The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » I'll take Hot Soup for $100, Alex!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'll take Hot Soup for $100, Alex!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted July 23, 2014 11:10 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
A man who pleaded guilty to robbing a Delaware pizza parlor is suing the establishment for its employees being too rough with him when they tackled him to keep the gunman from getting away. From The News Journal: “In his self-written complaint, [Nigel Sykes] admits, ‘I committed a robbery at Seasons Pizza’ on Maryland Ave. on Nov. 30, 2010, just before 8 p.m. He admits he ‘displayed’ a handgun and that an employee – a delivery driver and one of the named defendants – ‘handed me $140.’ He says he then started to make his way forward in the store when a different employee grabbed him from behind and other employees wrestled the gun from him, with at least one shot being fired during the struggle. ‘That is when the assault began,’ according to Sykes' suit. ‘All of the Season's Pizza employees participated in punching, kicking and pouring hot soup over my body. I was unarmed and defenseless and had to suffer a brutal beating by all of the employees of Seasons Pizza,’ he wrote, adding the beating knocked him unconscious.” Sykes is seeking more than $260,000 for his pain and suffering.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2014 02:02 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Memo to self;
If ever going by a Seasons Pizza, stop in and buy something.

[ July 23, 2014, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
SECOND PLACE: Mad Bomber lookalike contest
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2014 02:44 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
I was meditating on things today, and I've decided that the best policy is for the police to only arrest people willing to go to gaol. If the person says they aren't willing to go to gaol, the police need to get in their cars and leave.

If there is a trial and they are found guilty (in absentia, since they may not want to go to court, either) then if they are not willing to go to prison, the state or county can just fine them and send them a bill.

This would be a much better way of handling things for all involved. [Smile]

If only I was the Emperor...

[ July 24, 2014, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------
"I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart." - Bear Claw

Posts: 588 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2014 03:47 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
While we're at it, how about passing a law that turds can't profit thru the legal system for things that happened while they were breaking the law ??
Simple, no ??
If only Del was Emperor.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters