The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Tim Behle (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Tim Behle
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2014 09:52 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know Tim, kinda remember him posting some after I got here.

That being said, God bless him. I hope the best for Tim & his family.

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Chris S
"SPECIAL ACCOUNT" HM's Facebook page moderator & runs with scissors
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2014 06:08 PM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
That is an amazing turn of events! Wow! All the best on a full recovery going forward.
Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2014 07:24 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Posted by Tim himself just three hours ago today,

"To those people who are anxiously awaiting the news of my death, I'm very happy to laugh and let you know that not only did I pull out of my coma, I was released from the hospital today and am resting happily with family in Sierra Vista. To the many people who prayed for me, I thank you with all of my heart. And for those who doubt the power of prayer, think about this, . a week ago today my parents were told to make arrangements for my funereal. Instead of making arrangements they started asking people to pray for me. Still have doubts?"

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2014 10:38 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Along the "Krusty Trail" of these internet forums three people have made more of an impact on my real life than any others.

One was Nancy and when we lost her (*I hope it's okay to say we, Leonard) it was like a punch in the gut and I swore I was going to honor the way she saw me by trying as hard as I could to be that man.

Another was Rich Cronk. He taught me how to make predator calls, and he paid me the greatest compliments on the application of those skills by telling me he thought I was his best student.
And through the recordings of his lip-squeak sounds, other than my brother Red, he was the one I hunted with more than anybody else. He was with me on my best days in the field and still is.
I miss that old fart, a lot... and this is the first time I've been able to bring myself to write about his passing.

The other is Tim Behle.
He never gave up on me nor would he allow me to give up on myself.
For all the times that I pissed you guys off, and Lord knows that was fairly often for a while there, he never ever got mad at me (at least that I know of).
And, even though I didn't learn as much as I could have about trapping from Tim I learned almost everything important that I know about being a trapper from him.
Leonard is probably the only one who was more proud of me for finally killing a coyote, but I think Tim was the happiest.
*He had a lot going on, at the time, and didn't have but a few words to say... but that's Tim's thing, he speaks volumes with very few words and he's usually spot on. He didn't have long verbose instruction for me, instead he taught me by example like he just has again.

"Don't count me out just yet" eh Tim? [Smile]

I was NOT ready to let Tim go! [Frown]
And I seriously doubt any of us is happier for him, right now, than I am. [Big Grin]

Today, Tim Behle, like so many days in the past... you are my hero!

Feel better, be happy, and stick around and be the man I have for so long admired for a good long while longer, okay!

Krusty

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2014 06:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's okay to say, "we", Krusty. You know, my friends always liked her more than me. I understood. My daughter called her mother a "Saint" not long ago, right in front of my current girlfriend. It's okay, Karen is already aware of such things.

But, back on track....this miracle with Tim is awesome. I don't even know what to think of it? Maybe he will find the time to check in with his friends on HM? Maybe we should change his custom title to "Lazarus" ?

Good hunting. El Bee

edited because I still can't spell Biblical names correctly.

[ July 05, 2014, 06:33 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31467 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2014 05:00 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Hot diggity Damn!

That's GREAT news!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2014 09:10 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I had heard, some time back that Tim no longer has a computer, just like Quinton Waggoner. He makes due with a cell phone and for me at least, it is very difficult to log on to websites via a phone. Some can do it and my hat's off to those that can. But, with my MacBook Pro, I don't have to. Which, by the way, was the best thing I ever did, in bailing out of all the PC drama.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 7 posted July 07, 2014 03:54 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I think, Vic and myself use our cell phones for pretty much everything ?
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2014 05:55 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Good to know, I know where to turn if I ever need to use my iPhone for "everything". But Vic has a computer, I have seen it.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS but, that would explain his short posts? He's not exactly chatty on the boards.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2014 04:14 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad to hear of Tim's miracle.

I haven't been on a computer in a couple of years. I use my iPhone and am very happy doing so. I know the new computers are faster but my old computer drives me nuts it's so slow.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2014 07:08 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are so progressive! Striker fired systems and now, smartphones. Oh my! [Smile]

You know what? I occasionally leave my phone in the truck all day before I realize where I left it. And, I don't take it to bed with me, if somebody pings me, I don't hear it. I treat it as outgoing, not incoming

I look at women backing out of a parking place with their phone to their ear. I am determined not to let it infect me. Imagine, not long ago, no cell phones at all. How the fuck did we manage? Sometimes I think that whoever invented them should have their ass kicked.

Hate to tell you what I am thinking when I see somebody walking, totally absorbed in their smartphone, texting twitter and Instagram and Facebook. Oh, did you see where Facebook censored that big game hunter girl? Who the hell do they think they are? This is why I won't join a chickenshit outfit like that.

Technology sucks!

Good hunting. El Bee

[ July 08, 2014, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2014 04:58 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
luddite!

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2014 03:32 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a love hate relationship with my I- phone
Love the GPS and Weather , hate sitting in a room full of people staring at their laps. And texting has stopped most meaningful communication , and while I'm at it why do apps need to know my location I should stop now before I burn my phone!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2014 06:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
my iPhone has GPS? Shit, and here all I use it for is answering phone calls and text messages. Well, I'll be!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2014 07:30 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
About 3 years back I was hunting with a guy and he said I just picked up a new spot we should go there.
I asked have you looked it over and scouted it? Nope, he said check this out and pulled up a satellite shot of the location. I looked it over and said the wind will be right and the coyotes should be in this draw at this time of morning.
Pulled up and went thru the gate and got it done.

I thought that was pretty cool.

Stay after them
Kelly

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2014 08:35 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
That's the cool part of GPS !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2014 09:03 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I've used google earth and mapquest both to scout new places.

I can check prices and order parts anytime.

Make notes, store combinations and loads.

I can buy and sell guns on Facebook.

Check in with talkative people by texting and not have to answer a thousand questions.

Drive anywhere without having to ask for directions and many other things including checking in here, all on my little iPhone.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2014 09:24 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a luddite. What's a luddite?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2014 05:47 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
You are. Our county has a mapping program through the appraiser's office where I can go in and click on any spot on the satellite imagery and the system reveals the owner's name, address and how many acres, highlighting boundaries. If I am in my home county, using the locate service, all I have to do is open the site on the web and auto-locate shows me where I am. I click on the property I'm looking at and there's my owner. Do a search for their phone number and make the call. Green light.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2014 04:35 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.facebook.com/ajax/sharer/?s=22&appid=25554907596&p[0]=1342951073&p[1]=10202760222630332&share_source_type=unknown&__av=100000231334793

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2014 06:26 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That don't work for me, Paul?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2014 04:22 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't work for me either , it was a fb post by Tim's Mom saying he had been to see the doctor and she(the Doc) feels he will recover to where he was prior to his last event that no fungus was in blood or brain but that he was exhausted and needed rest and nutrition.

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2014 04:46 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Go Tim go !!!!!!!!!!!

[Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters