The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » A couple of game camera pictures

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A couple of game camera pictures
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2014 05:23 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
This bull was hanging around camp last Fall. The post in the one picture is 6 feet high and it gives you an idea of the size of the bull. I got one picture of him while driving into camp. The trees/bushes are about 5-7 feet tall. No moose hunting here either.

-
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 390 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2014 08:45 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
I lived in Alaska for 15 years and had a PA 12 on floats for most of those years. I saw hundreds of moose in Alaska, Yukon Territories and British Columbia and have never seen a moose with a rack as nice as that one.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2014 05:14 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
Moe, that's the biggest bull that I've ever seen here also. However, you've seen many more than I have and for you to make that comment about his rack, he must really be special.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 390 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted July 17, 2014 02:41 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Every now and then I see a bull like that on TV but, yes, I've seen hundreds of moose just in one day flying up through Berner's Bay or the Endicot River near Juneau. I've seen some pretty big moose but nothing like that one. Also, I've never seen a rack like that on anyone's cabin.

IMO, the moose meat we got in SE Alaska was the finest game meat I've ever had. We've barbequed round steaks that almost covered the grill of a big Weber. Very flavorful and more tender than you'd think. I miss it.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters