The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » ATTENTION: Our New Jersey Police Officer Member

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ATTENTION: Our New Jersey Police Officer Member
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 13 posted September 20, 2014 12:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You really have to wonder where we are headed when police can enter a home where they SUSPECT underage drinking is occurring. Read on~

New Jersey town: “How can we protect you if we don’t take away your Constitutional rights?”

A proposed ordinance in Montville, New Jersey could give police officers broad powers – including entering private property – if underage drinking is even suspected.

Residents value their privacy in the upscale community of Montville in Morris County. But the proposed ordinance could change all of that.

Police officers under the ordinance could search homes with probable cause, and without a warrant, if they suspect underage drinking.

“I am not in favor of them just coming into the homes, because there – other people have said – there are children that do make mistakes on various occasions, and that’s more of a parent responsibility rather than a police responsibility,” said Anna Marie Cecire of Montville.

“Just coming in our houses searching – eventually, it’s going to turn into hunches and all that, and once you base it on a hunch, then it’s all downhill from there,” said high school senior Stephen McManus.

The mayor, committee members and the police chief do not appear to want to talk about the proposal, Sloan reported. None of them returned CBS 2’s calls.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31416 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2014 07:18 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Big Brother's nose is under the tent in New Jersey. Why don't they save valuable Policeman man hours and simply make it a part of the building codes to have full audio and video CCTV cameras installed in every room in every building in the city. I can all ready hear the city fathers saying: if you are not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to hide. Think about how safe we would be if they did that everywhere and think of all the terrorist we could stop.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2014 07:49 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Who was it that said that if you give up freedom for security, you will have neither ???

Walt Disney ?
No.
Howard Cosell ?
No.
Bill Shakespeare ?
No............Don't tell me, I'll bet you a nickel that I'll think of it eventually.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7565 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2014 12:26 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
That will never hold up for constitutionality when it is challenged in court.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2014 01:50 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I agree with you, 49.

But, the nagging thought is with the "Liberal State of New Jersey", and specifically, this township that (somehow?) doesn't understand this vulgar display. Total Control Freaks.

I can't even figure out if it's Left, Right or something else that would cause them to enact something so Draconian?

As far as the question posed by ko ko. I can't come up with an answer, at the moment, but it smacks of something uttered during the Revolutionary period?

Good hunting.El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2014 02:05 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Some guy named Jeff. Interesting differences between fly over states and the supposedly more enlightened fringe, er,... coast states. I don't know that this applies, but in Kansas, an underage minor, regardless of age, can drink alcohol on his own property with the consent of and under the supervision of his or her parents. Off the family ranch, you're fair game, but at home? Nobody's business but your own. But, we're kinda backwards here. Kansas - a very red state - was the first state to outlaw marrying your first cousin, according to a documentary I saw on PBS this week. Coincidence? Only 23 others states followed suit. That means that there is a lot of borderline inbreeding happening in 26 states. I don't know which ones those are, but I do know it isn't mine. [Wink]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2014 03:41 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Always some busybody wants to spoil the fun!

In this case, we find it's the State of Kansas. Why stop at cousins, you mean I can't marry my mother or my sister?

No, really, are you saying the quote is attributed to Jefferson?

Back to the original question. I am confident one day all cops, every jurisdiction will be allowed no knock entry, without the hassle of court orders, kinda the Brave New World in Hi Def. surveillance.

Bet me.
Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2014 05:18 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Some guy named Jeff. Interesting differences between fly over states and the supposedly more enlightened fringe, er,... coast states. I don't know that this applies, but in Kansas, an underage minor, regardless of age, can drink alcohol on his own property with the consent of and under the supervision of his or her parents. Off the family ranch, you're fair game, but at home? Nobody's business but your own. But, we're kinda backwards here. Kansas - a very red state - was the first state to outlaw marrying your first cousin, according to a documentary I saw on PBS this week. Coincidence? Only 23 others states followed suit. That means that there is a lot of borderline inbreeding happening in 26 states. I don't know which ones those are, but I do know it isn't mine. [Wink]
It is the same here.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2014 06:13 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Just goes to show how backwards AZ is. I'm pretty sure if the cops are called to a disorderly house party, all bets are off. If adults are present, they are subject to "contributing to the delinquency" charges.
Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2014 06:44 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
From recent posts commenting on news events, there are some pretty good absolutes that can be formulated;

(1) Don't give the police and / or the media reason to show up on your property.

(2) Try to avoid giving the police reason to point guns at you.

(3) Never give the police reason to pull the trigger if they do have guns pointed at you.

I'm sure that others could add a few more, but the above three should get most people thru from day to day.

CDude; I think that it was Jeff or his son that made that quote. [Smile]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7565 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2014 02:38 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.Benjamin Franklin

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2014 05:26 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok............We were close.

Ben Franklin is someone that our school system should devote an entire semester of study to.
Twisted old pervert that he was, he had a brilliant mind and accomplished things unheard of in his time.

--------------------

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2014 06:34 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Why did they just go after under age drinking. I don't agree with giving the police the power to do this without probable cause and a warrant. So why did they go after under age drinking when there a much more serious crimes like drug dealing, assault, murder and such. I guess I just don't get the liberal mindset.

As far as marring you first cousin, I saw a news show were they said there is no scientific reason to ban it. I believe it was John Stossel but don't hold me to it.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2014 06:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Jerry Lee Lewis started the trend. It hurt his career but damn, I always liked his music!

Speaking of trends, I'm glad that Revolutionary silk stocking craze died out.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters