are old ?

41-43-45-46 ? I always thought you guys were young whipper-snappers ?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters