The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » California Grizzly re-intro

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: California Grizzly re-intro
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2014 10:41 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I just heard on the news that certain groups are pushing for the reintroduction of grizzly bears here in California. They are very close to getting 2 bears transplanted here.

Super populated state, and they want to do this? I know we have some great wilderness areas, but I cant see this turning out well down the road?
Mark
edit: http://www.takepart.com/article/2014/06/20/new-move-bring-back-grizzly-bear-california

double edit:"Roamed from the beaches of Los Angeles to the mountains of the Sierra Nevada",

I would love to see them roaming the beaches of Los Angeles again lol.

[ July 14, 2014, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2014 11:11 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
This is nothing but a ploy to restrict you from more areas.
If you doubt it, try fishing Sespi Creek in the Buzzard Refuge.
Also, there are places where you cannot shoot coyotes.........might mistake an endangered / transplanted wolf for one.
Better prohibit shooting Black Bear in the Grizzly area just to be on the safe side,too.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2014 03:41 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT HE SAID ^

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2014 06:00 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Good, take a bunch of ours!

[ July 14, 2014, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: ursus21 ]

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2014 08:54 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Another dumb decision by people who live in the city.
Oregon denied that wolves had entered the state until the livestock losses and sighting got so numerous they were forced to tell the truth. Then they continue to lie about the spread of the wolves to other portions of the state.

As I write this there are ODFW biologists trying to figure out what's happened to the mule deer populations in eastern Oregon. Stop hunting cougars with dogs and reintroduce wolves. Brilliant.

We really need grizzlies, right?

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2014 10:53 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually.............if they want to reintroduce Grizzlies in Calif. a couple of places come to mind;
(1) Griffith Park.
Plenty of homeless for the Griz to feed on.
(2) The Verdugo Mountains (also in Los Angeles) The tree huggers stopped us from hunting in the Verdugo's decades ago and I'm still bitter about it.
(3) The Southern Border. Put the bears to work mauling illegals and terrorizing drug runners.

[Razz]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted July 15, 2014 11:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT HE SAID ^

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2014 11:24 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
X2

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2014 12:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
How about Mulholland and the Hollywood Hills? Santa Monica? Silicon Valley? Marin?

In other words, Liberal Enclaves.

You know, if you discount Los Angeles and San Francisco, the rest of Kalifornia is moderately conservative. Think how Denver sways the state of Colorado.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2014 02:11 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
We're gonna need more Griz, pilgrim.

[Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters