The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Coyoye Hunting Ban by some bleeding heart liberal outfit.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coyoye Hunting Ban by some bleeding heart liberal outfit.
Frank
CAN START A FIRE WITH A BUCK KNIFE AND A ROCK
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2014 08:25 PM      Profile for Frank   Author's Homepage   Email Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
A response to http://www.projectcoyote.org/

http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/567808/ea43167d63/1557850287/4e6cdd2cba/

A letter to Fish and Game..........

Dear Sir

I can well remember the Mt Lion hunting ban in California. The Mt Lions were making a comeback so Fish and Game proposed an opening of the season to a modest take. The liberals had a cow and started heavily advertising with emotional commercials showing hunters killing Mt Lion cubs in their dens. Imagine that….all hunters were going out into the field looking for Mt Lion cubs to kill? It was all pure, emotional propaganda designed to sway public opinion. Their money, and bleeding heart morality, were rewarded with the average Californian voting to ban Mt Lion hunting. It was one of the first examples of abuse of the initiative process by the powerful and moneyed elites in California.

As an avid hunter and conservationist, I knew a modest take of a plentiful resource would actually benefit our wildlife populations. Back then, I even warned that not hunting the Mt Lion, even with a modest take, would eliminate the fear of man in Mt Lion populations. History has proved this correct as the number of Mt Lion attacks against humans in California has increased since the ban. Every time I hear of a Mt Lion attack against a human I imagine the person attacked was one of those who voted for the ban. Kind of a sweet irony from my perspective 

There is nothing wrong with a limited and controlled hunt of Mt Lions to put the fear of man back into their populations. This puts the fear of man into their populations and winds up protecting the public at large. The liberals would do nothing……. they call the killing of humans a natural consequence of nature and an acceptable cost to society to promote their twisted morality…….after all, the sacrifice of a bunch of humans is worth Mt Lions breeding to max capacity! Isn’t it? A limited hunt of Mt Lions, in time, would reduce the number of Mt Lion attacks which end up in the killing of humans…..i.e. something has to happen to make the Mt Lion population realize that humans are not a prey species. The only thing that is effective in doing that is a limited season on Mt Lion!

The bottom line is a modest take of Mt Lions does nothing to hurt their populations yet protects the human population by making the Mt. Lions realize we are not a prey species..

So now California hunters are faced yet again with a group of liberals outraged by a modest take of predators like coyote. Here again we have a group of bleeding heart liberals who would ban an activity with no knowledge of the consequences.

The coyote is a survivor. Just like Bass fishing contests, coyote hunting contests do nothing toward reducing or eliminating their populations. Indeed, hunting coyote can help increase their numbers. We should note there is no “restocking” program for predators like there is for various fish species here in California. The take on predators in insignificant by comparison to what happens to any number of fish species. There is no need to control the hunt of predators because there has never been a threat to their existence caused by hunters. It is only the bleeding heart morality of a bunch of anti-hunters who would propose banning the insignificant activity of contest hunting for predators…..they just don’t like it and would ban us all from doing it (yet they will promote all manner of depravity in human sexual activity).

There is absolutely no danger to coyote populations caused by the very minor, insignificant activity of contest hunting by what is a super minority of predator hunters. I would venture to say the effect of contest hunting on wildlife populations in California verges on the incalculable.

In the final analysis, what we have are here are a bunch of bleeding hearts who cannot see past the hunt. They only seek to impose their morality with no consideration towards the world at large.

I stand in opposition to the ban on contest hunting. It’s effect is no more pronounced than that of a Bass fishing contest.

Respectfully
Frank

To voice your opposition to the liberal elite and their attempts to eliminate hunting.......

California Fish and Game Commission

P.O. Box 944209

Sacramento, CA 94244-2090

fgc@fgc.ca.gov

[ July 24, 2014, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Frank ]

--------------------
"Truth is no prostitute, that throws herself away upon those who do not desire her; she is rather so coy a beauty that he who sacrifices everything to her cannot even then be sure of her favor".

Posts: 644 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2014 01:48 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I stold this off of PM today...

"Got this off my trail cam last week. The date and time stamp are wrong(I think I jiggled the batteries a little to much).
This picture was taken in the west side hills of central California.Probably less than 2 miles from Interstate 5."

-

[ July 25, 2014, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2014 02:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I think I know the area. No access, driven through there a hundred times.

But, the ban on lion hunting drives me insane! We have more damned lions than any two states put together, they have killed and eaten 5(?) people in the last ten years, and there is no record of humans killed by lions unless you go back three quarters of a century and I think it was a child?

But the worst part is the blackout on contract killing of lions. The last I heard, they were killing nuisance lions something on the order of 200 per year, as opposed to recreational hunting of licensed hunters which was about 75 per year, on a quota system, reached and end of season.

But, when you view a video of "orphan cubs" that's it! Emotions take over reason and logic. Suddenly, Game and Fish can't manage lions, we need a state wide ban because they are "endangered", which is horseshit! We have such a healthy population of lions, they are invading residential areas and killing pets.

Man, I could rant on lions all day long!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters