The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Doing calendars this year... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Doing calendars this year...
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted November 22, 2014 08:26 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
And you guys thought the beard was just a prop.
Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 23, 2014 05:49 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I always thought; Hey, there's Santa!

I've never understood facial hair but it's still a free country. The fu manchu was more better, if you want my opinion.

And, by the way, I am (still) totally impressed with your black powder elk, if I have not mentioned it before? That's quite a big deal, in my book.

koko, never fear. You forever remain my hero with your flowing white beard; and we all noticed the kool kokopelli tee shirt. It was a nice touch! I wanted to see how you kept it, (beard) out of the sprockets, but maybe next time?

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: I guess I better do something with your custom title?

[ November 23, 2014, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 23, 2014 07:56 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
A long time ago I razor burnt my chin once too often and said to myself "Self, this ain't gonna happen again". My daughter is 35 and has never seen me without a beard. At one time, it was really long.

I've had people cringe while watching me shoot but I'm yet to snag the beard in the bowstring. String comes straight back into the beard and straight back out again. I don't even think about it.
[Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 23, 2014 10:36 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you know the Roman Legionnaires were forced to be clean-shaven so that adversaries, in combat couldn't grab their beard and hurt them, and stab them and throw them to the ground and stomp on them, and have their way with them. I'm sure it became voluntary, once they thought about it.

Same here; why take a chance?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 23, 2014 12:07 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Bad guy grabs beard.
Good guy grabs holstered .380
Thus ends today's lesson in manners.

[Smile]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2014 07:55 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in for 1 of the next coyote calendars as well...

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2014 09:30 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take a coyote calendar too Dave.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2014 05:13 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't think to put TOM64 on my check but my name is Thomas Ramsey.

The check is in the mail. [Smile]

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2014 07:54 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I have not had any time to do anything about setting up a webpage for ordering.

So... If you'd like a 2015 Coyote Calendar, you can simply mail me a check for $23 to:

Dave Affleck
867 W. 2310 N.
West Bountiful, UT 84087

Or, if you would rather, you can pay with paypal, to daveslc at Hotmail dot com.

Thanks all!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2014 10:17 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, got the envelope all addressed up and will be sending you some money today. Man, I look forward to this coyote calendar, I really enjoyed the last one. Even though I know you live in Utah I keep forgetting that you are near where I went to high school. I'm a Woods Cross graduate and my wife is a Viewmont graduate. I spent a lot of time over there in West Bountiful. Used to hunt ducks a lot in the marsh near the dump and Farmington Bay. Man, that Bountiful area has changed a lot since I lived there many years ago. Kudo's to you for being able to survive that craziness down there. I think I see why you spend so much time in the southern part of the state.
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Aaron Rhoades
Member # 4234

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2014 05:49 PM      Profile for Aaron Rhoades           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, put me down for a coyote calendar. I just sent you money via paypal. Thanks.
Posts: 155 | From: Washington | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged
Joel Hughes
SPECIAL GUEST
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2014 04:06 PM      Profile for Joel Hughes           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, if I'm not too late I'd like one coyote and one muley calendar. I'll post on the muley thread too.
Posts: 145 | From: texas | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters