The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » For 4949, an apology

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For 4949, an apology
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted December 20, 2014 06:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
My friend, whatever stupid minor issues I have ever had with law enforcement, pale compared to the crap being tossed around by Pundits, Mayors and Presidents.

I was driving out to Yucca Valley tonight and hear on th radio about those two cops shot in NYC. The folks mentioned above bear some responsibility for the hatchet attacks and all the rest but especially this thing today.

So, I am sorry, and everyone here is sorry for jerking your chain about relatively minor issues.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2014 08:45 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Lb, I just had the same conversation a few minutes ago regarding the pundits etc. I honestly feel that those you mentioned share a considerable amount of responsibility for instigating this violence. I read some comments on a web site reporting this event, and the comments are even more chilling than the event itself.

As for 49, obviously we have shared some differing view points, but it was/is at a level of discussion; with an attempt of both parties to convince the other of their point of view. I do admire his coming to a place where he was probably outnumbered and sharing his side of the argument.

I truly believe we are heading for some serious violence in this country. Sadly, much of it is being instigated by people in power pushing their own selfish agendas.

Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2014 05:45 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys. I was just logging on to this site thinking there hasn't been a whole lotta cop bashing lately. I guess everyone here felt it just as I did.

No need to apologize, really. I can come off as an obnoxious SOB sometimes.

I appreciate the comments though.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2014 08:24 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
$.02
This goes back to when dirt was still mud, but Leonard probably remembers it;

Early 70s.
LAPD.
Chief Gates.
Cops carried six shot revolvers w/ball ammo.

Back in the day, it was common knowledge that if you ran from a cop, you got shot........six times.......no `warning shot`.
If you resisted arrest.......you got shot......six times. Sometimes eight or ten times.
If you assaulted a cop........you got shot. Many times.
A naked guy once threw a butcher knife at two cops. At which time, he was technically and obliviously unarmed. They shot him 14 times. Six shot revolvers, remember.
A deaf guy was reaching for his `I'm a deaf guy` card and was shot. Many times.
These and most other shootings were ruled justified.
The message was loud and clear "Don't fuck with LAPD".
Comply with police orders and things will work itself out. Make bail tomorrow.
In the long run, it saved lives.
Contrast this with today's mentality.
`He was only committing a Misdemeanor......Why did the cop shoot him ?????"
Let's riot, loot & commit arson to protest injustice.
And the talking heads on the news will fan the flames and more people will die.
Madness !!!!!!
I don't have any delusions that all cops are pure as the wind driven snow but I would sure hate to have MY every action put under a microscope.
End of rant.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2014 09:54 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the more interesting emails I received within the past several months included the phrase:

WE SHOULD HAVE PICKED OUR OWN COTTON

I'm of the opinion that we have gone as far as possible in reaching out for improving race relations. It's time for the trend to slide downward, a bit.

Like they said, when OJ was found not guilty, white people didn't riot and loot businesses. Slavery has been abolished a hundred and fifty years ago, time to move on.

It's like what Sir Charles Barkley said; Imagine what these neighborhoods would be like without a police presence.

Yeah, if anybody needs law enforcement, it's in predominantly black neighborhoods. It cracked me up one time driving towards LAX on either Manchester or ? So, for some reason, I felt like I needed something so I stopped at a liquor store. (there is one on every corner, in south central)

Amazing. Inside, plywood hallways, an elevated counter behind chickenwire. Everything more expensive than you can imagine, but who cares since they are spending free money, and there has to be something shady about buying Colt 45 with food stamps?

That's all they got down there. Since the riots, no reputable company can get insurance to set up business down there. So, the Koreans and Iranians gouge the locals for their Skittles and chips.

Just look at Detroit. It's on a death watch and exactly who's responsible? If the people that live there would agitate for civilization rather than GHETTO, you wouldn't see the difference between south-central and Coronado Island. Okay, slight exaggeration, to make my point.

End of latest rant. Is it any wonder that more citizens are packing than ever before?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2014 10:21 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I am waiting for the far left to attack Jesse, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakan, and ole Deblasio for these two cops getting executed. Remember when it was the NRA and Sara Palins fault that Jared Loughner murdered that little girl, and shot Gabby Giffords? How about that theater in Aurora?

Deblasio is directly related to these men by occupation, and command.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2014 10:52 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
The media is the Leo's worst enemy right now. It would appear they are hell bent on starting a civil war.

Why ? I don't know. The gloomy side of me might say in the midst of utter chaos, it might be a good time to collapse the dollar and introduce a new world currency ?

Whatever it's agenda driven in my mind. Meanwhile it gives the talking heads something to rant and rave about and keep cable news ratings up.

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2014 11:02 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Im not a great lover of cops with a chip on thier shoulder...but if Im a cop right now, Im ready to beat some motherfuckers down, no lie.

Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lungbuster
Knows what it's all about
Member # 630

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2014 07:25 PM      Profile for Lungbuster           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thankful that I don't have to work in that environment like the cops in the bigger metro areas.
I'm quite happy having my biggest problem being chasing cows off the highway.

Posts: 225 | From: Idaho | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters