The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » food for thought

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: food for thought
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted October 12, 2014 02:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Read an article earlier, mostly a bitch about how Obama is fucking up the whole country, etc.

But one thing resonated with me. The lowering of the voting age to 18. Then, guess who votes for "Hope and Change" and give me free ESB Card and make weed legal. Turns out, originally, they had wanted to restrict voting privileges to those that owned property. Eventually, we got females and now kids that have their own motivation, and they probably have yet to pay a tax bill?

Pretty much, up to that point, everything has been given to them and they have earned nothing on their own. But, they have been pumped full of Liberal ideas by their teachers. And, everybody thought it was a great idea to give them the vote.

What the hell were we thinking?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2014 07:48 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Several years ago I was in a conversation with a biologist with the MO Dept. of Conservation and we were talking about the animal rights movement. He brought up the subject of demographics and how they mostly targeted young people. To illustrate my point, I reminded him that in 1986, the Colorado Div. of Wildlife's "Human Dimensions Unit" was successful in outlawing trapping in that state, due in large part to who they questioned. The study specifically asked for the youngest person in the home over 18 years of age.

The reason this is done is the same as why animal rights groups, and for that matter, the military, target the 18-24 demographic - because at that age, we do not have a consciousness of consequences. We are mentally malleable, skulls full of mush (as Rush would say) and very likely to jump on the bandwagon for any emotional subject that presets itself.

For the AR crowd, it's about humanizing animals and eliciting an emotional response.

For the military, it's about dehumanizing the enemy to make it easier to get our guys to kill their guys. Try to convince a fat, bald 50 year old fart like me to go wipe out an entire culture for no more reason than their politicians disagree with our politicians. Good luck with that. Young people don't have enough life experience to ask the important questions, starting with, "Really,.. why?"

Fact is, age usually leads to experience which leads to developing critical thinking skills and a sense of objectivity, as opposed to subjectivity. We live in a culture where the government has done so much for these people that they are not forced to get the experience that makes then critical thinkers. Wheter black, or eight years old, when the government gives you one option and a bullshit story to support it with the covenant that you will not be allowed to question the mighty Oz, you learn to go along to get along. Why do you think we're making our kids eat whole grain crackers and fruit bars when they want pizza and chips for their school lunch. Moochelle says it's about healthy eating. Anyone with eyes and a functioning brain see it for what it is - the government is teaching our kids to follow the leader like sheeple by starting with something as natural as eating. My daughter doesn't eat at school and their new policy is that they aren't even allowed to bring their own lunch now. eat what the school provides, or not at all. Too bad. I was gonna send her lunch bag with a pound of fried bacon and a can of Old Milwaukee Light.

As you are so find of saying, "We's fucked", just like the government wants us to be.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters