The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » American Sniper

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: American Sniper
Duckdog
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2014 05:37 PM      Profile for Duckdog           Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like I remember a discussion here about this book..?
Well, anyway,...great book, and a great story headed to the big screen!
Clint Eastwood is directing it. I sure hope ole Clint does it right!
And,...he better damn well do the beach ball story!!

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=103733

Posts: 205 | From: Ks | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2014 09:49 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
It will be a great movie, and done right.

Kevin,

Another book you need to look for is "Service, A Navy Seal at War", which is a follow up book by Lone Survivor author Marcus Luttrell with James Hornfischer. Found it at Sams Club discounted. An excellent read, even better than Lone Survivor, in my opinion. This is a must read for anyone who served in combat, as well.

What types of books are you looking to read? I am working on a project that has led me to read a LOT of books the last six months on prepping and the like. Most of what I have read are military personnel/SOF turned authors offering up advice and information on a fiction platform to educate without coming off like stereo directions. I can give you titles to the best ones - real page turners.

Also, just announced this morning on FOX, Mark Owen, who wrote No Easy Day, is being pursued by the Justice Department and the feds so they can take away all the money he made off his book about the raid on bin Laden's compound.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Duckdog
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2014 10:33 AM      Profile for Duckdog           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm actually about 1/2 way through 'Service' right now. It is a good book.
I'm not really looking for anything in particular. I just kind of take em as they come I guess.
The actor playing Kyle seems like a strange pick. Doug from the Hangover?? He's sure got his work cut out for him!

Posts: 205 | From: Ks | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters