The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Another SWAT Team Thread

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another SWAT Team Thread
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2014 02:35 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/06/swat-team-dresses-up-as-superheroes-for-kids_n_6107852.html

You guys might want to watch the video.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2014 02:27 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey that was a pretty cool/neat thing to do for those kids.

Way to go guys, however, personally I was looking for Wonder Woman, man o man when I was a teenager, I was in love with Linda Carter. [Smile]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2014 02:29 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I kinda lusted for ISIS.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2014 05:02 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
....and I'm too old for "super heroes". Just like I really don't get this "Transformers" stuff? The guys that played with the little toys now spend money at Transformer movies. For free, I wouldn't waste my time.

Yes, I read comic books when I was a kid. At the time it was Combat Kelly and Blackhawk, maybe Batman and Robin but Superman was beyond my purview. I used to collect divider cards that came in Shredded Wheat. They had neat stuff about somebody called Straight Arrow. Sergeant Preston of the Yukon was big on the radio.

Batman wasn't some mentally disturbed weirdo, in the comic books I remember? The Blackhawks were kind of an international group of jet pilots. Which reminds me of Terry and The Pirates. I never quite knew what they did, but the really interesting TV was serials about BULLDOG DRUMMON, (a Naval officer) constantly fighting evil Chinese warlords.

Early TV, Space Cadets, Crusader Rabbit was only five minutes but I would leave dinner w watch it. Then there was koko's favorite; Kukla, Fran and Ollie. Don't even ask what that was about. Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts, sponsored by Lipton Tea. Test Patterns.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS the comic books I left behind in the attic when the family moved to Kalifornia would be worth a small fortune, today; along with the tin can full of fake jewels buried in the back yard.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2014 01:54 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Kukla, Fran & Ollie ??????

Weren't they in silents before talking pictures ???

Way before my time.
[Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2014 02:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
...I SAID, DON'T ASK!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters