The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » The laws only apply to some people

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The laws only apply to some people
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2014 12:47 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
This cracks me up, but everyone knows some people are above the law if they are in a hurry to get somewhere.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=865734943446260

http://www.kirotv.com/videos/online/video-speeding-officers-caught-on-camera/vCwzTR/

[ October 18, 2014, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2014 01:01 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
This dirtbag or turd really displays the image of integrity.

Trooper accused of stealing from dying motorcyclist

http://blog.ctnews.com/newsdesk/2014/07/16/trooper-admits-to-stealing-from-dying-motorcyclist/#25134101=2

--------------------

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2014 01:06 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
The dirtbag should have gotten the maximum sentence of ten years.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2014 01:34 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
There have been crooked cop since badges have been issued, use to be when a cop got caught, we all thought they just BBQ'd his ass. Now with union(?) support it seems like until they really fukup the worst thing that happens is 2 weeks paid vacation. But recently (yesterday)a Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper was fired and arrested for raping at least 3 Oklahoma women when he traded sex in exchange for NOT writing them tickets. One woman says he flat out raped her and the news reporter said several more unconfirmed allegations are being looked at. (news9.com) for the link

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2014 03:12 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There have been crooked cop since badges have been issued, use to be when a cop got caught, we all thought they just BBQ'd his ass. Now with union(?) support it seems like until they really fukup the worst thing that happens is 2 weeks paid vacation. But recently (yesterday)a Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper was fired and arrested for raping at least 3 Oklahoma women when he traded sex in exchange for NOT writing them tickets. One woman says he flat out raped her and the news reporter said several more unconfirmed allegations are being looked at. (news9.com) for the link
Sickening. There was one like this in Nevada a while back as well.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2014 05:04 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly so many leo's get a bad rap, kinda like many Catholic priest do.

--------------------

Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted October 19, 2014 09:49 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Before moving here to Oregon I lived in Wenatchee for over 5 years. Every Spring they have the Apple Blossom Festival and people come from all over to attend. The last year I lived there the state troopers and every cop on or off duty was sent to ambush people leaving the festival with a no tolerance policy. Even one MPH over the limit got you pulled over. I was driving home from Portland and counted 17 cars pulled over.

During the festival there are usually no rooms or camping spots available but the following year motels and campgrounds were like ghost towns. The cops were used as tax collectors and caused the local economy to suffer a severe blow. Nice to see equality under the law.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted October 19, 2014 10:30 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
1,2,3 mph over the limit is ridiculous IMO. Just how freaking accurate are speedometers and radar guns?

In that case the cops were being used to shake down the people.

I get tickled when you hear about the lady officer in FL, I think she was/is State police and she went after the off duty cop driving like a freaking maniac speeding and such, putting unknown numbers of people in danger because again he was late for his other job.

I don't seem to remember hearing about these issues being a matter of public safety when they are going 30 mph over the speed limit, just a bit of embarrassment is all.

You or I may go to jail, need to hire a lawyer, pay huge legal fees and court cost, insurance rates go up, perhaps loose our jobs. Yet, with the chosen few, they "may" get a phone call telling the group to slow down, they can still break the law, just not so blatantly.

Why would any Joe sixpack citizen ever feel bitter? After all we are the USA "with liberty and justice for all". (sarcasm)

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 19, 2014 11:21 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting post Moe. Sometime in early May my cousin was headed from here to Portland. He said between Pendleton and Portland, about 200 miles, he counted 23 vehicles pulled over counting both the eastbound and westbound lanes.

Not sure what was going on that weekend ? Now' some might scoff @ those numbers. 200 miles of freeway in some places, there's a lot going on.

If you've ever driven from Pendleton to Portland, you'd know there isn't much out there.

Then again, I went to central Oregon (Prineville) over Memorial Day weekend, and didn't see one cop, going there and back. Same thing in late July.

Go figure ?

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted October 19, 2014 08:53 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Before my labrador retriever died I drove out to Boardman and Pendelton a lot to hunt waterfowl and upland birds. You're right. Not much out that way which gives people the idea that they can floor it. Both Oregon and Washington have task forces that put a lot of cops on certain highways at certain times. One day there's a cop every half mile and the next there's none to be found.

Washington state troopers have a sneaky way of patrolling. They send a car out and then have another car about 1/2 mile back as a trailer. On those long stretches of open highway people see a cruiser and figure the cop's gone by then speed up only to be caught by the trailer.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 20, 2014 09:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Long time ago, I got a taste of Washington troopers. We could hear conversation on the CB, they hid behind a bridge abutment with just the radar sticking out and were pulling people over for 3 MPH, and in some cases, 8-10 cars lined up awaiting their ticket on the side of the road. Not me, in a RV I was just cruising and observing, but it made a lasting impression on this kid. Total pricks. Apparently, no shame, no guilt whatsoever? Yeah, and they appear exempt from speed limits. Disgusting.

My brother-in-law, a Lt in the L.A County Sheriff's was the worst driver I have ever ridden with; except for Higgins. But, while his is due to inattentiveness, what Duane did was deliberate and rude.

There is no doubt in my mind that L.E. (in general) do not respect the laws they are tasked with enforcing. Okay, I know, not all; but enough that the average citizen is justifiably resentful.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31472 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters