The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Get'ner Done!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Get'ner Done!
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2014 07:12 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
So last week the itch to get out and do some hunting and fishing just got to be too much to bear. So I just had to scratch that itch. I have a couple rancher friends that are having a lot of trouble with coyotes and I was more than happy to help them out.

I'm pretty sure the fall colors right now and cooler temperatures have a lot to do with that itch. Here's a nice little piece of property I have permission to coyote hunt on.
 -

Called in a pair and was able to get the male on the ground last Wednesday.
 -

I had so much fun Wednesday after work I decided to give it another go Thursday after work. Wow, what a great decision. I called up 6 coyotes and put 5 of them on the ground.
First stand produced this double.
 -

I got a double on the next stand, and then a single on the last stand. Three stands and dead coyotes on all of the. How often does that happen?
 -

Took Friday off to watch my son's football game. Saturday I spent the morning trying to fill my antelope tag. I was not successful. Around 10am I went and helped a friend cut wood for his winter supply. Before I left I asked if I could fish on his place for a half hour or so. I'm glad I asked. The scenery alone is worth the price of admission.
 -

The fishing was great as well. Landed this hawg of a rainbow. I call him a two-hander because he's too big to get one hand around.
 -

Also got this great 21.5" brown. Had he had the girth of the rainbow I might have had a new taxidermy bill.
 -

I spent the rest of the afternoon chasing around a specific antelope buck. I burned a lot of calories but no gun powder. Things just didn't come together. It doesn't help that he has 20 does with him. That is a lot of eyes to beat. Hopefully he will make a mistake this week and I hope to be there when he does. Stay tuned. [Smile]

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2014 07:24 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
GREAT POST, TROY !

Makes me green with envy!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31418 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2014 07:29 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too! Awsome Troy.

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2014 07:35 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
That rainbow is a hawg, Troy. Nice one.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2014 05:57 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic pics Troy. Beautiful country.

What were you shooting those coyotes with?

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2014 03:21 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
If I lived there I'd find it difficult to go to work. too much real stuff to do!
Thanks for sharing your good times.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2014 04:13 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
^^^^Ditto^^^^^
[Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7565 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2014 04:52 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Always enjoy your posts, Ursus!
You are blessed!!!

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2014 06:48 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Paul you have no idea how hard it is to come into work some days. I'm just grateful that a lot of this stuff is close enough to where I work and live, that I can enjoy it on more than just the weekends.
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2014 05:43 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
ursus21, great pictures, as usual. Thanks for sharing them.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters