The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2014 08:42 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
First off, I will start with the good. My good fishing buddy Mike and I both teach school. Therefore our summer break is coming to an end. So we decided to get together Saturday evening for one last hurrah before school starts back up. Mike had obtained permission to access a stream that ran through private land. If a person was ambitious enough they could get to where we were fishing, if they hiked far enough along the creek. Anyway what I'm saying is, that while it's on private land, it's not totally off limits to the public. The only difference is we didn't have to walk/hike as far to get to where we wanted to fish. It's not a very big creek but it sure holds some nice fish.

I caught several like this nice brown.
 -

My buddy Mike was fly fishing and having moderate luck. I was spin fishing and basically kicking his butt. So in frustration he asked if he could borrow my spin cast outfit for a couple casts. On his first cast the booger caught the largest fish of the evening, and the largest he's ever pulled out of that particular creek. Mike's a big dude so don't let this photo decieve you it's a very nice 18-20" brown. Mike is such a big guy that everything he holds tends to diminish in size.
 -

As the evening drew to a close (as did my summer break) I was able to land this brown on my last cast of the evening. I thought it was a great way to end what was a very good summer break. It helped put me in good spirits for going back to work.
 -

Now for the bad. This part of the state hasn't had much rain all summer. Our creeks are getting super low and some are even drying up in places. Plus they are getting really warm. This is very bad for the fish.

The ugly part of the this is I have started to see fish dying in many of the local creeks. This is a real bummer as there is a nice age class of 15"-20" trout in these streams. I sure hope it rains soon or this could get super ugly.

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2014 09:51 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with you on the spinning tackle. Sometimes there's no place for a backcast that won't snag bushes and trees. (way up high, too)

Thanks, Troy. Love your contributions!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31276 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters