The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Happy Fourth of July

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy Fourth of July
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2014 02:48 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Independence Day to you all and to our liberal friends happy IN- Dependence day.
Got the smoker runnin at three A.M. ribs are in. Crock pot has been steaming all night with pulled pork. This is still meat from the ill fated Texas hunt. Of course I don't really get to eat any a little nibble or two maybe more while no teeth are actually required to eat this pork.
Family comin over around Noonish for food and fireworks nothing like the oakies have , we will all come away with the digits we began with !

And remember vote em all out come November we don't need career politicians filling their pockets and telling us how to live.They must realize we are in charge!!!!!

[ July 04, 2014, 02:51 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2014 08:58 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Fourth !!!!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7482 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2014 09:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Times have changed. Maybe for better, or sometimes/not.

The magic and excitement I felt upon waking up on the Fourth of July, as a kid is just not the same, today. They have managed to castrate this holiday, as far as I am concerned.

We sometimes, managed to get cherry bombs from North Dakota but made due with rolls of caps and my dad's hand sledgehammer. We also had these little plastic missiles that you unscrewed and placed a single cap inside and tossed as high as you could. They made caps in rolls, some perforated with holes, some not and you could get flat sheets that were scored so that you could tear them off individually, and this is what we used in those little missiles. Besides, they had a bigger bump that the one's used in cap guns.

And, of course, everybody had a friggin' cap gun. Some were well made and others very cheaply made. I'm wondering if this sanitized Fourth, you could find a cap gun for sale, anywhere? Of course not!

Damn, we had fun stepping on hot sparklers with bare feet. By the time we got to the "Snakes" in the value assortment, we were tired of the whole thing. But, first thing in the morning, the whole neighborhood exploded. Incidentally, I have not heard a single firecracker so far this morning, but there are a few Mexican neighbors around here, and I'm sure they will have fireworks after dark....even though it is forbidden and illegal. They never pay any attention to laws.

Yeah, times have changed. I do not envy my grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, and the world they will live in. Growing up, I hardly knew anybody that wasn't white? Now, they say we are the minority, and we sure as hell are outnumbered! Still though, the "Latinos" one observes driving down the street, all have lawnmowers in the back of the "PEE CUP".

The Fourth of July is just another BBQ day, in many ways.

(Fred, that's the same as a "COOK OUT", back east)

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31269 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2014 09:45 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, just can't get excited anymore. Back in the day, my baby daughter couldn't sleep due to the assholes with their fireworks in my neighborhood.

Then came a puppy, then almost 14 years later another puppy, both hate/hated them. They've been going off hit & miss the last few nights.

Can't wait for tonight..

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2014 11:02 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the new puppy made it through better than expected. It sounded like a battlefield last night.

I need to move..Oh' yeah Shih-Tzu's are tough little hombre's.. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2014 12:22 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
We farred up the Okla Joe Smoker & cooked some ribs smoked over pa-con wood. Mixed some JD's original BBQ sauce, ate like pigs with some fresh caught Crappie as a side dish. Passed out mescan bottle rockets and roman candles to the kids at dark, made sure they all had safety glass's! lit a pack of black cats to announce the invasion. The old farts retired to no mans land and laughed our ass's off while the kids fought to the end. The only wound was a under armor tee shirt which took a direct hit from a roman candle round to the middle of the back during a cowardly retreat.

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters