The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » getting ready for trip. (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: getting ready for trip.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2014 05:12 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
They closely monitor this site, that's for sure.

You may not know this but I have known Danny for a long time, we went to high school together. El Monte Union High School.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2014 07:07 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember you having a discussion with Danny at either the old California Varmint hunters or California predators club site and you saying that.

I lived in China when I started high school but came back to the states in time to graduate from West Covina High. I went to Mt San Antonio College for a while then went to USF.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2014 08:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, (umm) to my everlasting embarrassment, one time Danny mentioned, (in a group of club members) that he was actually afraid of me, in high school. He said I had the reputation of a "bad ass"?

Ok, maybe I was a bit rowdy? I did box golden gloves, but, you know, everybody does stupid shit in high school. For sure, Danny was on the shy side and I was a year older. He might have felt compelled to hug the wall in the hallways, or risk getting stuffed in a locker, like Napoleon Dynamite?

Other than that, I'd like to stuff that twerp, Dan, (the man) in a friggin' wall locker! lol That'd be fun!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2014 08:57 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a pretty big guy but the only thing I've ever boxed was groceries.

This trip we're on is way too short to be living our lives as bitter people. I hunt and fish for enjoyment not for the approval of anyone else. I always thought these sites were places people of like mind could come to have a pleasant discussion of topics of interest to all of us. Guys needle and joke because that's what we do but a few just get mean and that's uncalled for.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2014 04:28 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Fer Chrissakes, time for another pic....
 -

Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2014 05:10 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Skinning off a swing set ? Sweet !!

Post more pic's if you guys got 'em.

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2014 06:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's Kabloomer's first bobcat. That's the guest of honor, the one everybody came to see, looking at the camera. Kokopelli, or Richard Roop, as some call him.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Fur_n_Dirt
So. Ariz. Zone Tech. Expert
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2014 06:56 PM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
More pics, please. :-)

[ October 22, 2014, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Fur_n_Dirt ]

--------------------
--- It's all simple if you know what you are doing ---

Posts: 437 | From: Tucson | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2014 07:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on! Aren't you one of the guys that had better things to do? I'm getting excoriated concerning the low turnout by the assholes at PP, and you guys want pictures. That's all we took, sorry!

....Sorry, couldn't help myself. I'll get over it, but you better not let me down NEXT YEAR ! And, the rest, you know who you are. This is total bullshit!

Next campout will have a one year advance, and a thousand dollar deposit, refunded 100% when you show up. You in?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2014 09:00 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Treebark? Neat:)

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2014 07:03 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Koko had all the gear emblazoned on his body. Started off with a Weems hat, and a kokopelli tee shirt when first arrived then a smooth transition to various camouflage.....although, come to think of it, I never saw him actually leave camp? Oh well, he did manage with the bunny since there was nobody home when he arrived. Think of "it" as similar to the black blow up lamb that Higgins used to bring to campouts. I even asked if I could keep it but; No way!

So, we had an informal meeting and kinda decided to announce the next ronde WELL in advance. Paul is okay with his property as headquarters and let me tell you, it is BY FAR the best location in over ten years and four (or possibly five) different locations.

So far, every campout has been in October but we are strongly considering January, and "Melching Acres" is above 5,000 ft. elevation, so bring your long johns.

I'm telling you, rather than the wishful thinking of the PP assholes, this will be an event you won't want to miss. Those that missed this one, did miss out. You know, fuck the hunting, it's about the meet and greet and these are some quality people worth getting to know, in person.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2014 08:19 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, TreeBark or TigerStripe. Two of my favorite patterns. Camo is a whole package concept.....not just the latest fashion pattern.

As I remember.........the wabbit was at Stately Bosinski Manor the whole time and those weren't rabbit distress sounds that we were hearing all night long. [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2014 10:28 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, t'was a tender moment, for which I shall always be in your debt.

I have never owned tiger stripe? Great for the jungle but in the Colorado desert, not so much.

One time I was with two other guys on a club hunt and we were near Amboy and Bagdad. Our strategy was to split up and make three stands at the same time, so this one time, I had a coyote round the base of the hill I was sitting on and immediately swap ends, unfortunately, on my bad side and he disappeared around the bend...but what the hell does that have to do with the subject at hand?

Anyway, I walked down to the road for my pickup and just stood there, wearing the three color desert pattern. The first pass, I sorta thought they were either fooling around, or had decided to drive up the road for some unknown reason? Of course, on a contest hunt, this is counterproductive, so I just waited for them to return.

Which they did in less than five minutes, and they kept on driving! Too late, I was waving and walking much closer to the road and when they came back the third time, I had to scream at them before they slammed on the brakes!

Honest to god, they never saw me, three times I was standing there in the open, and THEY WERE LOOKING FOR ME !

That's how good the three color day desert pattern performs in our southern Kalifornia desert.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2014 10:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what these things are, but I wear them every day, out in the yard? My bird likes to take a bite out of them every chance he gets, when I'm not looking.

-

edit: meet Pinky, my Moluccan

-

-

[ October 23, 2014, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2014 12:07 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't the old `chocolate chip` pattern get phased out in favor of the newer desert pattern ???
Definitely an old classic.

[Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2014 12:46 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
I have wanted to come to one of these since the first one that required the 300 coyote aunty.
Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2014 02:32 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Bryan, that was a rude suggestion by somebody, that never went anywhere.

Koko, yes, they did a different version, I think they called it chocolate chip, but I like the older. There's always something "new and improved" coming out; with the same motivation as selling attractive fishing lures to the fishermen. $$

But, getting back to the Bryan comment, you better believe that everybody shared with Kabloomer and his first bobcat, for instance. I actually believe that when you get the old timers together, there ain't much to talk about?

So, as with my grandson showing up at the campout, he might have been the only one that hasn't killed a whole bunch of coyotes, having spent the past eight years in the military. But I don't think anybody felt like he didn't belong?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2014 03:32 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron was the MAN. Russ had him by 6 inches and 40 pounds, but he was the only one to down 2 burgers.

ETA: The camp potlickers were totally cool with that.

[ October 23, 2014, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: jimanaz ]

Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2014 04:00 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
Please do not take my comment as derogatory. As I recall at the time and in context it was kind of funny.

I have known that I would have been welcomed at each one. Coyote hunting has just taken a back seat to the kids and the farm. I will make it one of these years.

Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2014 04:36 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you do!

It's too bad that living takes precedence, but that's the way it works. Say hi to Heather for me.

Good hunting El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Fur_n_Dirt
So. Ariz. Zone Tech. Expert
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2014 06:20 PM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I ask for pics and you give me pinky.. Fair enough..

Wanted to see if I missed out, probably did!

My kid took first place in the flathead kids derby that weekend. It's no coyote, but good times well!

-

--------------------
--- It's all simple if you know what you are doing ---

Posts: 437 | From: Tucson | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Duckdog
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2014 06:44 PM      Profile for Duckdog           Edit/Delete Post 
That's a good lookin' fish!
Congrats to your son!!

Leonard, those "shoes" are called crocs, and the little holes in them are where your dignity leaks out... [Wink] LOL! [Smile]

Posts: 205 | From: Ks | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged
Duckdog
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2014 07:18 PM      Profile for Duckdog           Edit/Delete Post 
That was just a joke by the way...
Saw it on one of those "demotivational posters".

Posts: 205 | From: Ks | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged
KaBloomR
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2014 03:45 AM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
 -

--------------------
"It always gets a helluva lot worse before it gets any better"

Posts: 302 | From: Utah | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2014 08:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Duckdog - I found that out by turning them over, it's printed on the bottom=Crocks. (a lady friend bought them for me) I used to hate them but am now well into habitual to the point I am considering another pair.

That looks like a good eating size catfish? I only ate catfish once, at a campout a few years back. Ragn Cagn brought and cooked for everybody. I'm not much of a fish eater, but it was surprisingly good.

KaBloomer, that is a funny pictorial thing if you forget about the logic? See, you have penguins at the South Pole, (which is called Antarctica) and you have Polar Bears up at the Arctic-The North Pole, where Santa's Workshop is? And, it's unlikely the two would ever meet.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters