The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » more gala event stuff

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: more gala event stuff
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted July 10, 2014 11:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
First, you see the capsule which flashes two times a second. Second photo is me with all the censors and the data recorder that I had to wear all day.

Have not heard the evaluation, yet? I guess they will call me with the "good" news?

-

-

edit: Hmm? I look like shit! I've lost about 20 pounds. That first pic, that's not me in need of a manicure, it's the lady nurse.
There are several pads you can't see that are below in my pants. Man! were they stuck good! I got a damned "Brazilian"! Ripped off a lot of hair!

[ July 10, 2014, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31487 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2014 02:16 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I sure hope they figure this out for you soon Leonard. At least this method is better than having another scope in both ends. When my wife was arrested, it all began because of abdominal pain they could not track down. Upper left quadrant, just beneath the bottom ribs. Turned out that the pain was being caused by a prescription one of the doctors that had her arrested had prescribed. Down the road, another new doc got suspicious of the timing, discontinued that med and the pain went away in a couple days and hasn't returned.

Feel better soon.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2014 03:27 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope for a quick pleasant ending Leonard!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
KaBloomR
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2014 04:19 PM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, LB. Hopefully they can get things figured out for you. Did you have to take any type of digestive suppressant? Or does that capsule just run through your body's natural course?

--------------------
"It always gets a helluva lot worse before it gets any better"

Posts: 302 | From: Utah | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2014 04:44 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I didn't eat anything for 48 hours and then, nothing while it was coursing through my system except for 8 oz of water.

The worst part, of course was the GoLightly stuff that flushes everything, and I mean everything. Also, I stopped taking my medications, one of which is the morphine for my back and of course, I started having withdrawal, yesterday. Then, the alpurenal, which I can't spell but it's for gout and sure enough, I had a episode in my right ankle, this morning; better now, took two this morning. Apparently, I'm producing way more uric acid than normal. It's a sensation you don't want to experience, like hot, sharp needles.

Near as I can tell, the capsule hasn't passed yet, I will for sure alert the media when it does. I don't know it it will be dead or not? It's like a Walmart Blue Light Special, flashes like a strobe.

Maybe if they can't find anything in all those images, of my plumbing, maybe an MRI next? We'll see.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2014 05:10 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I always pictured the capsule as being like a little itty bitty submarine with little bitty doctors in it. Color me wrong! The even bigger question is,... if you pass it at home, do you have to fish it out on your own and give it back? if so, how many times has that thing been used before? Just curious. (Just trying to interject a little humor amongst the waiting, LB. No offense intended.)

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2014 05:34 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Point taken, but I was on top of it last week, with the questions. They do not want it back, it's disposable. The concern is that it could be lodged somewhere so that's why they want me to be on the lookout, and it floats, so if I see it, it shouldn't be too hard to retrieve, just as a souvenir, maybe clean it up and wear it on a chain? Otherwise, they think it will travel the sewer system without any problem.

I don't know, but my first reaction was, a little R2D2, sans wheels. The packaging was first class, too. Comparable to Apple ear buds, for instance. I wouldn't doubt they cost a few bucks.

Thanks for the inquiry and the levity, Amigo. I'm sure everybody's curious and wants to know these things, but are afraid to ask. [Smile]

Good hunting. El Bee

PS a lot of gas, no caca. Stay tuned!

edit: TMI lol

[ July 10, 2014, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2014 03:23 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I bet if a certain 'nameless' shill had that test done, he'd hafta drink a 6pk. of warm Leininkugels and wait for the probe to map the entire digestive tract, before being burped back out his mouth.

Docs hope the expelled probe would careen off his computer monitor, and safely come to rest, somewhere between the mouse & keyboard. Then, it could be preserved & cherished, proudly displayed alongside the rotten dental ornaments that decorate his mantle...

Just interjecting some humor, hope all is well!!!

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2014 03:25 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Not much fun at all , hope they find what's ailing you and get you back on the road soon.
Thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2014 06:52 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you find out what is going on, LB!

I vote for the necklace charm, myself! [Smile]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2014 01:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, neck charm sounds good, until I took a look at that first actual specimen. I decided I didn't need it that bad, for "show and tell" or anything else. This is where a picture is worth a thousand words but y'all get the idea, I ain't going there.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2014 06:42 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Lb, Are you taking NSAID's? Aspirin, Aleve, Naproxin, Feldene, & Mobic are all guilty of producing stomach/digestive issues with my digestive system. The stomach aches were as bad or worse than the pain from a broken leg. Lance mentioned the upper GI pains his wife endured and I will bet a quarter she was taking one of the above NSAID's. A few years ago I tried Mobic for a couple days and the old stomach issues returned, after a heated argument with the doc, he admitted he made a mistake prescribing it even though I told him about previous issues taking Feldene. Mobic is from the same family, with a new buffer added to help stomach issues associated when taking Feldene. Regardless, I hope you get your problems resolved asap.

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2014 07:12 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Prune, Lisa's pain was in her left side, just beneath the bottom rib. They figured it was in the transverse colon right where it drops south toward the exit, but multiple scopes found nothing. Thought it was her spleen for a while but that went no where. She cannot take NSAIDS for the reasons you cite due to a history of IBS. In her case, it was Cymbalta that caused her that grief. As to the NSAIDS, I have been on and off 375mg Naproxyn for several years to control inflammation in my neck and lower back. Any other of those listed gives me big time stomach problems almost immediately. Just this week, I had to discontinue the naproxyn for a new reason. I have open sores on my forearms that will suddenly appear after getting a red spot that itches and then starts to bleed. I have had some of them for six months or more. One of the sites they used when they did my gallbladder surgery 3 years ago still hasn't healed completely and the dr agreed that all this may be due to the naproxyn levels in my blood. Having been off it for just three days, I notice quite a bit less stinging and itching around the sores already. We figure it's either the meds, early skin cancer, or diabetes of which I have no family history.

Something's gonna get ya eventually.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2014 08:56 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a kidney problem, very poor numbers. My mother had a kidney removed and so did my brother. His was cancerous, my left kidney has a benign tumor, but in any case I do not take ibuprofen Celebrex or naproxin, on the advice of my Doctor.

But, while my initial concern was extreme fatigue and the stomach aches, what I have is severe anemia and that is where they are searching for the cause. I can't help thinking that it is also a symptom of cancer. That and the weight loss. Oh well, think positive, right?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2014 10:26 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I really don't know what to say, other than hang in there. You're a tough ol' guy [Smile] and, I expect you to stay tough !!

I don't know how much weight, I have with the big guy. I said a prayer for you & will continue to do so.

Peace..

[ July 13, 2014, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted July 13, 2014 03:53 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, yesterday I got a scary call about the pill cam results. I don't have the time or energy right now to relate events, but I am back home. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

KaBloomR
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2014 05:31 PM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
I concur with Dave, LB. You are a tough ol' guy. Prayers sent from Utah.

--------------------
"It always gets a helluva lot worse before it gets any better"

Posts: 302 | From: Utah | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2014 05:52 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard i hope everything is alright with ya. And hope its not serious. I will definitely keep you in my prayers.
Posts: 1626 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2014 03:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, thanks all.

Ahl sur vive.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters