The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » KA bans contest hunting?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KA bans contest hunting?
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2014 08:20 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Read this on another board, as of Dec 3rd, 2014, coyote contests are illegal.

you sold out yet ElBee?

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2014 03:00 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Pathetic. We always cave, try to placate those that can't be placated. Every negotiation, they start from the fifty yard line and we give them ten downs to make ten yards. Every negotiation ends with us losing something, therefore they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. There's the incentive, something for nothing.

We are chumps. You give in a little hoping they will be satisfied and try to live with a restriction on your rights and freedom. LOSERS!

As far as I am concerned, we shouldn't give another inch. They don't have a case. Prove that awarding a prize for killing coyotes is detrimental to ANYTHING! PROVE IT.

They can't prove anything so they should come up gaining nothing and paying all expenses. I don't know the rationale of those that assumed in favor of public welfare, but they do a huge disservice to people engaged in legitimate activities.

I have heard comments on another thread offering an opinion that they don't care and don't participate and don't give a shit.

Well, this is exactly like that deal where they divide and conquer. You know how it goes, I don't hunt squirrels so I don't care. I don't hunt ducks so it's ok by me. I don't hunt bears, or trap raccoons so go ahead and ban all that stuff.

Then, when it comes to your ox to gore, there is nobody left to support your favorite activity and nobody gives a fuck.

So, I think it's bs to not worry about a small segment, as long as you aren't involved; go ahead and regulate a legal activity into oblivion, you could care less. You even agree with the bunny huggers, yeah it encourages cheating and some people are offended. But guess what, they don't like what you do, either. So, just wait. Maybe not this year or next year but your freedoms are being eroded with your help, by your silence.

First CA, then Kansas.....

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31351 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2014 05:27 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Again Leonard, very well said.
Posts: 1572 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 06, 2014 07:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, thanks Chad. I wonder how that leg hold ban is working out in AZ or Colorado? Oh well, I don't trap, so I don't care.

The thing is, what a complete waste of time to pass laws banning a friggin' coyote contest! Now, the inmates are firmly in charge of the asylum.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 06, 2014 08:23 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The trapping ban here in Az. is working well.
With our prolonged drought, coyote numbers are down in many areas and Joe Six-Pack in rural Phoenix or Tucson really doesn't notice much effect.
As we come out of the drought though, and into normal rainfall, prey species numbers will skyrocket and predator numbers will follow.
Then the prey numbers will crash, like they always do...........leaving a lot of hungry predators.
And trappers that sold all of their shit.

How's the Mountain Lion ban doing ??
That was the start of `Feel Good Wildlife Management`, wasn't it ??

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7522 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2014 07:54 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
I use to listen to a conservative local radio show host named Bob Mohan. He was real conservative on most issues but supported the trapping ban. His reasoning is he liked to go camping and was worried that his dog would get caught in a leg hold trap. WTF

The PETA folks also got cock fighting banned in a voter referendum.

When the AZ game and fish commission attempted to pass a contest ban, us varmint hunters were thrown under the bus by the various organizations such as the Rocky Mountain Elk foundation and Mule deer association. They wanted to get a voter referendum passed that would make passage of hunting restrictions tougher. Same divide and concour logic as CA.

Az isn't as conservative as I would like

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1922 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2014 05:27 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
The real problem is this crap is like Ebola and I am sure the rest of us on neighboring states will feel the fall out from this total BS law.

--------------------
Idiocracy. Started as a comedy and is now a documentary about the U.S.

Posts: 625 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2014 08:29 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
First CA, then Kansas.....
The PC police landed in Kansas not quite 20 years ago. There is a law on the books against the public display of a coyote carcass. Not an issue if you hunt with a conventional pickup as the sides of the bed protect you. However, if you hunt with a flat bed, as some hunters do, you need to figure out how you are going to cover up said coyote…stuffing them in a feed or grain sack, or covering them with a tarp, etc.

Games wardens will and do write tickets for this violation. Guess the impetus for this was the fact that some old blue haired ladies happened to be dining at the same café as some dog hunters that had the dead coyotes on top of the dog box.

Old ladies were offended, complained to local state representative, yada, yada, law is changed.

I see nothing ethically wrong with coyote contests, but LB is right in that we do need to guard against other hunters not caring until it lands in ‘their back yard’.

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2014 11:04 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, Tim. Unfortunately, the state's furharvesting group is just now progressing away from being a good ol' boys group and actually looking to do a few constructive things. I bailed on them twenty years ago when we were trying to get their support for a bill in the state legislature and I was told that they didn't see the need to make waves when the seas were already calm.

Personally, I am a firm believer in the philosophy that the worst time to try and build momentum is when you're in an uphill climb. When the seas are calm and no one is biting at your ass, that's the time to start introducing legislation that favors your side and schmoozing with legislators. Every bill you get passed is one more hurdle your opponent has to clear in trying to take you out. That's the strategy they use against us, so why not turn it back on them.

In other words, BE PROACTIVE, rather than REACTING to the world around you while you sit on your ass waiting for good shit to go your way.

[ December 08, 2014, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
coyotehunter
Member # 3282

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2014 08:05 AM      Profile for coyotehunter           Edit/Delete Post 
just to be clear, there is still trapping on private ground in Az. I have trapped down there and have friends who continue to trap. Lots of public land that is off limits. With the ban on trapping on the public ground the deeded areas hold good numbers and fill back in fast.
Posts: 55 | From: west | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2015 08:05 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Arizona Republic. 29 Dec. '14

Coyote-Hunting Contest Stirs Opposition In Nevada.

Activists branded the contest as unethical and say they will push for regulations to ban similar events in Nevada in the future.

Nevadans for Responsible Wildlife Management.

...............and so it continues.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7522 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2015 09:21 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
On this issue, I was a visionary.

First it was the lion moratorium, and we did not bend to their wishes, which was drop lions from our list of qualifying animals. And, we had jackasses like Struble who was against it and wanted to drop all recognition of lions, no pins, no trophys, no points on hunts. In other words, whimp out. I said no, but it required that we move our check in out of state, either AZ or NV. Well, he didn't like that so the Riverside club pulled out of the State Organization.

What we had to do, eventually was not publish any information about any event, just keep it confined to those concerned and with an interest. Of course, that doesn't help with people out to settle personal scores. That's predator hunters; one of the most insecure avocations imaginable. Or, maybe a better word: PETTY.

So, the message is, and one I postulated twenty years ago, STFU! There are more people against us than for us and even friends hurt us trying to placate those that cannot be placated.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit:
quote:
Activists branded the contest as unethical and say they will push for regulations to ban similar events in Nevada in the future.
My question: since when do we let people like that tell us what's ethical? Why do they have any say in our interests? This is what freedom is about. I have always cautioned against tyranny. This is when the majority impose their views on a minority. America is getting to be like that, more so every day.

[ January 04, 2015, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Fur_n_Dirt
So. Ariz. Zone Tech. Expert
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2015 05:49 PM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
I tell you, a few coyote competitions are not going wipe out any populations..

AZ published a few years back on their website that they expected about 30,000 coyotes killed in AZ per year..

From my observations, there's lots of coyotes in Southern AZ. So many, that they are entering our neighborhoods. My house is "in" town and I hear packs of coyotes howling on my street!

That tells me something..

--------------------
--- It's all simple if you know what you are doing ---

Posts: 437 | From: Tucson | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters