The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Tim Behle (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Tim Behle
Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2014 08:08 AM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised there's no discussion of this on here, perhaps I'm missing it, but Tim Behle's struggle with Valley Fever has culminated with a week long stint in the ICU.

He was removed from life support yesterday afternoon and I don't think he was expected to survive with the holes in his lungs. I came here expecting to see some more recent info, admittedly expecting the worst. Please share if you've heard any news, I struggle to stay in the loop anymore but I'll do the same.

I met Tim 10 years ago this month, I know some of you have known him much longer, let's hope for a long shot. He's good at those.

Thanks;
Jason R. Bruce

Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2014 09:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the first I have heard?

If anybody else has any information at all about Tim, we need to hear it. In any case, if things are as dire as indicated above, I am shocked and saddened.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31262 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2014 10:09 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim has been removed from life support, and has a DNR in effect. A severe case of Valley fever along with pneumonia have caused several lesions and holes thru his lungs, along with the other associated problems they cause.
Posts: 1589 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2014 10:14 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The last most of us knew, Tim was living in Mexico, checking the Boards on his phone, and his health problems mostly behind him.

This comes as a shock.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7479 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2014 12:57 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
ditto on koko.

I thought the shingles and Valley Fever were long ago and basically cured?

Shock doesn't even begin to describe it! Can't believe it, poor guy!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2014 02:45 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn... I haven't heard from Tim in a coons age. Speaking of age though, he's the same age as I am, which is too young for this.

Sorry to hear about it.

He gave me a box of cigars way back when I knew about him being sick, which like Leonard says, I thought was basically over, quite a many years ago. I still have a couple of them left.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
R.Shaw
Peanut Butter Man, da da da da DAH!
Member # 73

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2014 04:02 PM      Profile for R.Shaw           Edit/Delete Post 
Extremely sad news indeed.
Posts: 542 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2014 04:08 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I sure hate to hear this.
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2014 04:44 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad to hear this. Wow.

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2014 05:05 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
I have kept up with Tim on FB. His illness seemed to come on very fast, and the news is very sad. I'll never forget his making burritos for all of us.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2014 07:04 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Like Geordie, I have tried to follow it the past few days on Facebook, but information has been sketchy, at best. When he got shingles, I used him as a guinea pig and ordered some medicine from a guy Ronnie Robison used to use as a med source for his pain control and, according to Tim, the meds worked great in controlling the shingles pain. He has been through many challenges in life since and I've had occasional contact with him the past two years. Things have been spotty and now this. Very sad.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2014 10:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I sure hope somebody can provide us with updates?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2014 03:41 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I have kept in touch with Tim thru FB as well.
This all seems to have come on suddenly. I don't know a lot of details. Other than to say he needs our thoughts and prayers at this time.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2014 05:21 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I just got a message from Larry and Brenda Behle.
Tim is in St. Marys hospital in Tucson. They were given no hope from his doctors Yesterday they took him off the vent and brought him out of an induced coma , after a time he responded to answer some yes and no questions the doctors were amazed. They say he had two holes in his lungs one was repaired the other not as they are thinking another will develop due to the condition of his lungs. It seems our friend is in very rough shape and in need of our thoughts and prayers.

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2014 06:24 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
Really sad news. Tim is one of the guys I was glad to have met.

Regards
Kelly

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2014 06:41 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds to me like he is one tough dude.
Mark

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2014 08:35 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
This is really hard to believe. Mortality, you know?

I have a continuing objection to FaceBook, never have been on it, but can see where it might have been an advantage yesterday when I googled Tim Behle.; create an account, etc. But still, I don't Twitter or FaceBook and can't give you a good reason why?

Thanks for the info, Paul. Much appreciated. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2014 12:04 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I use facebook to keep in touch with some friends and relatives I would not otherwise have contact with. I also use it to vent my deep seated disdain of the current administration and liberals and other commie scum in general.
Its a lot of fun in that regard. edit to say I don't twitter or anything else just fb.

[ July 02, 2014, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2014 01:33 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, hear ya on that shit. My Reno relatives network with my NorCal relatives who communicate with my Colorado family and also with the AZ (Phoenix/Scottsdale) part of the family. All in all, they manage to keep abreast of what I get into, more or less.

Son and grandson in Colorado
Daughter and granddaughters in San Rafael
Uncle and girl cousins in Reno
Cousin and girl second cousins in Phx.

I'm the only holdout left in SoCal. 'bout time I did something about it, instead of just talk, eh?

Hang in there, Tim. Everybody's praying for ya.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2014 03:54 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Dang I hate to hear this, praying.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2014 02:32 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim's mother just posted a request (21 hours ago) on his facebook page asking for phone numbers of anyone that wanted to hear from him "when he got to feeling better", so maybe things are improving. I posted on that thread that there were a lot of us gnarly old wolfers holding him up in prayer and asked that they try to keep us updated as much as possible through that FB page. I will try to bring any updates here as they become available.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2014 04:19 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim's mother just posted that Tim has made a miraculous turn around and is being released soon his lungs are still in bad shape. She said Monday they were planning a funeral and now this.
Never doubt the power of prayer. What a huge relief to hear this fine news. Thank you all for your thought and prayers.

--------------------

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2014 04:35 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, tough dude for sure.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2014 05:00 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm dumbfounded! I hate to say it, but I was thinking of Tim in the past tense. Those prayers worked, folks!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2014 09:42 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the update his mom posted 18 hours ago.

UPDATE ON TIM: Now I can tell you the rest of the story, just like Paul Harvey. On Monday, we met with the doctors and we were to watch him this week and if there was no improvement we were going to place him in Hospice on the following Monday. On Tuesday morning they noticed that he was able to breathe on his own. So they gave him oxygen under his nose and brought him out his coma. One Wednesday, he was even better and they were moving him to a regular room. We didn't want to provide any false hope so we just maintained that he was improving. Today, Brenda called and talked to him and he had been looking for us all day because he wanted to tell us that he was being released tomorrow. The staff can not believe the turn around he made in less than 48 hours. Brenda made a comment to him and he said, "don't you believe in the power of prayer?" He will have his cell phone back tomorrow and be back on the computer. His lungs are still in terrible shape, but he is doing fine. This is certainly a miracle. We were actually planning a funeral on Monday and now he is coming home. Amazing......

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters