The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Coyote in town

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coyote in town
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted December 07, 2014 03:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday, as I was on my way out here to Yucca Valley, I was driving 15th about a block west of Euclid when I noticed a coyote minding his own business, casually walking on the sidewalk, on my side of the street.

So, I started shadowing him and he noticed and slipped into some bushes. And, I was thinking of bloodying this 40S&W Shield, but this is a decidedly urban area, so next thought was to get a photo with the iPhone. I saw that he managed to sneak across the street but got into some thicker shrubs and never saw him again. End of story.

This happened to be the first coyote I have seen here in town, this season. But, while not really numerous, I can count on seeing one or more every year as they come out of the hills, on cat patrol. This particular animal had a rat tail, something you might see in the middle of a hot summer but I think it's unusual, for December?

Anyway, a little excitement and I can't believe I was actually thinking of dumping him through the open passenger side window.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31415 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2014 01:44 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Its fairly common out here we have many populations that are land locked so to speak and have adapted to city life. Although it would be easy enough to pick up a wash and head back out of town. I used to see them a lot at the phoenix country club it is completely surrounded by the city downtown at 7th and McDowell.
I have called a few while waiting on the roadside with town on one side and an empty lot on the other. I too have had the notion of how simply I could take the shot possibly with impunity. Each time better judgment overcame me.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters