The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » California police chief saysbank robbery HOSTAGE was killed by officer's gunfire

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: California police chief saysbank robbery HOSTAGE was killed by officer's gunfire
Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2014 10:31 AM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
"A hostage kidnapped during a Northern Ca. bank robbery was killed by police in an ensuing chase and shootout, likely during a final gun
battle where the lone surviving suspect used her as a human shield, authorities said Monday.

The results of a preliminary ballistics report show that police in the city of Stockton fired the 10 bullets that struck Misty Holt-Singh, 41, and all her wounds likely came during a final burst of gunfire, Stockton Police Chief Eric Jones said at a news conference."

The above was taken from a Fox News post Aug. 11 2014.
The complete article and video can be seen by logging on to foxnews.com .

WHAT SAY GUYS?
Do we fight back if taken hostage or do we let the police save us?

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2014 10:36 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
They (bad guys) were using her as a shield, firing at the (many) cops involved...cops werent worried about any hostages apparently.

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2014 10:53 AM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, yesterday on the news it was said after the shoot out some of the cops thought she "might have been involved in the robbery because the other two hostages jumped to freedom from the getaway car at high speeds". I have formed my own opinion about the mess and honestly think nobody in blue or ninja black, lost any sleep over the woman they killed(?) I hope I'm wrong tho.

--------------------
mike

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2014 11:31 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
That may be...hell you never know nowdays.

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2014 01:28 PM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
I certainly don’t know how I would react, as that would be a horrible situation. In my present position as a banker, I would be lying if I told you I haven’t gone over that same scenario in my mind. The one branch I manage is in a rural part of the county, and could be as much as 30 minutes before the calvary arrived.

With that said, I believe that whatever higher being you believe in, if you are so inclined to believe, that you are a gift from said higher being, and you are not doing the right thing to not fight back if you are able to. By not fighting back, you simply don’t think your life is such a gift.

Unfortunately, it seems we live in a society where it is much more acceptable to roll over and accept your fate than to man up, (or woman up), and fight back to save your life or the life or lives of your loved one(s).

I would like to think that if put in that position I would do what I think is right and fight like a son of a bitch. I would rather go down fighting than die crying and begging for my life than giving the sorry SOB that had my life in their hands the satisfaction of knowing they had that power over me.

[ August 13, 2014, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2014 01:37 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, i have wondered the same. Watching all those guys lined up in front of a trench just waiting for a bullet in the back of the head. Or even worse kneeling there for the guy to quit justifying why he's going to saw my head off. Would i meekly sit there or attack the bastard, at least go down fighting.

Good hunting. El bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31451 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2014 02:21 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure I have mentioned this before so bear with me, if you will. I started traveling (work) when the plo was the muzlum saviors of the middle east. We were told by the airlines every time they (airlines)asked for our passports that we would be held accountable for our actions if we resisted terrorists in a high jacking. I carried a Gerber single blade folder drop point because it was all I could defend myself with other than my fists and swore no one would see my lifeless body chunked out of an airplane door without inflicting some revenge, funny (not haha)but I feel the same way today. Screw it! I might take a beating but whomever does it will earn it. I traveled with several off duty soldiers traveling to and from the middle east back then and they universally felt the same as I did. Does anyone remember the US sailor the plo murdered and dumped his body (head first) onto the runway in Egypt? That was my motivation.

--------------------
mike

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters