The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » gossip time (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: gossip time
Chris S
"SPECIAL ACCOUNT" HM's Facebook page moderator & runs with scissors
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2015 09:34 AM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not gonna lie, your post pissed me off a bit, LB. I had a nice adios amigo reply all written up. I decided to let it go,for the good of the people.

In the end it's not worth worrying about, ya know. It's a Web forum, no use in letting shit like that get me all wound up.

I'll channel my anger towards cops or Obama, where it belongs.

[ January 10, 2015, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Chris S ]

Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2015 09:50 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd channel all that energy to fighting your lame ass fish and wildlife division. What a bunch of bunny huggers infiltrateing an organization can do to ruin it for all of us.
Just an observation on my part. And I am a no-body in the world of predator hunting.Don't even have pictures to prove it.LOL

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 644 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Chris S
"SPECIAL ACCOUNT" HM's Facebook page moderator & runs with scissors
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2015 10:10 AM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
NVWalt, I've heard some good things about the calls you make and some hunting exploits, so you don't need pictures.
Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Rifleshooter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3983

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2015 10:19 AM      Profile for Rifleshooter           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey moe, how's the air up there where your head is? Firmly planted up LB's ass? I've noticed since you came here you hate everyone LB dislikes. There is always two sides to every story.

--------------------
The pen is mighter than the sword, but is no match for a Colt.

Posts: 29 | From: CA-AZ-MT | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2015 11:13 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
For your information my history with the California clubs goes back farther than LB's. And I've observed Gary's being banned on site after site after spewing his venom. Sites that had nothing to do with the California clubs. He has a caustic way about him that aggravates some people.

As far as being Leonard's ally on certain individuals there are some I definitely side with him on but that doesn't make me his lackey. I've been around the web for quite a few years now and I've seen these individuals at work. Most people come to sites like this to discuss hunting predators which is a thing I do enjoy. And I enjoy reading posts about it. What I don't enjoy is someone whose apparent goal in life is tearing down an organization and the people in it for reasons I don't understand.

When Gary posted a rant about people like me being poachers and hunting illegally I have to take exception. Gary doesn't even know me or anything about my past. What I know about Gary is that he once called shooterjohn over at the californiapredatorsclub site a steaming pile of shit because John banned him. He also founded a couple of sites that consisted mostly of guys that got kicked out of predatormasters and all they did was bitch and gripe about that site. Nothing constructive.

Gary may be a knowledgeable caller and if he would stick to posting about calling and hunting he'd probably be an all right guy but that isn't what he does. I have trouble understanding why PP gives him a soapbox and allows him to trash others.

Frankly I'm sorry I entered this debate.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2015 11:26 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a fairly rude, and uncalled for comment, rifle shooter. I hope you are done, because you've already managed to piss me off, and that never turns out well.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31492 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rifleshooter
Member # 3983

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2015 02:00 PM      Profile for Rifleshooter           Edit/Delete Post 
I well understand that, and I wonder why LB gives you a platform to trash people that don't/won't post here.

Predator Hunting Forums and their practices are none of your business. I thought I read one of LB's posts that trashing PHF or its members was not going to be tolerated here. So you must be a special case.

--------------------
The pen is mighter than the sword, but is no match for a Colt.

Posts: 29 | From: CA-AZ-MT | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted January 10, 2015 04:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'm thinking the above "last words" are directed at Moe and not me, but it doesn't really matter, your permissions are disabled, Amigo.

Even for a lawyer, your reading comprehension needs work, BTW.

Sorry things didn't work out. There's bound to be other places on the 'net to share your opinions.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: and Chris, what a relief you decided to "let it go"

quote:
I'm not gonna lie, your post pissed me off a bit, LB. I had a nice adios amigo reply all written up. I decided to let it go,for the good of the people.
I'm not going to lie either, your comments pissed me off big time. Free advice, shut the fuck up, or hang out on PP for all I care, but I am not entertaining any more from you about Clever Gary.

[ January 10, 2015, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2015 11:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Any other Gary Clevenger defenders out there, might as well get it over with while I'm in the mood to take no prisoners.

I really have to say that Chris's comments, swallowing Gary's bullshit really touched a nerve. I guess it's like the Communist Big Lie, you tell a lie often enough, low information people say, "yeah, I've heard that before, must be true". And, Chris is drinking his koolaid, big time. Sometimes it's not adequate to say; I did NOT just stop beating my wife. And, that's where this asshole has an advantage, he's on a quest and he is damning a lot of good people with his outrageous lies.

Chris is already a rare bird, he was banned once, full treatment, and I couldn't even give him back his original screen name. He still has an account and can use it....with discretion. One can only hope. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2015 12:34 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Popcorn's stale. Cold, too, and needs more butter.

Facebook is great. Use it every day. Respect all of you and hate to see the infighting. Damned shame. Won't take sides unless and until someone gives me a reason, then I start a new side - my side.

Every battle has at least two sides and, if it's my business, I'll gladly listen to both.

As far as pics on the interweb, you can either write about how good you are, or you can show it. If there aren't pics, it didn't happen. Pretty common mantra these days. I post pics on my facebook page to reaffirm to people that read my stuff that I may very well know my shit.

Killed this sweet double this morning on the first stand.

-

Numbers 74 and 75 for the season for me and "the crew"* Post pics about every kill on Facebook as a matter of public record. Have been contacted and been able to help several ppl who saw those posts on FB. I don't maintain a web site and I don't sell DVD's saying look at me. Look at my FB page and decide for yourself if I'm worth the time to listen to. No big product line. No self promotion. Just me, my record, and an idea.

(*- Kevin, and sometimes Mark, my other gunner. I like the company. They keep me from dwelling on my shit life and ruining an otherwise blessed day.)

I either "know my shit", or I'm damned lucky. LOL

[ January 11, 2015, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2015 12:55 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Lance, I guess you got me. I know it's not your intent, but the truth is, I don't take or post a lot of photographic evidence. Therefore, I'm nothing, I guess?

That's the thing, you either believe someone based on the truth of their statements, or you look at their hero shots? I guess that's what TT did with someone's photos, a while back.

Anyway, if you post more pics than somebody else, you are more expert? OK

I already had NASA tell everybody that my moldy trophies didn't mean shit. While he and Clever Gary have none....

But, I'm not looking for glory. Just talking.

You are a good member, Lance. Hey, I still have a call you made, a Diablo, in the baggie, never used.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2015 01:03 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Video, or it didn't happen. Pics don't mean a a thing.
Lol just kidding. I'm nobody but like I've said in the past, I love pics, but it don't prove you shot anything? Everyone still has to take your word for it.

That's nit picky, but you could boil it down to that.
Mark

[ January 11, 2015, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2015 01:32 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I like talking pictures and posting them. But not of garden variety dead coyotes. I mean, I do once in awhile but not very often. Just don't care to. Dead coyote pictures are pretty damn boring.

But I don't claim any skill or knowledge that I need to prove either.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2015 01:35 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh and forgot to add that Facebook sucks...

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2015 01:47 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Right on, Dave. You do not need to prove anything, as far as the rest of us are concerned. Personally, I think you know what you are talking about and as you say, that's really all that counts. Somebody either has credibility, or they don't.

You know what, you must be some sort of exceptional woodsman just to take the photos you do! I couldn't do that, if I tried.

And, while I do not know this for a fact, because I have never belonged, I agree; FACE BOOK SUCKS.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2015 02:21 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Facebook is, like anything else on the web, whatever you make it out to be. If you wanna spill your guts and bleed all over people, so be it. The site is like a marketplace. People don't like what you're offering, you get unfollowed or unfriended, and if and when you don't get a clue, you find yourself essentially talking to yourself.

Posting grip and grins doesn't mean anyone is an expert. Like you said, you have credibility or you don't. You don't have anything to prove to anyone.

I, on the other hand, like to make sure that people who like to read my material are confident that I'm not out grabbing up road kill and just claiming, as one of those keyboard killers, that I'm a coyote hunter. I have competition with all the other guys writing, video-ing, and the like. People don't see those other forms of media in the temporal sense. They don't realize that a one-hour DVD with "28 kills!" took nearly two years to collect enough video footage to make, so I post 'em as I kill 'em and have witnesses to back up every dead coyote should anyone ever feel the need to challenge my street cred. After all, that would be a shit load of roadkilled coyotes.

As far as being a good member, I try my best. Pretty much no one ever fucks with me and I don't go out of my way to yank anyone else's chain unless they start it first. Life's too short.

I consider you a friend, even if I've never spoken with you other than here. I also consider Higgins a good friend, as well as Tom Turner. I know the issues. I've heard your side, and in some cases, the other side. It's not my business and I'm fine accepting the fact that you guys each have your reasons for taking the stances you've taken. I have pretty stubborn convictions on some things that outsiders look at and wonder, "WTF?" and, to them, my position may seem irrational and unreasonable. But, there are things about the situation they don't know, and those things are the critical tipping points for me. I presume you have your own tipping points where you have drawn the line. I'm cool with that. I get along with each of you and do not feel the need to be exclusively loyal to any one of you, and I appreciate that you're all big enough men not to expect me to. Here, as in the "real world", not all my friends are friends with one another, too.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2015 04:46 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
I have posted a few photos over the years but very few. But definitely not to prove anything or even brag pictures. I really don't take very many pictures unless it was a special hunt that really meant something. But more often than not there are no photos taken.

And yes I agree Facebook sucks. No interest in joining whatsoever.

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1627 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2015 06:32 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
When it comes to photos, I like putting a face to the name and more than anything, I like to see the country the posting person hunts.

I also like to look at the equipment others use. Rifles, calls, clothing, sticks, bipod, etc.. If a guy has proven they know what they are doing they probably got the equipment part down too.

A photo is nice and can make a post more interesting, but isn't needed to build credibility in my book. It's pretty easy to see who has been around from reading their posts(and no, I don't consider myself one of those guys).

Really, unless a coyote is something special as far as size or color, if you've seen a few, you've pretty much seen them all. Like my wife said the other day, when going through the camera, "Just a picture of another dead coyote."

[ January 11, 2015, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Lonny ]

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2015 06:33 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
last post here (even if i did'nt want it to be)as i'm sure LB's somewhat large ego will make me go away.
i don't know who this Gary is, but like someone said earlier, there are TWO sides to every story.
Leonard, you are a very discrete pot stirring sob. i quit posting here a year ago when YOU started to try stirring up shit between me and Tim. i lost sleep over it!!.
i was a mean mother-fucker when i was younger but managed over the years to get a grip on it and YOU brought it back to life by posting shit on this site about Tim bad-mouthing me. had my truck gassed up gonna make a trip to go see him but member DIYI talked me out of it.
soon after, you did it again!!.
Tim sent me a p.m. stating you were just pulling my leg.
you ai'nt no fucking Daisy yourself!!.
after the last go-round with Dan (the man), why even bring this thread up??.
are YOU trying to gain more exceptance?? seem's 1 by 1, you're pissing off more and more people by the week.
as for posting pictures with dead coyotes, personally, i LOVE EM. this is a fucking hunting site right?? i don't see someone posting pictures of dead shit as bragging at all. can't believe you do?.

you are quick to dwell on the past when there were few pred. hunters and they we're seamingly easy to kill. what about now. you struggeling?.
do you even hunt anymore?. when is the last time YOU have posted about a recent hunting adventure?.
i've posted pic's of coyotes several times here over the years with nary a responces, yet Troy will post pics of a fish or a deer and you damn near hump his leg??. (no harm intended Troy).

over the years, i really came to appreciate this site. good bunch of fellas that gave good advice., but YOU seem to always come back and post something about how YOU did it way back when.

you still with the tall blonde??. you were quite hot n heavy posting about that awhile back.
as for Chris S. thats purdy lame shit to threaten him about naming Gary's name. as if life can't go on without HM's.
bottom line Leonard, you have quite an ego. you are just to narcisist to see it!.

killed # 53 today. Denise and I went for a 2 dayer into ND. had a fun time. took some pics but have a new computer and can't seem to figger out how to do pics yet. here's a thripple (grin) from a while back. just so you fellas know i DID (and can) kill an occasonal one. no road kills

[Roll Eyes]
 -

now with that, let the long arm of LB strike me dead....... [Wink]

[ January 11, 2015, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: the bearhunter ]

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2015 06:39 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Bear,

Do you call and shoot prone more often than not in country liked you posted?

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2015 07:19 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of truth slipped out in bears post.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2015 07:52 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice looking coyotes. Triples are noteworthy. If you call and shoot prone, I salute you. That's how Q does a lot of calling. My neck doesn't take that sharp an upturn for long before I'm hurting bad. And a belly full of cactus needles doesn't help. either. End up looking like you have fleas with all the little red "bites" on you. There isn't a single damned man-sized area that's cacti-free in western Nebraska to lay prone and that just sucks.

--------------------

the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 08:00 AM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Lonny/Lance. i've always shot prone. try to find spots where its possible ai'nt always possible though LOL.
i made a resolution earlier this year to practice shooting while sitting using sticks/tall bipod. never followed through with it and its cost me dearly this fall/winter. have been mostly using a 27" bipod this year and have missed/wounded more coyotes than the last 5 years combined.
hurts watching a 50-100.00$ bill run away.

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 09:36 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
It all has to do with your area. I'm in tall- and mixed-grass prairie where you usually have to sit up to be able to see over the ground cover. There are a few spots I can lie prone, but two bad disks in my neck make that a very short-term option, especially if I'm blowing a mouth call. In those instances, I usually try to use the ecaller and end up tilting my head to port or starboard just to be almost pain free. Been using sticks exclusively for over a decade now. Always surprised how many guys who want to hunt with me shun the idea of sticks at first, but very quickly become dependent upon them. Once you learn the mechanics of using them, they become second nature and an extension of your body connecting you to the rifle. I got the double yesterday over sticks and after years of practice, I can look back now and barely recall shooting, then picking up the entire collection of sticks and rifle, rotating about 80-degrees to the right, resetting the sticks, shouldering and firing again. Muscle memory and automatic for me anymore. All but used up a set of snap caps teaching myself that. LOL Same with resetting the safety. Had another double early last week that I shot the first, and when the second popped out and I went to shoot, the safety was on. Don't remember putting it back on, but I've practiced to always shoot, reset safety and re-index my trigger finger alongside the rifle, outside the trigger guard and move the sticks and rifle using my right hand with the butt of the rifle stock pulled into my shoulder (left-handed shooter, shooting an AR15).

[ January 12, 2015, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2015 10:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Bear hunter, you can stay or whatever. I am sorry and apologize if I offended you about (he who shall not be named) You got me wrong, Amigo. That's ok, I never attempted to please everybody, because I found out, try as I might, some asshole would take offense. I don't know what it is about a free speech forum that some people don't understand? Some places, your post wouldn't last five minutes.

And, if you don't like hearing about the good old days, you can kiss my ass. Back in the day, I was nobody to mess with. But I am so much more mellow now!

Anyway, thanks for sharing. (humping leg)

Good hunting. El Bee

PS which reminds me; yes on that six foot blonde! She was just down for the weekend. Damn, should have been there!

edit: I noticed that Huber always shot prone, on a stand. That works fine, in South Dakota. You won't want to be without a stool and shooting sticks in Arizona. And, many other places.

[ January 12, 2015, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters