The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Hey Smithers;

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey Smithers;
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2014 03:15 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings from sunny Az.
My fuzzy little brain seems to remember that you once mentioned doing a kettlebell routine.
Passing fad or something worthwhile to stick with ??
Am I correct in assuming that it's more cardio than strength ??
I have a chance to get a Gold's 5/20 lb. adjustable at the standard give-away price for used equipment.

Thanx !!
[Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chris S
"SPECIAL ACCOUNT" HM's Facebook page moderator & runs with scissors
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2014 04:34 PM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I do use kettlebells. Started using them because my brother talked me into it like 8 years ago. It is a very good all around workout. Cardio and strength (depending on what weight you use). I would suggest going to dragondoor.com for some very good info and great workouts.
It certainly helps with grip strength and core. It's the only working out I do. Start out with 25-30 lbs and work your way up.
Prepare to sweat from your eye sockets and it might even make your fingernails sweat.
Bent press, swings, bottoms up press, snatches (my favorite) clean and press etc. Keep it simple, you'll notice a difference in 2 weeks.
Edit: forgot to add Turkish get-ups! Love those too!

[ October 29, 2014, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Chris S ]

Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2014 05:33 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds obscene, to my fertile imagination?

Of course, many big words sound obscene. My finger strength is improving using keyboardio.

Never mind. El Bee

edit: game 7 is tied 2-2 top of fourth
oops, SF 3-2

[ October 29, 2014, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2014 08:27 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
OK..............Thanx !!!!

[Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chris S
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2014 04:32 PM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
That was the long answer.
The short answer is yes. And go ahead and buy the kettle bell, you won't be disappointed.

[ October 30, 2014, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Chris S ]

Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2014 08:14 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Got it.
[Eek!]
Like it !!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2014 06:23 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just bothered by images of koko with his flowing white beard caught up in levers, pulleys and springs. PLEASE BE CAREFUL !

Please. Let a responsible party know when you begin a workout and when you plan on ending. This could be like the poor old lady that went over a cliff in her Volvo and spent days before she found her cell phone and texted her parole officer.

We need pictures engaging with the apparatus. Hard to envision? (fully clothed)

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chris S
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2014 03:15 PM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, it's the simplest workout implement you can use. A giant ball with a handle on it. No levers, pulleys or bars.
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2014 08:27 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Not to worry, El Bee;
If I can pull a bowstring into the `flowing white beard` and release it without problems, pulleys & levers are no big thing.

[Cool]

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters