The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » programing note: Shark of Darkness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: programing note: Shark of Darkness
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2014 03:38 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Talked about this program a while back. It is rerun on Animal Planet at 5:00 today. I'm totally intimidated by sharks, especially white sharks. Is it safe to go back in the water? Maybe.

Watch it and tell me it's fake. If it is they went to a lot of trouble hyping it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2014 03:43 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
All the new shark stuff is fake. Just like the mermaid crap that was hyped last year.

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2014 03:47 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not going to watch it.

But I'll tell you it's fake.

It's on the Discovery channel. It's fake.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2014 03:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's an enlightened position.

The least you could do is watch it with a preordained opinion. Then tell me how they did it.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS I understand about the bullshit on that channel and do not disagree. However....

edit: watch it for laughs!

[ October 28, 2014, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2014 05:59 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Fair enough!

But, really, all the shark stuff and mermaid stuff and wolfs with long term goals and noble intentions on that channel, it's not just "kind of fake" or "embellished". It is pure, 100%, fiction.

It really is. There's not even a slight shred of truth or credibility to it. The scientists and biologist and gov't spokesman, all actors, all acting. Not one grain of truth to it.

The fact that they package it as "documentary" or science or even reasonable speculation is just despicable. I wont' watch their crap.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2014 06:41 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree with your post Dave.That's exactly how I feel about the man made Climate Change hype too. Tug at peoples emotional or fear heart strings. And then make em pay and totally cash in.

Good Hunting Chad

[ October 28, 2014, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2014 06:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not defending the channel. Truth is, I hardly ever watch it, I know it's pap, for the most part but this particular thing began during shark week and I'm a total chickenshit on sharks. (read: gullible) If that show was complete fabrication they should lose their broadcast license.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2014 09:50 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=17533
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2014 10:00 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I watched it..again. Yep, its fake. Lame special effects and cameras everywhere conveniently catching all the action.

Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2014 10:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I concede.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2014 04:25 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Them sharks is real !!!!!
They be real smart, too.
The reason them researchers can't find them is because they hides in fresh water rivers.
We was catfishin' in the Gila River one night and fell asleep. When we waked up them sharks had done drank all our liker.

Somebody prove me wrong.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters