The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » censorship

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: censorship
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted November 04, 2014 09:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
An agreement has been made and I am forced to delete a couple of threads as a result. Normally, I hate editing content but I appreciate the suggestion as a way to terminate an ugly situation.

I would appreciate folks abiding by my agreement, no more reference, good or bad. Thank you for your forbearance and understanding. I appreciate and value every single member and consider all of you my personal friends.

Lastly, to whom it may concern, thanks for the offer, it is truly appreciated.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: PS you can respond here, if it suits you but please make no reference to anyone on any other board or I will have to delete it. Fair enough?

[ November 04, 2014, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31371 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Fur_n_Dirt
So. Ariz. Zone Tech. Expert
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2014 11:58 AM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe this was the last forum on the web that wouldnt remove content to politics or whatever u call it.

But I understand..

--------------------
--- It's all simple if you know what you are doing ---

Posts: 437 | From: Tucson | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2014 02:34 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Since the thread removal is apparently a two way street and the parties involved are not likely to kiss and make-up any time soon, this solution seems to be for the best.
Time to end it is long over due.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7535 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chris S
"SPECIAL ACCOUNT" HM's Facebook page moderator & runs with scissors
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2014 02:46 PM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit! It's the only sunshine in my day!
K0k0, I left you a cool link in your pm's on other board not to be mentioned.

Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2014 03:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, a suggestion offered by the other side that was a welcome gesture, certainly.

And, that's true. We have to self censor, that name cannot be mentioned, even cutely. Even a heads up about PMs over there could be a violation. We could both be fined, for God's sake! Have mercy!

Otherwise, Dominus Vobiscum, eccum spiritito tuo, and Oramous. Go forth and sin no more.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2014 04:11 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Photo / link didn't work.
A triple with a bow ??????
I'd have to see it to believe it.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7535 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chris S
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2014 04:48 PM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
triple coyote: http://youtu.be/dcQIochJjVQ
Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2014 05:19 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched it. Still not sure I believe it? One thing that bothers me is the sound. What looks like a normal compound bow, but it sounds more like a dart gun or something?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2014 05:39 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounded normal to me?

Rarely watch these things, but this one has been getting posted everywhere lately so I finally got curious.

Cool cucumber there. And quite an illustration of the potential advantage a suppressor might give when dealing with multiples?

Wonder if the hunter and camera man knew they had more than one at first?

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Fur_n_Dirt
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2014 06:14 PM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been archery for ever.. Looks authentic ..

Shows how powerful a broadhead is..

--------------------

Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2014 06:14 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
This isn't the first time my input has been censored, or deleted (*here and/or elsewhere on the 'net).

But, what the heck, it is what it is... I've made my bed so I'll sleep in it, again.

I appreciate any and all kind words, spoken on my behalf, as this matter wound down. [Wink]

I'm gonna crawl back under my rock for a while, now, I think I need a break...

Be good people, people. [Cool]

Krusty

[ November 05, 2014, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Krustyklimber ]

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2014 08:40 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Smithers; 3 w/a stick..... I'm impressed !!!!!!

Krusty; [Cool]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2014 08:57 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
another angle:

-

edit: Krusty, help me out. I am banned over there so I can't know if they are complying but I'm trusting his word. Whatever you are referring to, spit it out, especially if there is something on HM that needs to be addressed.

[ November 04, 2014, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2014 09:41 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know Lb, several things come to mind with that last picture....somewhere in the back of my mind I think "DAMN!!!!", but the ol' curmudgeon I feel I have become makes me feel I need to warn about 'string burn'.....go figure.

Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chris S
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2014 04:59 AM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
The Guy in the video originally posted it on.the Michigan Bowhunter page on Facebook. He said they saw a total of seven throughout the day.I personally think they saw the same 3 or 4 at different times but that's just me.Judging by the reaction of the 2nd coyote, when the first one was hit, it had no clue what was going on.
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2014 08:09 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice form !!!!

[Razz]

--------------------

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2014 08:20 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard wins the Internet for a day, awarded for "best photo hijack of a thread"...

-

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted November 05, 2014 08:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Form, you say?

I dunno?

First, are they "real"?

Second, how cold is it?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2014 08:45 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Well I'm happy we ended this turf war on a higher playing field than it started. The fact that us hunters cannot get along has always bothered me. I cannot say this for sure since I don't hang with them, but I don't see the anti hunters, the anti gunners, and the peta folks fighting like this amongst themselves.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Fur_n_Dirt
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2014 11:13 AM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad my boss didn't walk by when I brought this thread up at lunch! Shit!

LB if u must know, no they are not real. Lol

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2014 11:15 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Rod, I have been active in several different clubs with a focus on "varmints" and for some reason, that category has always been combative and a lot of jealousy. It might be because of the contests, but the various clubs have always been clannish.

So, kind of self explanatory. Not really something to be proud of, I guess?

But, there may be interesting news, forthcoming.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2014 12:38 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, they look real............real expensive. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Fur_n_Dirt
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2014 03:46 PM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
You get what u pay for..

--------------------

Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2014 06:52 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

E-mail sent, so as to abide by the "rule" that we not make further mention of the events in question.

There is nothing that need be addressed, on my behalf. The above post has been edited to reflect this.

Thanks

Krusty

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters