The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Sometimes, this shit just works... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Sometimes, this shit just works...
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2014 06:38 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave I don't mind. It's not like I go wanting where I live. Just ran across this video this morning. Perhaps it will give others a perspective as to why I'm pretty content.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_x-pZw-NCo

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted November 11, 2014 09:26 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Takitezy, tak it e zy.

All in good humor, and I'm sure Dave gets it. I do more blabbing than he does.

All I know is, I'm trying to organize an expedition, shortly.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2014 10:36 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully you all realize I'm not real serious about any of this and completely understand why Dave is withholding info. I do the same thing for most critters I hunt. I may not take it to the extreme about what "state", but that is about as specific as I get. [Smile]
Fur_n_Dirt
So. Ariz. Zone Tech. Expert
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2014 10:53 AM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice!

--------------------
--- It's all simple if you know what you are doing ---

Posts: 437 | From: Tucson | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2014 11:09 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
A little story for illustration purposes. When Tim Behle and I began to know one another, we were shooting the shit one day about "honey holes".Neither he nor I took much stock in "secret places", so we were both discussing the locations of some of our favorite spots. I was describing one out of the way location, where I almost always had multiples come in. Halfway thru my directions, Tim began to finish the story, describing to a "T", which two track got there and where to tuck the truck. He grinned after, and said he knew my exact spot, to the cluster of mesquite I sit in, for he found two .19 Calhoon casings where he placed his stool.
Never take yourself more serious than the subject; for every "secret" spot you have, there are a handful of guys that have the same feeling......about the SAME spot.
Most likely, any place we hunt, many were there before us, and many will walk those places after we are gone. Decent coyote hunters know the country and places that hold coyotes, the same gut feelings and understanding we have when we locate good calling country....that's what we do. There may be remote places we know of and hunt, but you can bet your bottom dollar someone else feels the same way about the same place.

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2014 11:42 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Troy, no worries here, at all.

Vic, I hunt only public land. There are no secrets. Like you said, all the serious guys know all the same spots. Hell, we ran into three other outfits calling the same area on Saturday. But! There are a lot of guys around me, that aren't willing to do the work to find the good places. They do not know them yet. And I'm not going to give them any clues if I can help it.

If I had $20 for every email or PM I've got asking me exactly what TR mentioned, "not looking for your honey holes, just would really help if you could give me a general area". Or, my favorite "I've been taking my son out and I'd really like for him to get a coyote, do you think you could point us towards a place we could get a few?". Anyway... If I had twenty bucks for every one of those, I could buy a new rifle.

After all the gas money and worn out vehicles and years and miles and effort I've put into finding those places for myself, I got zero sympathy for those guys.

Not to mention, that's what this game is about, in this country. If they don't actually ENJOY just getting out there and seeing what they can see and finding this stuff out for themselves, they aren't really going to like coyote hunting in Utah very much.

Anyway... It's all good. No problem here. Just a little explanation of why I am the way I am on this issue.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2014 12:08 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
The main reason I asked was if Dave is in Utah is because that is $650-700.00 worth county bounty laying there on the ground. Pretty decent money for not having to break out a skinning knife. If it's out of Utah he's got a lot of skinning work to do to make anything off of them...if he bothers to at all.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2014 12:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Vic, I believe I have sat in that same spot? Is there not a broken stool tossed in the bushes?

Anyway, the time I was there, and I couldn't find it again without help, we had a couple that just wouldn't expose themselves for a shot, unfortunately. Another 85%er?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Z
Knows what it's all about
Member # 303

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2014 03:15 PM      Profile for Z   Author's Homepage   Email Z         Edit/Delete Post 
Ursus, don't mean to hijack Dave's thread, but I know one of the areas you hunt and can describe it to a "T". Saw 10 coyotes there a couple of weeks ago while elk hunting and shot one.
Posts: 51 | From: Bluffdale, UT | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2014 04:10 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Hijacking is highly encouraged here Z [Big Grin] .

It's where all the most interesting stuff gets talked about. When threads go off in their own direction and conversation flows naturally.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2014 05:09 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Dave really great trip and some heavy duty coyotes. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Glad to hear your feeling better. I hate to hear of anybody being laid up.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2014 05:25 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If they don't actually ENJOY just getting out there and seeing what they can see and finding this stuff out for themselves, they aren't really going to like coyote hunting in
...anywhere very much.

+1

Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2014 06:58 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Kool..Mighty impressive Dave and Tim !!

Hell, I was layin' around feeling like crap, last weekend and watched one of your guys' videos. I enjoy you dudes..

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2014 08:47 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I took a guy from work out, once. He was an occasional bird hunter. We killed ten coyotes and I thought he might be impressed; but I didn't prompt him and he didn't offer. In fact, he didn't have anything to say, and I saw him virtually every day.

A lot of people talk about taking the new guy out, etc. To tell the truth, I'm not a big fan of taking a new guy out. Either they don't give a shit or they drill your area into the ground, then want/demand more spots, because your spots aren't producing anymore.

The other thing is, they are either lazy or they can't keep their mouths shut, even on stand, or you can't tell them anything; they already know because they read all about it, on Predator Masters!

And, some of them think they are on an all expense paid, guided hunt. Sometimes I feel like it's not worthwhile, especially if you have to watch them on gun safety, etc.

Oh well.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: on the other hand, it is very obvious when you have a candidate with "the fever". These guys really stand out. I imagine knockdown Fred exhibited that kind of "glow" upon introduction. Right, Kelly?

edit: then there was the big shot executive with ABC. We were cooking dinner in an abandoned horse stable and this guy was totally grossed out because we were standing in horse shit.

[ November 11, 2014, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2014 06:16 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard you are turning into an old curmudgeon. There are still some good people out there that appreciate being introduced to a new type of hunting.

Z, ha, sure you don't. [Big Grin]

Z
Knows what it's all about
Member # 303

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2014 07:02 AM      Profile for Z   Author's Homepage   Email Z         Edit/Delete Post 
Ursus, how about Willow Creek Cemetery?
Posts: 51 | From: Bluffdale, UT | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2014 07:17 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
I know where that is, but I've never hunted it. I'm not even sure who owns the land around it. I'm not sure where you got your information, but your are off by quite a few miles as to where I actually hunt coyotes. Sounds to me like you are basing your knowledge on hearsay. My guess is from some teenage kid that "thinks" they know where I hunt.
Chris S
"SPECIAL ACCOUNT" HM's Facebook page moderator & runs with scissors
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2014 08:33 AM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
That's a nice pile of coyotes, good work. Great pictures as always.
Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters