The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Back home from the hospital.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Back home from the hospital.
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2014 06:19 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
You might recall I had a little bout with cancer last year and was working hard to make a complete recovery. When we discovered it had returned. This was prior to the campout this year Leonard knew but I did not say anything to anyone else That is why Leonard was so concerned about having the campout At my place when in reality it was the best thing for me. Anyway all went well lots of removals and reconstruction but now my second recovery Has begun. Thanking God. Still have six weeks of healing then six weeks of Radiation.
Ill be a glow in the dark Muppet but still able to hunt and fish and trap with my grandsons.

[ December 22, 2014, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2014 06:41 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the update Paul.

Listen, I'm not religious or the best person on earth. I swear to much and drink beer. I'll pray for you though and hopefully things will be Ok.

Hang in there bro'

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2014 06:44 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit Paul, you hang in there. That is all.
Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2014 06:45 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit Paul, you hang in there. That is all.
Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2014 06:54 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, hang in there Paul, enjoy them grandsons.

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2014 07:49 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
What Dave said.......

My wife was diagnosed a few years back and now she's cancer free and doing well. I wish the same for you.

BTW, I don't drink much beer but I do swear too much but I ain't a bad guy.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2014 08:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I knew about this for quite a while, actually wished I could have broke the story because there are a lot of friends on HM that would want to know and Paul deserves to hear what they have to say. I know he doesn't want sympathy but cancer is a son-of-a-bitch to fight all by your self. I'm sure it helps to know you have some good people pulling for ya.

It's the same attitude as the campout, yes a burden but at the same time, you feel good about visiting with friends and in this case, sharing your tribulations.

So, wishing you all the best, Paul. I think it's going to turn out well. And, you know, cancer has hit me as close as possible, so I sure know what you are going through.

Take care, Buddy

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
KaBloomR
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2014 08:30 PM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
Praying for you here also, Paul. I'm sorry to hear you're still going through this battle, but glad things went well. Your grandchildren are truly blessed to have someone like you.

--------------------
"It always gets a helluva lot worse before it gets any better"

Posts: 302 | From: Utah | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2014 10:37 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hang in there, my friend & I'll see you at the camp-out next year !!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2014 11:00 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the well wishes . Dave prayer is like gravity or electricity you don't have to believe it for it to work it works anyway . I have a bad mouth and many other shortcomings if I didn't I would not be human. I treat the God thing very simply He does for me what I cannot do for myself as I see that leaves a hell of a lot for me to do. Its like riding bicycle I have the pedals he has the handelbears.

[ December 22, 2014, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2014 04:19 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Thinking my best thoughts for you and your family Paul...

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2014 04:47 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Keep the positive attitude and kick its azz, Paul!!!
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2014 07:42 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Keep up the fight, Paul!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2014 07:58 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have an old friend from school, she was my square dance partner, but she had breast cancer 4-5 years ago and recently detected in the other breast....so it was removed, as well.

Now, this woman has enough money for one of those private booths at Dallas home games, get's comp'ed by Mark Cuban, and can easily afford the best doctors; but I have wondered just how much care the average citizen gets, or is entitled to? This is especially after hearing the tab so far, for Paul's treatments.

At least those poor unwashed and undocumented now have Obamacare. That is reassuring, and I can sleep at night, thankful for what the D'rats did for us.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2014 11:29 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I DO hope that the insurance that the undocumented democrats receive is at least as good as the insurance that I lost because of o bama-care.

[Mad]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2014 05:07 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, good post my amigo. I call all my friends amigo. I must deal with to many Hispanic farm workers..Lol

I'm not embarrassed at all to say I pray. I'm learning sometimes all we've got is the big guy, and we need to lean on him, despite our imperfections.

So anyway I'm not a born again anything or the other. Just a dude trying to keep his lid on straight and hope and pray myself and others get thru this cruel ol' world okay.

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2014 06:06 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Prayer works, this I know.

Paul keep up the good attitude, your grandkids are learning a lot more than you know from you. I will send a few prayers myself.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rifleshooter
Member # 3983

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2014 03:47 PM      Profile for Rifleshooter           Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas Paul.

--------------------
The pen is mighter than the sword, but is no match for a Colt.

Posts: 29 | From: CA-AZ-MT | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2014 05:19 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck with the recovery and radiation Paul. Have a great New Year and I hope to make it to the next campout. FYI: My Psa has been zero for three years now.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2014 03:35 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Get well soon, Paul.

Prayers enroute..

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2014 10:51 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't let that bastard win, keep the good fight. Hope you kick it's ass.

And have a happy new year! [Smile]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2015 10:33 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,
Thanks for bringing me up to speed on your health. You are a very brave man! Your outlook on life is spectacular; you have a lot to live for friend. I am proud of you for not being angry at God!! Your faith and trust in the Lord is encouraging to me and I am certain many others too!!! I will also be praying for you, radiation, and your new life's adventure! :-)

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters