The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Kalifornia Water ? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Kalifornia Water ?
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2014 09:58 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Funny, Dave. The desert was pretty dry in eastern Oregon, no doubt, but there was also a lot of standing water where I went hunting over there last month. A lot of that country relies on snowfall rather than rain, tho.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2014 10:34 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Moe the snowpack is crucial for spring runoff to fill those reservoirs in those arid area's.

It's been about two month's since, I've checked. But, Owyhee-Bully Creek-Malhuer and Warm Springs reservoirs were basically dry.

The hardest impacted area's I'm aware of is the country hugging the Idaho border. Vale-Nyssa-Ontario-Adrian for example.

I'm not 100% sure, but, I think those guys around Burns and such, all irrigate off of wells ?

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2014 08:22 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mark, we were talking about this @ work the other day & wondering, what the situation was.

Any updates on the dry wells & such ?

[ December 12, 2014, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2014 02:34 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Same Dave, lot of wells will be dry for sometime. Not sure what the solution will be for those households.
We need mucho rain and snow to get where we need to be. This weeks rain caused a lot of havoc but we needed it. Looks like were going to get a bit more next week.

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2014 03:15 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark, was kinda wondering if drilling deeper was even an option ? if not that sounds like a huge problem.

Kinda funny about a week after starting this thread, a farmer from northern Nevada came up to get some parts. Oravada to be exact. I made mention of this to him and he'd heard about the situation down there.

He mentioned they'd had to drill some of their wells deeper and he has concerns about the Aquifer there.

Well hope you guys keep gettin' weather even if it is a pain for some.

We got that Arctic blast a month ago, close to a foot of snow and a few night's below zero. Lasted about 9-10 days and it's warmed up with rain every so often. It was 57 degrees yesterday @ 8am..Huh ??? That was basically the high.

Weird...

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters