The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Up to speed on Ebola. Interesting (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Up to speed on Ebola. Interesting
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted October 05, 2014 11:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2014/10/04/how-ebola-sped-out-of-control/

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31407 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2014 02:33 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, they kept the Africanized Honey Bee from spreading so I'm sure that we're perfectly .....safe..... No.......wait........never mind.

[Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7557 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2014 02:40 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Its just a JV desease...no worries.

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2014 07:38 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps they should just redirect all the incoming flights to NY from Liberia to Afghanistan or one of those other peaceful nations in the middle east. Let Ebola take a turn on those terrorist.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2014 10:42 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The African Fruit Bat was also blamed for spreading the A.I.D.S. virus. That was in the late 1970's. Not that it matters, but I still say the cause of the A.I.D.S. virus was from Cannibalism! Several native Africans are who told me so and believe it or not but cannibalism is still alive and well in Central West Africa. And where is the Ebola Virus thought to have originated? The World Health Origination is full of shit along with the UN and the whores who preach their never ending line of crap.

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 06:52 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZs1V8mpcoY

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 08:25 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a visionary, but I have been concerned about ebola for MANY years. It's just about the scariest disease imaginable.

They were always puzzled by the outbreaks, hundreds of miles away, maybe years later?

I don't know about Chimps or bats or cannibalism? But my theory about how it spreads, is not step by step proximity, but by birds.

And, as far as I am concerned, Obama is a total idiot for allowing ANYBODY into the country with symptoms. BUT.

I would not put it past him, to use this as a diversionary measure, to take the heat off. I think everybody now knows he is criminally incompetent. All he does is talk. If you can talk about an issue, it goes away; POOF ! Another fucking speech, that should do it!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 10:01 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Not concerned about ebola, at all. Can just barely give a shit. Well, actually, no, I can't give a shit at all. I just tried, couldn't work up even a faint concern...

Hell, it's barely getting the start of a toehold in Africa where they eat their own shit.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 10:08 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
WORD
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 10:14 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Gotta go with Dave on this one.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 10:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, I wonder if you fully appreciate how "retro" is Africa and Africans? Well, that's not technically correct since they are not regressing. They have never progressed and are stuck in a time warp. Only one generation out of the jungle. Check out Rwanda, if you want to see how far removed they are from civilization.

A growth industry is tearing down perfectly sound buildings just to salvage what they call, "zinc" and we would call corrugated metal roofing material. In South Africa, they won't use government built "Long Drop" outhouses, preferring to shit in the same stream they, (or others) wash their clothes in. Dating is a form of ambush and rape; and a sure way to cure AIDS is sex with an infant.

But, the biggest farce is malaria. We could cut the million or so deaths every year by a huge factor, but we don't. Instead, we give the lucky ones mosquito nets. If we sprayed with DDT, that would control mosquitoes but the friggin' "Silent Spring" envirowackos want to save raptors at the expense of humans. Not that we couldn't save both, but there is no compromise with wackos.

So, twenty dollars for a net, versus twenty dollars worth of banned DDT which could protect thousands. Do the math.

I'm not overly sympathetic towards Africans, but just like AIDS, these things migrate from primitive cultures to sophisticated civilization. Might as well be Black Plague, and you know how many that killed. At some point, it kinda makes sense to pay it some attention.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 11:02 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, that's more or less my point. Ebola isn't exactly spreading like wildfire even in countries where they go out of their way to exchange body fluids with anyone and everyone including sick and/or dead people.

The case in Dallas, is perfect illustration of why ebola just ain't got a chance of doing diddly squat in the US. It's too hard to transmit and too easy to isolate. Note - nobody has reported health workers or doctors on the case in Dallas being hacked to death with machetes.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
KaBloomR
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 11:16 AM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
My setiments also, DAA. Note - The affected person and caregivers must be hospitalized in the "good part of town."

--------------------
"It always gets a helluva lot worse before it gets any better"

Posts: 302 | From: Utah | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 11:43 AM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The seriousness of Ebola is real, especially when our idiot in charge seems to be trying to import the virus(?) into our homeland. I used the A.I.D.S. Virus as an example of the cluelessness politicians place as their personal knowledge of illnesses and spread their ignorance on the public. I remember first hand the aids scare, it reportedly started in Banana Zaire at the whore houses where westerners mingled with African whores for about .50 cents a poke. I use to laugh at the stupid fuckers all waiting at the bars drinking CuCa beer for one of the whores to say "you want a date". The simple answer then was... If you have any Christian values your chance of contracting aids are minimal. Later on someone claimed to have traced the spread of aids to gay flight attendants from UTA & Air France who vacationed in Kinshasa and Banana Zaire who dined on monkey meat, among other things.

--------------------
mike

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 12:25 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
These precautions remind me of the questions at the ticket counter: "Did anyone besides you pack your bag, did you leave it unattended?" That was before rag heads were eager and willing to kill total strangers and themselves.

So, they ask about where you been and this guy in Dallas says Liberia, but the nurse doesn't know the significance, so there goes the iron clad "safeguards", along with human stupidity. Then, they lie, so forget about a series of questions.

I think it would pay us to do some research and possibly come up with a vaccine. This could be the next small pox? Anybody remember how many Americans died of influenza, I believe it was in 1918? It was in the millions, I know that much.

I agree with some of the opinions here, who gives a shit about Africans? In fact, I think Bill Gates is a total dick for spending billions in Africa before doing something worthwhile here in America. But, that opens up a lot of questions, like continuing to fund the U.N. where they ALL vote against our interests 85% of the time, if we are lucky.

Foreign Aid? Israel, okay, but those sand niggers don't need our weapons while financing global terror. I say, let them build their own smart phones and Mercedes, if they can. No luxuries to the Saudi's, or bread. Let them fill up on dates, and stick their oil up their ass. It's insane, the way they are spending their wealth. I'd offer them ten bucks a barrel for their oil and sell them anything we have in civilized societies for at least a thousand percent markup. They are a one trick pony and I mostly blame the pussies in Europe and Japan who have no natural resources to speak of.

Just like now, you can't get any cooperation from any of them over Ukraine, because they are desperate for Russian natural gas. Now, who couldn't foresee that situation becoming a problem? Oh well, where would we get military radios without Korea, China and Japan?

It's no wonder the only jobs available for new Liberal Arts graduates is McDonald's. In fact, that should be offered as a major!

"I have a bachelor's degree in McDonald's Science, from Harvard"

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JP
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 12:26 PM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
Prune Picker - How right you are. We lived in Zaire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, when we first got there and then later changed to Zaire. Spent most of our time in Kinshasa, but also had teams in Bukavu, Kisangani and another god forsaken place that I don't remember the name of. We had inserted SF "A" Teams in and I just happened to me a member of one of the unfortunate teams. This was during the time the cannibal in Uganda was in control, so use your imagination as to what our purpose was. Also monkey was common staple while we were there, not for us but for them.

Leonard, I think you are wrong, they are not one generation out of the trees. Most of them are still in the trees.

[ October 06, 2014, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: JP ]

Posts: 150 | From: So AZ | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 12:48 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
JP, was it just coincidence that the closer you got to the Uganda border and further east of the Atlantic Ocean, it would leave a guy with a less than fresh feeling?

--------------------
mike

JP
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 12:56 PM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I never had that fresh feeling once I got off the C-141 in Kinshasa until I got back to Ft Bragg. But your right the closer to Uganda we got the less "freshness" you felt. Just a rotten, dirty, insect, disease ridden country.
Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 01:07 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
JP, Mobutu detail ?

--------------------
mike

JP
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 01:26 PM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean - Mobutu Sese Seko Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga (translated as 'The warrior who knows no defeat because of his endurance and inflexible will and is all powerful, leaving fire in his wake as he goes from conquest to conquest.').

If that is who you mean than the answer is.....of course not, wink,wink.

[ October 06, 2014, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: JP ]

Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 01:41 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Still giggling, did you ever see any of the counterfeit 100 dollar bills with the warriors (mobutus) likeness on them? I think I still have one somewhere.

--------------------
mike

JP
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 02:48 PM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing that I saw that was counterfeit was Mobutu himself. Once when getting familiar with the “Palace”, although he never referred to it as a Palace and nor were we allowed to, we walked into his trophy room – WOW!! My eye caught a beautiful mounted leopard, large and muscular and coat just as nice as could be. As I started to walk over to it his tail twitched and his head moved just a fraction, then he blinked and yawned. Dang near died of heart failure as we all started to slowly back out of this very large room. He yawned, slowly got up and stretched, walks over and got a drink. Then lay back down. Needless to say we never went back to see the rest of his trophies.

My wife taught Inspector Embaucke (sp) (Chief of his Secret Police) English, one hour a day, for $54.00. He gave her a pass that said Mrs. JP is my English Professor and is to be treated with the utmost courtesy and respect and shall not be delayed at any check station. Stamped with the raised Seal of the Leopard and signed it. One night coming home from a mandatory cocktail party we ran into a roadblock, car must have been lined up for at least a half mile while soldiers walked down the line demanding papers. Once they got to our car my wife showed them the card. Both soldiers snapped to attention saluted and started moving cars out of the way, they directed us up on the sidewalk and down through the roadblock. Like the Capital One credit card commercial “Never Leave Home Without it.”

I have dozens of stories about the two years we spent there, but I’m not yet sure I can repeat them.

Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 04:06 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
One last comment, I was always more comfortable around the Africans who had been introduced to toilet paper. Most of the Royals seemed ignorant to the practice of wiping their "arse" and to this day I still blame it on the limeys.

--------------------
mike

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 04:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
But, I learned, on "Naked and Afraid" that it's best to use a rock! Who knew?

edit: I assume, a rather smooth rock?

edit: speaking of toilet paper, you always know there has been a "wetter" in the shitter when you see "soiled" toilet paper on the floor, rather than flushed.

[ October 06, 2014, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2014 04:56 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
LB, I made sure my locals got soap, (Ivory or Dial) ass wipe, a tooth brush and tooth paste on a regular schedule. All of them asked for xtra for their families and as long as they took it home I didn't care. The funny thing was when a local outsider was around they were called "stinky ass" by my guys. I didn't and don't trust the muzzies (black or brown and neither did the locals (mostly Catholics), nor did we trust a commie. I'm not trying to sound like a bible thumper but I found it easy to trust a Christian in Africa regardless of color.

--------------------
mike

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters